Roast Rants, off-topic banter, who ignores who & what Greg Williams' relatives know

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunstan had 20 posessions and 5 tackles but was carried?
dunstan around clearances does my head in, i have no idea it its a team move to always have him trailing his man which would be fine but he always seems to lose his man in the contest, ever since the dogs comeback game where i was extremely bullish about his game he has seemed to plato defensively

dunstan around clearances does my head in, i have no idea it its a team move to always have him trailing his man which would be fine but he always seems to lose his man in the contest, ever since the dogs comeback game where i was extremely bullish about his game he has seemed to plato defensively

great call. defensively he's definitely dropped. like wise run and spread

2nd year blues maybe?

dunstan around clearances does my head in, i have no idea it its a team move to always have him trailing his man which would be fine but he always seems to lose his man in the contest, ever seine the dogs comeback game where i was extremely bullish about his game he has seemed to plato defensively

Still had about fifteen more touches than the forum golden boy Ross.

Ross has had one good game and one good quarter in the AFL, today he was back to his normal ordinary VFL self.

In contrast Dunstan will be a star in the AFL. Has been a bit down this season, but like people bagging Roberton last year, is probably carrying an injury or needs another preseason.

Playing Dunstan off against Ross as some are doing inferring he is a pet, is really insulting to Dunstan and also to Richardson.

Really disappointed with the forums contributions tonight. Very poor and churlish posting.

probably stuff all. but it doesnt change the observation on dunstan. why are we so precious about dunstan?

Weren't you inferring that Dunstan is the pet and Ross is hard done by?

I just want to see some facts behind the inference. Dunstan has 20 posessions and 5 tackles in a well beaten midfield.

Ross got dragged before 3 qtr time.

How one can think he is hard done by is anyones guess.

Also very insulting to Richardsons character that he is consciously favouring one player over the other for selfish reasons.

Ross has had one good game and one good quarter in the AFL, today he was back to his normal ordinary VFL self.

In contrast Dunstan will be a star in the AFL. Has been a bit down this season, but like people bagging Roberton last year, is probably carrying an injury or needs another preseason.

Playing Dunstan off against Ross as some are doing inferring he is a pet, is really insulting to Dunstan and also to Richardson.

Really disappointed with the forums contributions tonight. Very poor and churlish posting.
Don't think 1 person on the Forum has been disrespectful towards Dunstan tonight, his 1st half today he 5 to 6 touches 3rd quarter was good overall his form this year hasn't been as good as last year, he does have deficiencies in his game leg speed and running in general that's a fact, but no one has slagged him, its a forum and people will have different opinions

indeed he was. will be interesting to see if he gets the dunstan treatment and kept in the side, or is thrown back quickly after being very good last week
When was Seb thrown back? To the VFL or as sub? He came in after 2-3 weeks being out injured & has been in the side since (unless my memory has been zapped after a few glasses of Church Block).

Seb will stay, they rate him & know he'll get better with more games under his belt.

I'm not sure what your point is...Dunstan has played a variety of roles & has been pretty sore...so hasn't been as effective as last year when he played more in the middle beside Lenny & Armo.

When was Seb thrown back? To the VFL or as sub? He came in after 2-3 weeks being out injured & has been in the side since (unless my memory has been zapped after a few glasses of Church Block).

Seb will stay, they rate him & know he'll get better with more games under his belt.

I'm not sure what your point is...Dunstan has played a variety of roles & has been pretty sore...so hasn't been as effective as last year when he played more in the middle beside Lenny & Armo.

ross was thrown in and out of the side last year in a similar vein of form to dunstan this year

Weren't you inferring that Dunstan is the pet and Ross is hard done by?

I just want to see some facts behind the inference. Dunstan has 20 posessions and 5 tackles in a well beaten midfield.

Ross got dragged before 3 qtr time.

How one can think he is hard done by is anyones guess.

