Roast Rants, off-topic banter, who ignores who & what Greg Williams' relatives know

Remove this Banner Ad

Kildonian

Who are you to judge a 'rocky start'? are you that impressed with your own opinion, you think that is right?!

It might have taken you a while to formulate your response... And whilst the bias of your topic will win you fans (not credibility) I will stay true to reality, as I see it...

we are last- uncompetitive, in financial trouble and a long way off... So we are judged on the basis of that... We are in the negative on any measure.... Yet you can't cop negative opinion... A contradiction in terms...

Hopeless at footy, yes we are... Relative to the rest of the comp... A % of under 60 would suggest so.

Your hope for the future is nice... And your comforting words may make yourself or other saints supporters feel better about our current predicament... Certainly win you popularity on a supporter site.... But a bigger bunch of fluff... I have hardly read...

You need to consider validity of honest appraisal...

Me?
Well I cannot pretend we are better than are... Or sit comfortably with less than mediocrity.... Or continually search for silver linings from failure?!
I am only interested actuality and performance...

You have your holier than thou complex, due to you completely biased unwavering support and I'll be a bit more objective... And say it how I see it....

Tell you one thing? I bet you I desire success as much as you... Just hate failure more!!! It seems?

Rocky start... Haha... That's hilarious

Is there a standard of performance? How do you measure that??
Popularity? Number of warnings??
Come on man... We discuss footy... At armchair level
I'm not going to be dragged off topic into your private nightmare anymore
Please use this forum to discuss footy, not as a soapbox for your own agendas

:thumbsu::thumbsu:
Mart there's actually a good few of your posts where I pretty much agree with what you are saying. But you seem to have an awkward way of putting it forward.
Not only that, but a tendency to exaggerate something and portray it as a fact without any means of verification, and/or when presented with a stronger counter-argument, or the actual fact which might contradict your view, it's either dismissed or completely ignored.
I have had some unpopular views over the years. One of my first posts I suggested I thought maybe Jack Steven wasn't going to be a lifetime Saint. Last year I suggested there was a fair chance we'd trade Newnes and/or Saunders for a draft pick in 2014/15. Both times I got seriously shot down by the majority, but at no point did it feel like an argument, and my replies and those back to me were generally well-considered posts where examples were given, often back with stats or similar evidence. We don't need to agree but we do as an online community need to get along even if we don't agree.
Just make your points, back them up with whatever your justification is, and acknowledge if someone has a counter-view that might hold near equal merit as yours.

Overall I don't actually have any issue with any of your posts. However what bothers me is your writing style and hard-headedness seems to bring out the worst in others. A couple times recently I've taken a week out of reading the board and sought news/views elsewhere as it became difficult reading.

This board is a lot more argumentative and less informative than it used to be even 12 months ago, and I could put that down to maybe 3 or 4 users. I hope everyone can maybe try and be even 10% more effective in their use of the board, not decry others views so aggressively (or, if you must do, back it with facts) and that way everyone can be on the board together without derailling threads. I don't have the benefit of having fans local to me, or someone to chat footy with at work; this board is more or less my only resource for learning news, hearing others views both Saints and footy in general. I don't want it to become unreadable.

Well said :thumbsu:

It would be boring and very vanilla if everyone had the same view all the time. I like the fact that different people bring different views and many times make me see things in a different light. There is no need to be so argumentative between posters. State your case, make your arguments and try to bring a poster around to your view

I think also that most posters understand all too well the current situation. Yes we were last, yes we had a % of less than 60 and so on. But you have to have hope and you have to have faith that the people running the club want what we want - success and premierships.

Hindsight is always 20/20 vision. Very easy to sit and take potshots and nothing else....

I seriously wonder why you would still supposedly support a club (financially too I presume) when it so obviously causes you some much angst & you see no hope for the future.

How on earth did some supporters make it out of the 80's, mid 90's & early 000's?

I suppose there's plenty of miserable people out there that can't see the light in any way shape or form. In all seriousness they should seek some counselling before it's too late.

Unless (more likely IMO) they are just trolling & are now onto poisoning their 2nd online forum with their bitter diatribe dressed up as 'the truth'.

I'm one of the many who left SS because I was sick of this rubbish. At the risk of being carded, I would suggest that some posters should return to that happy hunting ground of whining, d1ck measuring & personal spats. You're simply not welcome.

I seriously wonder why you would still supposedly support a club (financially too I presume) when it so obviously causes you some much angst & you see no hope for the future.

How on earth did some supporters make it out of the 80's, mid 90's & early 000's?

I suppose there's plenty of miserable people out there that can't see the light in any way shape or form. In all seriousness they should seek some counselling before it's too late.

Unless (more likely IMO) they are just trolling & are now onto poisoning their 2nd online forum with their bitter diatribe dressed up as 'the truth'.

I'm one of the many who left SS because I was sick of this rubbish. At the risk of being carded, I would suggest that some posters should return to that happy hunting ground of whining, d1ck measuring & personal spats. You're simply not welcome.

I am assuming you are talking about a certain poster? Use the ignore function. You see none of the ignored posters posts or even quotes.

