Mod. Notice Regarding comments getting personal - automatic warnings until Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello all,

In the past few week, the moderators have noticed more examples of posters getting personal on this board. Some of these are blatantly breaking the forum rules, while others are not explicitly out of line however they are subtly stirring up a culture of sniping on this board. Please note that it is a rule to be polite and civil on BigFooty, however sometimes it is harder to discipline the latter category of posts. We want this forum to be a place where everyone feels welcome, and so although sometimes one can 'get away with' this sort of posting, we want to strongly discourage it on this board.

Harsher approach until Round 1

Mostly the moderators take into context the poster/s and the circumstances of an issue before dealing with it. But until Round 1 the moderators will be taking a slightly stricter approach to personal criticism.

Of course, there is no objective line drawn here and there will always be grey areas - so before you post, please think to yourself whether you might be bordering on creating disunity.

Here are some examples of what might not be OK:

OK | Not OK
\
114893_eb37ffd0f42be53e358d0831463f2cb8.png
|
114892_e68685f7a47a3e19403ef5b5cdcad2f8.png

\ 'Playing the ball' | 'Playing the man'
\"I disagree with your opinion"|"Your credibility is shot"
\"That is incorrect because..."|"You're a fool"
\<No reply>|"TL:DR"
\<No reply>|"Take a chill pill"

Also, please do not reply to offending posts, but use the report button.

:rainbow: Hopefully this will restore the board and sub-boards to running smoothly for their purpose. :rainbow:

If you have any queries with this approach or any other matters, please take it up with a moderator or BigFooty admin.

Cheers,

SJ winty Turbocat Pure_Ownage
Geelong Board moderators

Attachments

• upload_2015-3-12_11-27-54.png
    upload_2015-3-12_11-27-54.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 7
  • upload_2015-3-12_11-32-14.png
    upload_2015-3-12_11-32-14.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 12

I actually second the DQ thing. Frustrating to watch it being used as a lame response when someone posts a negative view on this board. It's far from constructive, when as pointed out in op, the negative comment could be ignored or properly argued.

Im gonna report my self for swearing because of what I just posted in the Dan Menzel injury thread.:mad:

GO Catters

Im gonna report my self for swearing because of what I just posted in the Dan Menzel injury thread.:mad:

GO Catters

I have already reported you Daz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The moment you start feeling angry about what an anonymous poster says is time to step away from the computer. You've lost your perspective and judgement. I really mean that, step away from the computer.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-14050-1425017468-12.gif

So how does calling someone a Dramaqueen fit within this paradigm? Can an exception be made for cultural reasons?

Drama Queen is definitely out.

However the term DQ is quite acceptable.

* Disclaimer: I am not a Moderator and anything that I say has no authority whatsoever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back