Also very insulting to Richardsons character that he is consciously favouring one player over the other for selfish reasons.

i didnt say he was hard done by. you did!!! ross performance today was bad and simply not good enough

but go back and look at dunstans games this year. they havent been up to scratch for over a month

i dont know why you are getting so sensitive about it tbh

forum golden boy.... pls, people wanted ross gone last year

this is bewildering...

on roberton remind me again, what happened to him last year? he must have been carried in the side right? surely he wasnt dropped

Don't think 1 person on the Forum has been disrespectful towards Dunstan tonight, his 1st half today he 5 to 6 touches 3rd quarter was good overall his form this year hasn't been as good as last year, he does have deficiencies in his game leg speed and running in general that's a fact, but no one has slagged him, its a forum and people will have different opinions

defacto has inferred that Dunstan is favoured by the coaches over Ross.

I would like some evidence of this, not just insulting inferences toward Rocho for no reason.

As W2L pointed out Seb was out injured, had a couple of games in the two's, and then has been in the seniors in the last three games.

Was reserve when he played a great 4th qtr v the Dogs. Had a good game v theInjectors, and was dragged today as he was ineffective. Dont know how that is being treated badly and why infer Dunstan is some type of pet especially when his game today was quite good?

Find these character assasinations pretty poor in my view

(Log in to remove this ad.)

forum golden boy.... pls, people wanted ross gone last year

this is bewildering...

on roberton remind me again, what happened to him last year? he must have been carried in the side right? surely he wasnt dropped

Dont know, fill us in on your new conspiracy :rolleyes:

You are the bewildering one. You are inferring Dunstan is a pet and Ross is getting a hard deal. Some facts may be worthwhile

defacto has inferred that Dunstan is favoured by the coaches over Ross.

I would like some evidence of this, not just insulting inferences toward Rocho for no reason.

As W2L pointed out Seb was out injured, had a couple of games in the two's, and then has been in the seniors in the last three games.

Was reserve when he played a great 4th qtr v the Dogs. Had a good game v theInjectors, and was dragged today as he was ineffective. Dont know how that is being treated badly and why infer Dunstan is some type of pet especially when his game today was quite good?

Find these character assasinations pretty poor in my view

theres obviously a reason why dunstan is being carried through very poor patches of form, something ross wasnt afforded last year

i dont think the coaches do these things for the sake of it of for favouritism but it is very hard to understand for the supporter who doesnt know the detail

but you cant say i'm wrong that last year ross was not afford these run of games that dunstan has been given in very poor form

i dont get why you are so worked up by it

ross was thrown in and out of the side last year in a similar vein of form to dunstan this year

Rubbish Ross was near on useless last year. Could not chase or spread. Was cooked by halftime.

Got a preseason and unluckily tore a hammy badly.

His games in the AFL since back from injury have been much better than last year, but Dunstan has been nowhere near as ineffective as Ross last season.

The thing I find astounding is that you want to compare tow completely different seasons and what the coaches want from the list.

Thisis really worrisome if you think that this is the case. You have no facts to back up your terrible inferences, and it sounds like you just want to pot both Dunstan and Richardson for some obscure weird reason.

Personally I dont think Ross is AFL standard. Hope he proves me wrong and I was happy to see his game against the Dogs and Essendpn, but today he was totally ineffective and was completely outclassed by the GWS midfield.

His workrate was extremely poor today and he deserved to be dragged.

theres obviously a reason why dunstan is being carried through very poor patches of form, something ross wasnt afforded last year

i dont think the coaches do these things for the sake of it of for favouritism but it is very hard to understand for the supporter who doesnt know the detail

but you cant say i'm wrong that last year ross was not afford these run of games that dunstan has been given in very poor form

Simple. Dunstan will be a star, and has class. Ross will probably wont make it because he simply is not up to it.

