Recruitment and Preseason 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

1Rumour, maybe it might be time to look within instead of pointing blame elsewhere. Some of your points appear valid on the surface, but most know theres more to it than that.

Well why dont you tell us then what the issues are? Clearly there are issues at Woori this year as not to much positive info has come from there.

Thomas Stubley (BELGRAVE) must be the most over-rated/over paid player in the YVMFL. A figure was confirmed by the former Scoresby reserves player to be upward of 700. I cannot believe someone would fork out that amount of money to watch, a wingman at best, prance around the football field. When he is not gathering loose ball gets he is off the ground with a headache. Belgrave will be kicking themselves when they realise what they have done. If Stubley was half a man, he would repay the club his total match payments. This is a disgace.

Thomas Stubley (BELGRAVE) must be the most over-rated/over paid player in the YVMFL. A figure was confirmed by the former Scoresby reserves player to be upward of 700. I cannot believe someone would fork out that amount of money to watch, a wingman at best, prance around the football field. When he is not gathering loose ball gets he is off the ground with a headache. Belgrave will be kicking themselves when they realise what they have done. If Stubley was half a man, he would repay the club his total match payments. This is a disgace.
A player is only worth what a club is prepared to pay for him, so before you go bagging the player it's not his fault Belgrave were willing to pay that so build a bridge and get over it!!

Wouldnt be any blokes gettin that sort of coin in second divy unless they were a coach...

Does anyone know any truth to the rumour that the Woori players that are trying out down at VFL level, have nominated Lilydale as their home club and not Woori Yallock?

Does anyone know any truth to the rumour that the Woori players that are trying out down at VFL level, have nominated Lilydale as their home club and not Woori Yallock?

Have been told that Robbie Allen is nominating Lilydale as his home club. Im sure you have to put in a clearance to do this also.

Few at Woori arent happy at the moment as they believe there players are being targeted.

any news coming outta powelltown about rocky collins, i herd he was training dwn at collingwood but wasnt gonna cut the mustard, hes a very good footballer and id say hed be on good coin if he stays at powelly...last years b&f winner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be more to do with league admin. than the club. I know one example of a player who had trouble getting the permit through to play when they didnt get a VFL game so ended up transferring to the EFL. Not sure if it has improved though.

Have been told that Robbie Allen is nominating Lilydale as his home club. Im sure you have to put in a clearance to do this also.

Few at Woori arent happy at the moment as they believe there players are being targeted.
woori can sook all they want. just because blokes are targeted doesn't mean they all walk. seems like blokes cant get out of the joint quick enough. dont know that i have ever seen a reigning premier encounter more departures in an off season. has to be more to this....

woori can sook all they want. just because blokes are targeted doesn't mean they all walk. seems like blokes cant get out of the joint quick enough. dont know that i have ever seen a reigning premier encounter more departures in an off season. has to be more to this....

Where were you when Silvans ship sunk?:rolleyes:

any news coming outta powelltown about rocky collins, i herd he was training dwn at collingwood but wasnt gonna cut the mustard, hes a very good footballer and id say hed be on good coin if he stays at powelly...last years b&f winner

Very similar to the Woori boys. Is having a crack at a better standard and the stronger clubs are not that keen on players nominating a club in much lower standard division. I think you will find Rocky will be playing for another club in a stronger league.

Where were you when Silvans ship sunk?:rolleyes:
they're the other ones that came to mind but at least a couple of them stuck around for 5 or so games (not great but something) and they had well publicised issues with money. nothing like that coming out of woori. all these blokes were either out before or just after xmas and the remainder sound like they wont be there come the 16th of april.

they're the other ones that came to mind but at least a couple of them stuck around for 5 or so games (not great but something) and they had well publicised issues with money. nothing like that coming out of woori. all these blokes were either out before or just after xmas and the remainder sound like they wont be there come the 16th of april.

Sounds like your hoping more than anything!

You are on drugs Charlie,i have'nt heard 1 word of woori sooking about other clubs poaching players ,also i have'nt read anything on the forum. And the big exit of players you talk about ,i see 3 seniors players [Mitch Bonuda,Mathew Stolarczyk & Mathew Wright] are gone with 3 other players gone to VFL level. And these players got to Box Hill and Casey throu Monkey and all will be back at Woori when not at there vfl clubs. And the rumour of Dallas Spencer and Michael King are off to Yarra Junction are just that because both are training at woori.

You are on drugs Charlie,i have'nt heard 1 word of woori sooking about other clubs poaching players ,also i have'nt read anything on the forum. And the big exit of players you talk about ,i see 3 seniors players [Mitch Bonuda,Mathew Stolarczyk & Mathew Wright] are gone with 3 other players gone to VFL level. And these players got to Box Hill and Casey throu Monkey and all will be back at Woori when not at there vfl clubs. And the rumour of Dallas Spencer and Michael King are off to Yarra Junction are just that because both are training at woori.
thats fair enough 1rumour, you have set the record straight. the sooking comment only came on the back of fingers claim that woori are unhappy that their players are being targeted. i like others have heard talk of plenty leaving but if the three you named are the only ones then i am misinformed. more than happy to be set straight.

Has made the Collingwood VFL squad, unfortunately has to play at a higher level than YVMDFL Divvy 2 when on the list. Big Loss for Powelly but they seem to have recruited some good players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back