Club History Random moments in Swans history

Remove this Banner Ad

In lieu of today's game, I remember hanging on to beat Collingwood at Docklands in 2001 where were decimated by injury during the game. Down to 0 on the bench and Eade also mentioned after the game we also had 4 others on the field that wouldn't have normally continued on. One of the injuries was unfortunately Heath James who was crying on the bench after doing his hammy for the millionth time.

Here is a pretty random article I found while thinking about Callipygian query about Papleys standing as a great Swans small.

A disclaimer. Jack Dyer was my favourite non Swans footy person. He had a soft spot for South and fans as you will read. The article is from 1965. He reflects critically on South and tells some very funny yarns about South. His words about Bobby are great. It is a funny three minute read.

Here is a pretty random article I found while thinking about Callipygian query about Papleys standing as a great Swans small.

A disclaimer. Jack Dyer was my favourite non Swans footy person. He had a soft spot for South and fans as you will read. The article is from 1965. He reflects critically on South and tells some very funny yarns about South. His words about Bobby are great. It is a funny three minute read.

Great article! Took me a bit longer than 3 minutes though.

I couldn't help but relish the concluding paragraph (even if it probably more properly applies to Saints' fans these days):

I don’t think anybody would begrudge South a Premiership. They have the best bunch of supporters in the business and the supporters should be called the ‘Bloods’, not the players, because they have stuck to the side like blood relations. With strong supporters like that South are coming back into power.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back