Banter RDT 173 - Stupid Americans think wrestling is real

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awkward Oh No GIF by CBC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From The Chaser (officially, and not Charles Firth's savagery so hence it is more diplomatic towards Lizzie):

Dear followers,
It is with great sadness that we write to you on this dark day for our nation. I think we will always remember the place we were when we heard the terrible, heart wrenching news that Charles is now officially King.

We understand that it will be a time of great struggle for many in the coming days, not least because of how many more thinkpieces by Peter Fitsimons we will have to endure. But rather than dwelling on the sorrow of losing the Queen, perhaps we should all take a moment to reflect on fonder memories of her reign, like how it helped us avoid having to put up with the insufferable Turnbull would have been if he became President.

It is hard to deny that the Queen has been one of the most beloved leaders we have seen in our lifetime. But given the competition is the likes of Scott Morrison, Trump, and Liz Truss, that probably isn't saying a whole lot.

It is important to remember though, she was not only a Queen, she was also a mother, and our thoughts are with all her descendants at this difficult time. And Prince Harry.

Its fair to say The Queen's reign wasn't always smooth. From the death of Diana, to the Dismissal, to the time her son accidentally trafficked teenagers across international borders for sex crimes and then had to be bailed out using millions in royal funds, the Queen has certainly has had her difficult days. But through it all, she remained a steady rock for the commemorative plate industry to rely on, and for that I think we can all be thankful.

And so it is we say farewell to Her Royal Highness, Queen Elizabeth II, defender of the faith, head of the Commonwealth, and the only world leader that didn't make you want to vomit on sight. May God rest her soul, and may God save all of us left to put up with her son.

The Chaser

Nope. Didn't know you could digitally. I thought Foxtel only had the satellite streaming rights to the UFC, or something along those lines.

Hmmmm, will have to look more into it. However unlikely I'd love to see Diaz smash Khazmat's face in.

I've worked about a dozen Sunday morning UFC shifts in a pub before - they're not something I'd be around by choice.

Will work something out.

Varsity usually show the fight if that's more your pace. Good beers. Hopefully a better crowd.

And yeah for $55 you want some mates coming around to chip in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back