Random Random Chat Thread XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you edit me a highlights package that makes Leroy Jetta look like a jet? We are looking to work with Volkswagon to introduce the limited edition jetta jetta. If so you have the job.

No it dosent break down all the time and corner badly.

This I can do. I excel in the magic of television (lies).

A couple of notable things have occurred today...

This morning, on my way to work, I walked past a bar and at no later than 8:30am, there are two guys (looked like construction workers) sucking down a pint of amber.

I mean, look; I'm all for moar beer, but 8:30 in the morning?

Then at lunch time, I was out for a stroll. I took a decent chomp out of the apple I was eating as I walked along. Turns out it was so juicy that biting it sent a jet of apple juice pretty much projectile flying through the air and straight into the eyes of a lady walking towards me.

Is there more to the second story?
Well, not really, but there was an appreciable reaction on her behalf that alerted me to what had happened.

I don't think she realised it had come from me, though, so I kind of awkwardly kept scurrying along.

Probably should have apologised.

Well, not really, but there was an appreciable reaction on her behalf that alerted me to what had happened.

I don't think she realised, though, so I kind of awkwardly kept scurrying along.

Probably should have apologised.
This happened to me at the footy once.

Except it didn't actually hit someone, it just came perilously close, and they didn't notice.

It may have also been from a blister that I got from burning myself on a fireplace a few days before, instead of an apple. It flew METRES.

No-one seemed to notice, but I've never been so terrified, disgusted and relieved in short succession. Thank you sparsely-populated Level 4 at the G.

Okay, straw poll-

Do you pronounce route as 'root' or 'rowt'?

I've noticed recently a lot of people using the latter. Pretty sure it's a blatant Americanism, and in 'merica we are not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See I'm 100% in agreement.

It's almost like they've dropped the e. Like, when for example "did you see us beat Carltank? It was a fair dunkum rout."

THAT is pronounced with 'ao/ow' sound. Route is not.

A couple of notable things have occurred today...

This morning, on my way to work, I walked past a bar and at no later than 8:30am, there are two guys (looked like construction workers) sucking down a pint of amber.

I mean, look; I'm all for moar beer, but 8:30 in the morning?
Typical CFMEU workers. I wonder if they punched any horses today?

Okay, straw poll-

Do you pronounce route as 'root' or 'rowt'?

I've noticed recently a lot of people using the latter. Pretty sure it's a blatant Americanism, and in 'merica we are not.

I'm 100% on the root bandwagon.

I don't think the confusion stems from an Americanism though. For example they call R66 root 66, not rowt 66.

Has it become a somewhat grey area due to computers given it's a rowter, not rooter?

I'm 100% on the root bandwagon.

I don't think the confusion stems from an Americanism though. For example they call R66 root 66, not rowt 66.

Has it become a somewhat grey area due to computers given it's a rowter, not rooter?
Actually you could be right there. Quite correct; they don't say 'rowt 66'.

Could well be the confusion with internet routers.

Either way, I find it rather annoys me. The other half's done it a few times recently too.

applying for a new job today, covertly so as to not alert my current employer. I feel like a dirty cheat. At what point to you alert the authorities and ask for a refernece? one that will potentially make your work life hell if you are unsuccessful ?

also cleaning your FB profile of all profanmities and tin foil rantings as akin to quickly cleaning the house the minute before you parents come back from holidays

Remove this Banner Ad

Back