It is bliss. Dont feed the troll, I truly think that if some posters are not troll and truly believe wheat they post, they have a personality disorder. I dont need to sully my life by reading their psychosis thank you very much.

really enjoy Bigfooty much more after a long hiatus. The ignore function helps immeasuably in weeding out one certain troll

Kildonian

Who are you to judge a 'rocky start'? are you that impressed with your own opinion, you think that is right?!

It might have taken you a while to formulate your response... And whilst the bias of your topic will win you fans (not credibility) I will stay true to reality, as I see it...

we are last- uncompetitive, in financial trouble and a long way off... So we are judged on the basis of that... We are in the negative on any measure.... Yet you can't cop negative opinion... A contradiction in terms...

Hopeless at footy, yes we are... Relative to the rest of the comp... A % of under 60 would suggest so.

Your hope for the future is nice... And your comforting words may make yourself or other saints supporters feel better about our current predicament... Certainly win you popularity on a supporter site.... But a bigger bunch of fluff... I have hardly read...

You need to consider validity of honest appraisal...

Me?
Well I cannot pretend we are better than are... Or sit comfortably with less than mediocrity.... Or continually search for silver linings from failure?!
I am only interested actuality and performance...

You have your holier than thou complex, due to you completely biased unwavering support and I'll be a bit more objective... And say it how I see it....

Tell you one thing? I bet you I desire success as much as you... Just hate failure more!!! It seems?

Rocky start... Haha... That's hilarious

Is there a standard of performance? How do you measure that??
Popularity? Number of warnings??
Come on man... We discuss footy... At armchair level

congrats you are now on ignore

the first person i have ever ignored on here after what is it 6 years now

congrats you are now on ignore

the first person i have ever ignored on here after what is it 6 years now

Why can't you and others use an option you've always had - the ability to pick and choose what you read and respond to?

It annoys me that some posters almost seek to be offended then post all about it when they are. If you don't like someone's posts, don't read them.

Why can't you and others use an option you've always had - the ability to pick and choose what you read and respond to?

It annoys me that some posters almost seek to be offended then post all about it when they are. If you don't like someone's posts, don't read them.

But isn't that what the ignore function is for? The function on bf is great and when someone is obviously trolling and baiting with constant negativity isn't it better to take that out of the equation all together?

I dont understand why you would think it is better to have something you vehemently disagree with stinking up,a thread.

I came back to bigfooty because of posters I have on ignore constantly bickering and starting flame wars at other forums. This forum is well moderated and has much more information and much less personal garbage and trolling.

However there is one poster who used the same tactic at SS to alienate and upset posters, ran away from there and now seems to be poisoning this forum.

This is why the ignore function here is so good. The particular poster will eventually leave if nobody responds, and the best way to do this is not to even see the troll at all. If the poster was not so offensive and arrogant maybe there wouldn't be so many using the ignore function.

Make me a mod for a day and I'll fix the problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but people do not want to see or read the stuff that a particular poster spews out. why shouldn't the ignore function be used. thats what its there for.

Its much harder to not read them when stuff is blatantly in front of you and it can be difficult to not respond.

Make me a mod for a day and I'll fix the problem.

You mean the 'problem' that some posters don't like other posters? That sounds like a perfectly normal situation everywhere in life.

Remove the posters that someone doesn't like and there'd be nobody left.

You mean the 'problem' that some posters don't like other posters? That sounds like a perfectly normal situation everywhere in life.

Remove the posters that someone doesn't like and there'd be nobody left.
There seems to be a common problem from one person who happens to derail every bloody thread.
It's easy enough to tell us how to deal with the problem, but the mods should deal with it too.

why have the function then?

There seems to be a common problem from one person who happens to derail every bloody thread.
It's easy enough to tell us how to deal with the problem, but the mods should deal with it too.

I see. So posters that break no b/f rules but have contrary views to the majority should be banned? Not on my watch.

why have the function then?

You're free to use it as is everyone but there's no need to post about it. It's your private decision.

You're free to use it as is everyone but there's no need to post about it. It's your private decision.

so you are unhappy that ive used a function that the forum provides and then commented on it...you dont work for the AFL by any chance and had something to do with the COLA decision ;)

It's not about having contrary views Fred, it's the incessant whining, negative BS that was the reason why he was bullied out of SS. We've all got differing views & are happy to debate them in a reasoned manner. It's one poster's inability to say, 'yep fair enough, agree to disagree' that is causing these current discussions to occur.

We are ALL very aware of the shortcomings & failings of the club. No-one is excusing or denying it BUT the vast majority are genuinely excited about where the club is heading. It will most likely end in tears again, but I'm not going to let some anonymous misery guts bring down my excitement at what is slowly building.

So I'm going to follow Joffa's advice & hit the ignore button.

This forum is a fantastic venue for reasoned discussion, something that SS used to be until keyboard heroes totally destroyed it.

I see. So posters that break no b/f rules but have contrary views to the majority should be banned? Not on my watch.
Doesn't have to be permanently banned, but it seems a bit stupid one person can continually derail threads. I thought the mods job was to keep things on topic? Anyway I'm happy to use the ignore button as joffa & defacto have, but if you want this board to keep improving I'd prefer telling posters the rules so we can have proper discussions rather than it getting to the point where we start ignoring people.
P.s sorry for going off topic, just my opinion tho.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back