RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey IMS must be having a blonde moment , but are you now associated with the redbacks i thought you were a Die hard Kangaroo!!!

yeah what is the protocol with that? life member at the kangas, but now his job is to disect the kangas line up and plan their demise:D
Maybe u picked the wrong year to jump off the bandwagon:eek:

And yes i lied earlier. James is playing at the Kangas

:confused:
Why is that, if he is not happy or the club has done the wrong thing, why not leave to go somewhere to enjoy yourself with a good mate.
Yes all the boys at Kilmore will be shattered to have him leave but i'm sure most would understand, if it is for the right reasons.
Good luck to him and anybody else that might change their minds. I'm sure Sunbury would love to have him back, that is if he would want to.
Fair to say anyone who changes his mind at this time of year probably wasn't in it for the right reasons. Clubs would have to have a good look at the type of playing culture they are creating by recruiting these types of players. Just my opinion but leaving after an entire pre season doesn't or wouldn't sit well with most clubs players.

yeah what is the protocol with that? life member at the kangas, but now his job is to disect the kangas line up and plan their demise:D

Does that mean jayco is going to Sunbury as well Mongrel?

Does that mean jayco is going to Sunbury as well Mongrel?

I WISH. I certainly couldnt see him staying on at Kilmore after whats taken place. everyone will have their own opinions on this matter, but i definately wouldnt resign from my first coaching job due to lack of support and then stay on and play. But thats me. Dont forget jayco went to Kilmore due to a lot of encouragement from Jamesey. I know clubs would be swarming all over jayco at the moment, including the kangas. But i would not have the faintest idea what his plans are

Last I checked, the main reason we play footy is for that elusive premiership and players and clubs alike would do anything to get one. If you're lucky enough to get one I'm sure the lust continues and you chase a second, third, as many as you can get. Along the way you will have wins and loss, club backing and disagreements, pay cuts and rises, make friends and enemies. In the end your real mates wont give rats ass where you play and will still have a beer with you after the game. The same way we can throw a cheap one in a pack, and bag the crap out of each other on the field and still share a cold one after the siren.

As well as being footy players, we are also just people and people make mistakes. Only time will tell who really made a mistake this year. BRING ON ROUND 1, shaping up to be an absolute cracker.

Mongrel, is that TRUE Aaron James will line up with the Kanga's in 2011 ?

Also heard a little rumour that a certain club in the rdfl has approached cam Dawson for the 2012 season. Anyone else heard this? I personally don't blame them either because he is definately one of the young stars in the league

I WISH. I certainly couldnt see him staying on at Kilmore after whats taken place. everyone will have their own opinions on this matter, but i definately wouldnt resign from my first coaching job due to lack of support and then stay on and play. But thats me. Dont forget jayco went to Kilmore due to a lot of encouragement from Jamesey. I know clubs would be swarming all over jayco at the moment, including the kangas. But i would not have the faintest idea what his plans are
Mate, I had a couple of players in mind from the Kanga's that i was going to try and recruit to Gissy for this season, but i think i might try and poach your finance guy instead !

How do you guys do it ?

I reckon the top few RDFL teams would spend as much as anyone in the Bendigo League these days, apart from maybe Golden Square and Eaglehawk

Lol... I didn't jump off any bandwagon.. Have said it before and will say it again.. I am a life member at the Kangas and love the club whole heartedly, and I wish them all the best for 2011, I just hope that they finish 2nd to Romsey :D

I have been involved with the Kangaroos for a long time and love all the guys at the club, but Dean has his coaching team and has a very solid set up, Peddo called and asked if I would like to assist him in 2011 and with no foreseeable options at the Kangaroos I was more than happy to take him up on the offer.. I love the RDFL, and am looking forward to a new challenge in a new environment and of course trying to "pick apart" the Kangaroos and all other opposition clubs :cool:

Mate, I had a couple of players in mind from the Kanga's that i was going to try and recruit to Gissy for this season, but i think i might try and poach your finance guy instead !

How do you guys do it ?

