Preview Rd 6 Geelong V Brisbane Sat April 20 720 pm @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've been there once, and that was for the Ian Healy tribute match which was more than a few years ago

Curious to see what the atmosphere of a footy match is like in a non-traditional footy state
Living in Sydney, it's not great, but I suppose it depends on what you are into.

Brisbane & Sydney treat the footy like much more of a 'night out' than the rest of the country. It's very much the casual footy fans dream.

Lots of music, dancing, and a bunch of people who don't know the rules. It's okay for a while and has a time and a place, but it can get old, particularly in the more serious matches.

I think we win this week. I am assuming Cameron does not get off. Hipwood rarely plays 2 good games in a row. Neale is carrying an ankle. Brisbane's tall defenders are good but if our talls keep them honest and bring it to ground. I think our small forwards could have a night out.

Ins: Dangerfield, Hawkins, Kolo
Out: Clark, Neale, COS

I think we win this week. I am assuming Cameron does not get off. Hipwood rarely plays 2 good games in a row. Neale is carrying an ankle. Brisbane's tall defenders are good but if our talls keep them honest and bring it to ground. I think our small forwards could have a night out.

Ins: Dangerfield, Hawkins, Kolo
Out: Clark, Neale, COS

It's really only Harris Andrews isn't it?

Stanley has been very solid since returning. I would only rest him if he's carrying a niggle.

At this stage, Stanley has the better tank to go 4 quarters against Brisbane.

This is a huge game, need our best team.

I could see Conway coming in for the Calrton game v Pittonet in two weeks.

They are gonna play him in at least a handful of games for sure so Pittonet would be a good guy to go up against.

We got the Dees and Gawn after that so either this week or next look the best option for Conway.

I could see Conway coming in for the Calrton game v Pittonet in two weeks.

They are gonna play him in at least a handful of games for sure so Pittonet would be a good guy to go up against.

We got the Dees and Gawn after that so either this week or next look the best option for Conway.

Pittonet has played 1 game this season - Tom DK has been their preferred #1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cameron is on 598 career goals.
To compare him to Hawkins. Tom kicked 600 in the 2020 SF v Collingwood in game 272 at the age of 32y82d.

Jeremy is going into game 233 and is a year younger than Hawkins at the same career point.

Living in Sydney, it's not great, but I suppose it depends on what you are into.

Brisbane & Sydney treat the footy like much more of a 'night out' than the rest of the country. It's very much the casual footy fans dream.

Lots of music, dancing, and a bunch of people who don't know the rules. It's okay for a while and has a time and a place, but it can get old, particularly in the more serious matches.
SCG for a cats vs swans game is usually a great atmosphere.

It is a bit different, but I have always thought the scg is really underrated for watching footy.

SCG for a cats vs swans game is usually a great atmosphere.

It is a bit different, but I have always thought the scg is really underrated for watching footy.
King's Birthday long weekend this year. So making my first trip to Sydney to see us play.

I rate Jack Payne - he is a mountain of a man and Darcy Gardner is one of those äwkward types" that manages to fall awkwardly (all the time) and often hurt an opposition player
Payne is a decent stopper, but doesn’t offer much else. He is kind of like Kolo.

And I mean that as a compliment.

Gardiner is playing forward these days.

I've been there once, and that was for the Ian Healy tribute match which was more than a few years ago

Curious to see what the atmosphere of a footy match is like in a non-traditional footy state

I went to the game last year. It's a bit of a weird vibe. 50% rusted-ons. 50% gawking rugby locals or away fans. A lot of RM Williams and Shearing boots in the footwear department. Gabba isn't at Subi Oval levels of stuck in the past yet but it's certainly in the post.

Like someone else said it was a weird and shitty game. Never led once, only got to within 9 points and that was late. There was a bit of the blow to the atmosphere and that was because of the knee injury to Ashcroft.

Still, German club was great and the scooter ride from the main part of the city on a glorious sunny day after a couple of pints of Powers was great.

Had this down as a definite loss but I did with the Adelaide game too. Certainly will be a good yardstick to see where we're at.

King's Birthday long weekend this year. So making my first trip to Sydney to see us play.
Should be a cracker.

Pity it is a day game, night games at scg are usually better, but this will still be great. Stop in for a feed and drink in Surry hills on the way home. Good times

I'll be there... and it's ridiculous how much another seat would cost. Even the cheapest bring a mate seats are $60... or, I should say, were. They're all sold out now.

Anyway, Hawkins will come in for Neale. PFD will probably come in for Clark or O'Sullivan, someone like Tuohy or Bowes will start as the sub. I think that's reasonably straightforward.

Edit: I forgot Kolo. OK, that's PDF, Hawk and Kolo in for Clark, Neale and O'Sullivan.

At the start of the year, I had this one chalked up as "would be nice" rather than a 50-50, given the Gabba factor. That's still where I sit.
I would also take Tuohy out and add Mannagh on top of this but I don't think Scott can do it.

Cameron is on 598 career goals.
To compare him to Hawkins. Tom kicked 600 in the 2020 SF v Collingwood in game 272 at the age of 32y82d.

Jeremy is going into game 233 and is a year younger than Hawkins at the same career point.

That SF vs Collingwood was at the GABBA too, and we won by 11 goals. Could that be an omen? ;)

Yeah, and the Dog's midfield mauled us, and the Cats nearly lost the game. It was only our turnover/transition game that got us over the line. Not our stoppage work.
I will say that we applied a ton of defensive pressure to the oppo mids and that was extremely helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back