Prediction Rd 8 Changes v Tigs Away

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel sorry for Voss but would have been too tall in attack if he played.

Gee would want to be sure about Draper's Hamstring following last night's failed attempt to play Rozee

Voss misses out this time, and youre right..a damn shame. But looking at that list I can see why.

I gather that in Rozee’s case it was the player himself that made the call on his fitness to play.
It’s to be hoped that Freo don’t rely on such unreliable sources for such decisions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More annoyed they will make Simpson a sub. Hopefully he has a killer game and forces JLo's hand at selection.
I’m as bullish on Simpson as anyone but I actually think it’s the right call at this stage of his career.

Realistically he’s competing with Walters, Freddy & to an extent Emmett& even Johnson/O’Meara a starting position.

Freddy & until recently Walters are walk up starts. Walters started to find touch against the Dogs, had quite handy stats in assists & his experience & craft gets him over the line to start in a big game at the G.

Simpson is probably not in consideration yet for the wing/inside role yet and both MJ & JOM played solid if unspectacular games last week.

So for me the selection to start is between him & Emmett. Brute force V finesse. Emmett has shown he can find the ball, break tackles, tackle & smother like a madman and does create chances for others.

Simpson showed in the last Q he can find space & be clinical in his delivery. He setup Voss (who missed a pretty regulation set shot) & Banfield who finished & arguably either or both of those were the match right there.

I reckon those big holes to run into that Simpson exploited are more likely to be there later in the match as players tire while Emmett is going to be of more use bullocking in the tight clinches early.

Barring injury I’d say whoever is having the least impact from MJ, JOM & Emmett will get dragged for CS hopefully not too late, he deserves at least a full quarter. His fresh legs & pace are the perfect weapon as a sub.

I think this is very close to our best 22. Obviously Cox starts over Draper & someone gives way for Switta. Unfortunately that’s probably CS as they’re similar in what they bring but hopefully CS makes himself undroppable and then if Walters is still holding his end up it’s going to get very tricky for Emmett, JOM.

Voss is only one month older than Amiss, he has a lot of time.
Damn that’s good to hear. Voss is a wrecking ball. He’s got the right stuff if he can develop his contested marking he’s a weapon. His football IQ & skills are a bit unknown but like Emmett he’s never going to lack effort or intent.

Treacy’s marking coming on has been one of the highlights of the year. If Voss can follow a similar trajectory we’ve got real depth in the talls now.

Just another elite winger & small forward & we’re close to set. I think Simpson is eventually going to be the super pacey breakaway midfielder we need.

I’m as bullish on Simpson as anyone but I actually think it’s the right call at this stage of his career.

Realistically he’s competing with Walters, Freddy & to an extent Emmett& even Johnson/O’Meara a starting position.

Freddy & until recently Walters are walk up starts. Walters started to find touch against the Dogs, had quite handy stats in assists & his experience & craft gets him over the line to start in a big game at the G.

Simpson is probably not in consideration yet for the wing/inside role yet and both MJ & JOM played solid if unspectacular games last week.

So for me the selection to start is between him & Emmett. Brute force V finesse. Emmett has shown he can find the ball, break tackles, tackle & smother like a madman and does create chances for others.

Simpson showed in the last Q he can find space & be clinical in his delivery. He setup Voss (who missed a pretty regulation set shot) & Banfield who finished & arguably either or both of those were the match right there.

I reckon those big holes to run into that Simpson exploited are more likely to be there later in the match as players tire while Emmett is going to be of more use bullocking in the tight clinches early.

Barring injury I’d say whoever is having the least impact from MJ, JOM & Emmett will get dragged for CS hopefully not too late, he deserves at least a full quarter. His fresh legs & pace are the perfect weapon as a sub.

I think this is very close to our best 22. Obviously Cox starts over Draper & someone gives way for Switta. Unfortunately that’s probably CS as they’re similar in what they bring but hopefully CS makes himself undroppable and then if Walters is still holding his end up it’s going to get very tricky for Emmett, JOM.
Great write up, and you’re spot on in that Simpson coming on fresh while everyone else is tired is perfect for him to display his strengths of line breaking speed and good delivery inside 50. Hopefully we’re a good margin in front and we can rest Fyfe, give Johnson a full quarter in the guts and Cooper can play the HHF/wing role.

This is why Freo just can't afford to just develop talent and then let them leave for draft picks.
We have been rebuilding since 2016 ffs and we still have the majority of our playing group with less than 50 games.

There would not be too many teams with the same list demographic and contending for premierships (either now or historically) and this is why it is bloody important that if we lose someone like Switta at the end of the year - we replace that person with someone with more experience. (Baker). We have the nucleus of the team in place - let's just get games into them and trade in experience from now on.

Other than the RTB era that's always been a Freo issue though because we're not a destination club so if someone leaves bringing in picks is the best option. We either bring in big name mercenaries (Tarrant, Croad, etc) or role players (Aish, Acres, Matt Carr, etc).

Feel sorry for Voss but would have been too tall in attack if he played.

Gee would want to be sure about Draper's Hamstring following last night's failed attempt to play Rozee

That's a fair point, 5 day break next week before a tall Swans line up so we'll need Draper. Wouldn't be surprised to see a late change for Hughes.

I agree, would have left Fyfe out this week with soreness.
From what I've heard he's confident in his body for the first time in a while. The club and himself probably want to keep building that until either he or the club see a genuine reason otherwise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back