Preview Rd: 6 - Dogs @ Saints, Marvel Stadium, 7:30pm Thursday 18 April

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez it would be a shame if we only had one unforced change after last weeks debacle.
I’m ok with that. Both inclusions have earned their spot.

Put it to the rest of the 23 that the performance against Essendon was unacceptable. Show them where they didn't measure up and tell them that's the standard they have to meet or beat against St Kilda.

I’m confident they’ll bounce back with a much better performance against St Kilda. A few would also realise they are on the brink - Dale, Gallagher, Sanders, Williams.

However if there's another poor performance and some of the VFL players put in strong games again we should see some bigger changes next week. Libba has to come back anyway. My guess is Harmes and Garcia would be given at least two games in the seniors so he wouldn't replace either of them. Maybe Gallagher or Dale?

Have been told

In -Garcia, Harmes
Out- Libba, Baker
I seriously would have dropped English and brought in Lobb after last week.
If you really want to send a message ...

Freijah and Buss impressed more in the backline as well for me,

CD started slow then racked up cheapies that didn't do much
I really feel like we drafted Buss as an interceptor but he plays like an old school FB. Really seems suited to that last line. I hope we can sign him as he'll develop into an obvious Jones replacement.

I really feel like we drafted Buss as an interceptor but he plays like an old school FB. Really seems suited to that last line. I hope we can sign him as he'll develop into an obvious Jones replacement.
What I liked most was how he'd follow up and run past for a handball and hit the target fantastic sign for someone of his size

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never saw it with him until last week. He was superb and took some strong contested marks.

Let's hope he builds on this because it'll go a hell of a long way towards our inevitable rebuild.

Imo poulter's foot skills aren't as bad as what's made out. He does have a few howlers but I rate him higher than Baker.
With some great defensive efforts too. Had that goal saving touch against GC and something similar on Friday. His speed, height and tackling pressure puts him ahead of Baker for mine, but seems a lot of fans and match committee disagree. Thought he did quite well at the back end of last year. But not a world beater by any means.

With some great defensive efforts too. Had that goal saving touch against GC and something similar on Friday. His speed, height and tackling pressure puts him ahead of Baker for mine, but seems a lot of fans and match committee disagree. Thought he did quite well at the back end of last year. But not a world beater by any means.
They're both not good enough and were both delisted for a reason

They're both not good enough and were both delisted for a reason
Agreed, but we’re hardly teeming with options in that area of the ground. In a vacuum I’m still giving minutes to the 21 year old, with what I’d consider more valuable traits.

Agreed, but we’re hardly teeming with options in that area of the ground. In a vacuum I’m still giving minutes to the 21 year old, with what I’d consider more valuable traits.
I'd rather we tried a Dale type there who has all the attributes needed and fallen out of form with where he is then 2 guys everyone knows won't make it

I'd rather we tried a Dale type there who has all the attributes needed and fallen out of form with where he is then 2 guys everyone knows won't make it
The original post was directly comparing Baker and Poulter. Obviously Dale is a better player and I think most of us would like to see him pushed up to a wing. Bevo clearly doesn’t feel the same way unfortunately.

The original post was directly comparing Baker and Poulter. Obviously Dale is a better player and I think most of us would like to see him pushed up to a wing. Bevo clearly doesn’t feel the same way unfortunately.
I get that but for me it's the same as comparing McComb or McNeil last year when the reality is both have shown they aren't going to make the level don't pretend they will

For Dale to the wing, he played a lot there sat the start of his career and wasn't any good there , doesn't mean he couldn't play there no,

I reckon he should play off the bench and rotate forward wing half back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back