I reckon the top few RDFL teams would spend as much as anyone in the Bendigo League these days, apart from maybe Golden Square and Eaglehawk

Because locals turn up & support their clubs in this comp'. Because sponsors get behind their local footy clubs in the rdfl because they can see that the clubs are relevant to the area in which they play.

Looks like you will still have to do some late recruiting BB after season ending injuries to Belcher (broken hand) and O"Rieley (busted collarbone) ? Bet that puts a dint in the side before the season even starts ?

Because locals turn up & support their clubs in this comp'. Because sponsors get behind their local footy clubs in the rdfl because they can see that the clubs are relevant to the area in which they play.

Looks like you will still have to do some late recruiting BB after season ending injuries to Belcher (broken hand) and O"Rieley (busted collarbone) ? Bet that puts a dint in the side before the season even starts ?
Yep, i guess it does :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol... I didn't jump off any bandwagon.. Have said it before and will say it again.. I am a life member at the Kangas and love the club whole heartedly, and I wish them all the best for 2011, I just hope that they finish 2nd to Romsey :D

I have been involved with the Kangaroos for a long time and love all the guys at the club, but Dean has his coaching team and has a very solid set up, Peddo called and asked if I would like to assist him in 2011 and with no foreseeable options at the Kangaroos I was more than happy to take him up on the offer.. I love the RDFL, and am looking forward to a new challenge in a new environment and of course trying to "pick apart" the Kangaroos and all other opposition clubs :cool:

well mate your the first life member i have ever met that would want the club that awarded them life membership to come second:confused::confused::confused: i know you have gone to a new club and you have to want your team to win but as it is worded LIFE i would find it difficult myself to be at another club in the same league hoping the team im a life member at to want them to come second but thats just my thought on it.. good luck to you ims im sure you will do a great job at romsey.. ps i hope your side comes second to kangas:D:D:D

im not 100% sure on this matter but after talking about life membership i was wondering if anyone could tell me their clubs criterior on life membership i know at macedon in their 100 odd year history they dont seem to have over a lot and i dont believe thats a bad thing but it just has me thinking do all clubs have a certain games they have to play at the club?? certain years?? ect ect???

im not 100% sure on this matter but after talking about life membership i was wondering if anyone could tell me their clubs criterior on life membership i know at macedon in their 100 odd year history they dont seem to have over a lot and i dont believe thats a bad thing but it just has me thinking do all clubs have a certain games they have to play at the club?? certain years?? ect ect???

Funny thing, "Life Memberships" pal. Those that get em think they well & truly deserve them & 'No one else has done as much for the club as they have" ! When in actual fact, because (generally) there is NO criteria as such in place set down for these sort of things. Just OPINION !
The way (I believe) in most clubs constitutions it is supposed to happen pal, is - A person is nominated at the Pre-annual committee meeting for this award. This is then put on the agenda (made public by sending a copy to each financial member of the club, or gazetted) to be voted on by all the clubs members (those that turn up anyway !) at the following Clubs Annual General Meeting. In effect mate, as little as 4 people (a quorum) can put a persons name forward for life membership at a pre-annual committee meeting. Of course any member has the right to speak against said nomination/s at the AGM. But I have never heard of ANYONE ANYWHERE with the balls to get up & publically pooh pooh one of these, once the wheels have been put in motion, thats for sure !
Look, in essence most of these do go to those that deserve them. But sometimes, just sometimes an "eyebrow raiser" slips through............. Most clubs have em !!! :eek::eek:
I would have thought that it would be a no brainer to have a set in stone criteria for these sort of things these days, like the AFL clubs have. Ten years service or 200 games, then automatic Life Membership.
No ambiguity, no OPINIONS, no cronyism...... & NO PROBLEMS. :thumbsu:

gents i was just taking a peek at the incoming and outgoing clearences for all the rdfl clubs and i have devised MY ladder predictions in accordance to them!!!!!!

