Riverina Football League-2012

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think its the holy grail but just a starting point to get some discussion.

Here is my attempt, criticism probably warranted because I don't watch that many games.

B:ARoberts MStephenson BAbsolum
HB:BO'Garey CCerato CSteele
C:MMcCauley MRava CGordon
HF: MDuncan LRoberts GOrton
F:AJohnston MGeppert BAiken
M:Edyvean JKotzur Chambo
I/C: Olson/Meiselback, CAllen, GSpriggs, JAnstee

Whats everyone think? Team balance isn't that great but thats what often happens with rep sides.

I don't think its the holy grail but just a starting point to get some discussion.

Here is my attempt, criticism probably warranted because I don't watch that many games.

B:ARoberts MStephenson BAbsolum
HB:BO'Garey CCerato CSteele
C:MMcCauley MRava CGordon
HF: MDuncan LRoberts GOrton
F:AJohnston MGeppert BAiken
M:Edyvean JKotzur Chambo
I/C: Olson/Meiselback, CAllen, GSpriggs, JAnstee

Whats everyone think? Team balance isn't that great but thats what often happens with rep sides.

Team balance is very hard in rep sides but only because they pick them poorly. To many onballers get picked IMO and blokes who are good flankers and pockets miss out. Team getting announced 2moz I hear. Hoe often would C Steele play back flank?? Cerato CHB the same??? McCauley on a HBF yes, Not sure about Absolum either.

Mango v Tigers is a good game this weekend. Be interesting to see who wins that. Coolamon will be tested over at Griffith as they lost both times last year so a bit of a bogey team for the hoppers

Have Narrandera awoken in 2013?? Good win on there home deck on the weekend. Ganmian have some chinks in the armour after all and Coolamon just keep on rolling along. Beating Griffith by 75 + on their ground keeping them to 3 goals is a massive win

Looks as though Narrandera must have got a few back, that or Ganmain just had a real bad day? a shame anyway I was looking forward to a top of the table undefeated battle between the lions and the Hoppers. Oh well I'll settle with a Hoppers victory to keep thier undefeated run going.

Looks like the top 3 in Coolamon, GGGM and Gullie are starting to get a break over the rest. 4th and 5th spot is going to be an interesting battle over the second half of the year. Tigers, Mango, Narrandera, Griffith and Leeton to battle it out for 2 spots

Cerato the best CHB in league when he plays there Interesting.

Has Chamberlain got a gig in the rep team yet? Could well be leading the Jim Quinn and Coolamons B&F.

Tigers will get 4th for mine, 5th a real battle. Only prize that 5th gets is delaying Mad Monday a week.

Cerato the best CHB in league when he plays there Interesting.

Has Chamberlain got a gig in the rep team yet? Could well be leading the Jim Quinn and Coolamons B&F.

Tigers will get 4th for mine, 5th a real battle. Only prize that 5th gets is delaying Mad Monday a week.

That's what a lot of people thought about the fifth placed team last year and they ended up winning the premiership...
Coolamon look hard to beat at the moment. GGGM hard to beat when on song and Gullie in good form also. Tigers and Mango have some quality young blokes but maybe not this year. Both Narrandera and Leeton have struggled to put a full strength side on the paddock especially Narrandera, and I wouldn't write either off if they can get a run on in the second half of the season. Both are coming from a long way back, but as the Eagles proved last year you only have to sneak into the five in form and anything can happen. I can't see Griffith making the top five and Turvey, while much improved, will probably pick up the wooden spoon again.

That's what a lot of people thought about the fifth placed team last year and they ended up winning the premiership...
Coolamon look hard to beat at the moment. GGGM hard to beat when on song and Gullie in good form also. Tigers and Mango have some quality young blokes but maybe not this year. Both Narrandera and Leeton have struggled to put a full strength side on the paddock especially Narrandera, and I wouldn't write either off if they can get a run on in the second half of the season. Both are coming from a long way back, but as the Eagles proved last year you only have to sneak into the five in form and anything can happen. I can't see Griffith making the top five and Turvey, while much improved, will probably pick up the wooden spoon again.

I agree with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I won't name players publically I thought a few were lucky to get a guernsey. Solid RFL players but probably not rep standard, obviously with a few olders blokes pulling out it leaves a few holes. These players were exposed at times on Sunday and it would have been disapointing for the League if we went down. Early on in the game a few other blokes didn't look as interested or attack the footy as they usually do at club footy!
I left midway through the 3rd quarter but at that stage I thought it was a pretty even contribution throughout the ground. Gordon done good but got tagged, Maddox superb, and I thought Murray Stephenson was good also. Steele good in patches. Anyone else get down to watch?

Ganmain v Gullie for 2nd spot is a massive massive game and I'm going to watch that one for sure
Coolamon v Tigers is big also to see how much tigers young guns have come since round one. This will be a tight game IMO. Tigers aren't without a chance

Watched the Hoppers continue their undefeated run on Saturdai in an uninspiring clasg against the Tigers, Connor neyland was a standout to me along with Mark Crawford and a few others. The game never reached any great heights but Coolamon still managed to score a handy win against another top team, it is going to take a mighty effort from any team to topple the Hoppers this year they are well drilled and generally play attacking footy. With Mozza still to come back in and the possible inclusions of James McKenzie, Mitch Robinson and even Ben Cadzow, depth is also a strength.

Watched the Hoppers continue their undefeated run on Saturdai in an uninspiring clasg against the Tigers, Connor neyland was a standout to me along with Mark Crawford and a few others. The game never reached any great heights but Coolamon still managed to score a handy win against another top team, it is going to take a mighty effort from any team to topple the Hoppers this year they are well drilled and generally play attacking footy. With Mozza still to come back in and the possible inclusions of James McKenzie, Mitch Robinson and even Ben Cadzow, depth is also a strength.
Yep, it's definitely Coolamons to lose! Class team of the comp.

One would have to wonder if the only thing that can beat them is mental scars throughout the years of GGGM beating them at Narrandera.

Rumour has it A.Johnston has quit his job and is relocating to QLD in 2 weeks.

G'day!

I'm slowly moving my footy photos from flickr to zenfolio. Not only will you be able to view photos and slideshows, but if you see something that you really like you can hit the "buy" button and order prints. :)

So far only last year's GF is available.

red3photography.zenfolio.com

Cheers

Trosty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back