I was having a look at Ross's disposals in the VFL last season...Had a number of +30 games. Dunstan for whatever reason has had a better run of games in the seniors. Perhaps they like his on-field leadership or he's playing his role better. One things for sure tho he's been down a bit this year. He looks like he's playing with a few niggles But he was back to some pretty decent form today.

i didnt say he was hard done by. you did!!! ross performance today was bad and simply not good enough

but go back and look at dunstans games this year. they havent been up to scratch for over a month

i dont know why you are getting so sensitive about it tbh

Obviously you have trouble reading. You inferred Dunstans was getting a free ride and Ross wasn't.

I find these petty inferences really poor form especially when there is no evidence at all for it.

Also Dunstan will be a star and Ross is just an AFL player who really needs to improve considerably.

Dunstan is such a superior player to Ross. Inferences that he is being favoured is really low in my opinion, especially when there is no evidence he is AND especially when compared to Ross.

For me, Dunstan has runs on the board as a quality AFL player, Ross doesn't yet.

Rubbish Ross was near on useless last year. Could not chase or spread. Was cooked by halftime.

Got a preseason and unluckily tore a hammy badly.

His games in the AFL since back from injury have been much better than last year, but Dunstan has been nowhere near as ineffective as Ross last season.

The thing I find astounding is that you want to compare tow completely different seasons and what the coaches want from the list.

Thisis really worrisome if you think that this is the case. You have no facts to back up your terrible inferences, and it sounds like you just want to pot both Dunstan and Richardson for some obscure weird reason.

Personally I dont think Ross is AFL standard. Hope he proves me wrong and I was happy to see his game against the Dogs and Essendpn, but today he was totally ineffective and was completely outclassed by the GWS midfield.

His workrate was extremely poor today and he deserved to be dragged.

wow. so you've spent the last two pages worked up over people speaking negatively about dunstan and now you've described ross as "rubbish ross" "near on useless" "not AFL standard"

the reality is theres not much difference between their numbers. dunstan was always more ready made than ross. ross was always going to be a slower developer

but will more than likely be very good footballers for our club. its not a choice. you dont have to pick 1 and delist 1. you dont have to pick a side here

my point was ross for what ever reason was dropped off the back of poor performances and did decent stints in the VFL. dunstan has managed to stay in the side regardless of form. my hope is ross isnt sent straight back to the VFL and is given the chance, like dunstan to re-establish his form or i hope the same call is made on dunstan when his form drops

Obviously you have trouble reading. You inferred Dunstans was getting a free ride and Ross wasn't.

I find these petty inferences really poor form especially when there is no evidence at all for it.

Also Dunstan will be a star and Ross is just an AFL player who really needs to improve considerably.

Dunstan is such a superior player to Ross. Inferences that he is being favoured is really low in my opinion, especially when there is no evidence he is AND especially when compared to Ross.
I really hope so, but not as confident on that as I was this time last year

wow. so you've spent the last two pages worked up over people speaking negatively about dunstan and now you've described ross as "rubbish ross" "near on useless" "not AFL standard"

the reality is theres not much difference between their numbers. dunstan was always more ready made than ross. ross was always going to be a slower developer

but will more than likely be very good footballers for our club. its not a choice. you dont have to pick 1 and delist 1. you dont have to pick a side here

my point was ross for what ever reason was dropped off the back of poor performances and did decent stints in the VFL. dunstan has managed to stay in the side regardless of form. my hope is ross isnt sent straight back to the VFL and is given the chance, like dunstan to re-establish his form or i hope the same call is made on dunstan when his form drops
'conspiracy' haha.

I think every players development has to be looked at individually. Different players flaws will need different responses to fix. Ross might benefit more from spending time in the VFL while Dunstan's flaws might be able to be worked on while playing AFL. There's no one size fits all solution imo.

IMO Dunstan's drop off has been exaggerated. His numbers are very similar except that he's lost 2 uncontested possessions per game this year. IMO this lends credibility to the '2nd year blues' theory where the jump up in workload causes a player to tire in their 2nd year before they see a jump in performance in their 3rd. I also think Dunstan might be getting some more specific roles this year that require him to focus on other elements of his game that aren't getting the ball (but this is just a hunch).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back