1. Riddells Creek
2. Romsey
3. Diggers Rest
4. kilmore
5. Sunbury
6. Macedon
7. Wallan
8. Woodend
9. Broadford
10. Lancefield
11. Melton

1. Sunbury
2. Romsey
3. Riddell
4. Diggers Rest
5. Macedon
6. Kilmore
7. Wallan
8. Woodend
9. Rockbank
10. Centrals
11. Broadford
12. Lancefield

Word around town is the Gordon brothers definitely wont recieve clearance to Kilmore......
Apparently the committee at APW are sticking to their guns and would rather see them sit the year out as a consequence of not honouring their contracts.....:(
Not good for the 2 blues (especially after losing Jamesy and the whole Jayco debacle!)

well mate your the first life member i have ever met that would want the club that awarded them life membership to come second:confused::confused::confused: i know you have gone to a new club and you have to want your team to win but as it is worded LIFE i would find it difficult myself to be at another club in the same league hoping the team im a life member at to want them to come second but thats just my thought on it.. good luck to you ims im sure you will do a great job at romsey.. ps i hope your side comes second to kangas:D:D:D

Might be the first you have ever met but I can guarantee I am not the first one that has ever received a life membership and then moved on to another club, there would be several coaches/players in local leagues that have done so...
No doubt, that if the Redbacks don't win it, I will be cheering the Kangas on from the sidelines and personally hope it is a Redbacks/Kangas GF.. What a day that would be!!! :thumbsu:

1. Sunbury
2. Romsey
3. Riddell
4. Diggers Rest
5. Macedon
6. Woodend
7. Wallan
8. Broadford
9. Centrals
10. Rockbank
11. Lancefield
12. Kilmore

1. Sunbury
  2. Riddell
  3. Diggers Rest
  4. Romsey
  5. Macedon
  6. Rockbank
  7. Wallan
  8. Woodend/Hesket
  9. :eek:
:eek:GEE WIZZ, 4th for Romsey. With the list they have id suggest that a few heads would roll at seasons end if thats the best they could achieve

Brave man to suggest Riddell wouldnt be the yardstick

1. Sunbury
  2. Riddell
  3. Diggers Rest
  4. Romsey
  5. Macedon
  6. Rockbank
  7. Wallan
  8. Woodend/Hesket
  9. :eek:
:eek:GEE WIZZ, 4th for Romsey. With the list they have id suggest that a few heads would roll at seasons end if thats the best they could achieve

Brave man to suggest Riddell wouldnt be the yardstick

Had to make an amendment....

1. Sunbury - Best list in the comp, so many options, tough to beat, clear fav's

Daylight

2. Riddell - Perennial yardstick, lost some height which will make it tough to compete with the Kangas
3. Diggers - Recruited depth, very important for the Burra
4. Romsey - Building toward a solid list with good people and talent, set up year.
5. Macedon - Been quiet, but will be right up there again.
6. Rockbank - Might be the year for the Bankers to sneak into finals again.
7. Wallan - Some returning, Robbo and Collis are good gets.
8. Woodend/Hesket - Young, will give several sides a shake, look for a lot of run and gun.
9. Kilmore - The news of the last couple of days means tough times ahead.
10. Centrals - Greenshields one of the best local level coaches I have heard, will get a bit out of the boys
11. Broadford - Will improve and be very competitive
12. Lancefield - Too many losses, going to be a tough year, but hopefully we will see some good kids come through.

Had to make an amendment....

1. Sunbury - Best list in the comp, so many options, tough to beat, clear fav's

Daylight

2. Riddell - Perennial yardstick, lost some height which will make it tough to compete with the Kangas
3. Diggers - Recruited depth, very important for the Burra
4. Romsey - Building toward a solid list with good people and talent, set up year.
5. Macedon - Been quiet, but will be right up there again.
6. Rockbank - Might be the year for the Bankers to sneak into finals again.
7. Wallan - Some returning, Robbo and Collis are good gets.
8. Woodend/Hesket - Young, will give several sides a shake, look for a lot of run and gun.
9. Kilmore - The news of the last couple of days means tough times ahead.
10. Centrals - Greenshields one of the best local level coaches I have heard, will get a bit out of the boys
11. Broadford - Will improve and be very competitive
12. Lancefield - Too many losses, going to be a tough year, but hopefully we will see some good kids come through.

Didnt Riddell pump Sunbury last year, must be a 100 point turnaround between those two teams if theres daylight between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back