Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
With the Tigers loss today and the GWS win tonight, Richmond are now only percentage off the bottom of the ladder.

This was a team who 12 games ago were leading a final 10 minutes into the last quarter.
It's been a massive fall from grace. I can't recall another team plummet this far so quickly.

With Sydney on Friday it looks like another week on the bottom.

With the Tigers loss today and the GWS win tonight, Richmond are now only percentage off the bottom of the ladder.

This was a team who 12 games ago were leading a final 10 minutes into the last quarter.
It's been a massive fall from grace. I can't recall another team plummet this far so quickly.

With Sydney on Friday it looks like another week on the bottom.

Adelaide and WC finished top five in 2012 and they missed out on the finals in 2013.

I must say I'm very surprised. I thought they would be finalists again. I guess the real worry for them is they haven't had a really high level of injuries (not enough to justify such a full) and their coach has been around a long time. Its downright crazy that a near identical list last year performed so much better.

Mini rebuild is certainly on the cards. Its clear they have too many recycled players on their list who aren't up to it. They still have some good players though but their good players have to carry too much of the workload. I think what would also be concerning is that players like Conca and Ellis have not taken the next step. Even amongst their top players I'd say Cotchin/Riewoldt are not as influential as they have been in the past. Martin has maintained/slightly improved his level though in spite of being flung from one end of the ground to the other.

to be fair its an amazing ladder, 13-18th are all 'equal bottom'

No doubt they have issues, but its a stretch to decale them the bottom of the ladder

I cant see any of the sides in that log jam getting a win next week (GWS a certainty now) so they'll still be where they are basically

From there they have a couple of games that they can use to either put some distance between themselves and the bottom, or bury themselves down there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You get the feeling they'd be quite happy finishing ninth this year.
yeah_ok.gif

That's gold. Did it take long to think it up?
About as long as it took for Richmond's season to go down the toilet.

We should allow ourselves to finish in the position our performances deserve. Hardwick's safe, he shouldn't need to shore up his position with hard-fought but ultimately useless wins.

You're right, what possible use could learning to grind out wins have for a club with a winning culture like Richmond.

Adelaide and WC finished top five in 2012 and they missed out on the finals in 2013.
Hey, don't forget to include Carlton finishing 5th in 2011 and missing finals in 2012 :p. It seems to be the curse of finishing 5th.

Carlton finish 5th in 2011 and are premiership favourites by round 2 of 2012. They miss finals.
West Coast finish 5th in 2012 and are premiership favourites in 2013. They miss finals.
Richmond finish 5th in 2013 and are tipped to improve in 2014. They (are probably going to) miss finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back