Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2009
red & black hills
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Big V
We all know the Daily Telepgraph is owned by the same company that 50% owns the NRL. They are going tinto overdrive to protect their product yet dont mind pushing their own expansions into other parts of Australia.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/league-sends-captains-in-to-fight-afl-threat/story-e6frexnr-1225834103034

“THE NRL's four western Sydney captains will front an ad campaign as rugby league makes its latest grassroots assault on defending its turf against the AFL.”

An NRL fan survey today in the Daily Telegraph asks 5 questions no less about the AFL, yet not one about the A League expansion, obssessed much? Soccer is much bigger in Western Sydney than AFL footy?

Do you also support an AFL team?

Do you think the AFL's push into western Sydney is a real threat to the NRL?

Did you attend an AFL game last season?

Will you attend an AFL game this season?

Would you attend an AFL game if the ticket price was less than NRL tickets?

... it is a bit of a joke really.

In my area, which would be fairly typical, we have 2 junior AFL club with about 300 kids registered.

The soccer clubs that occupy the same district number about 12 with as many as 500 kids in each club (4-5,000)!

NRL would have about 1,000 kids playing in comps in the same area.

Soccer is clearly far more of a threat to both codes than they are to each other ... they should be joining forces (which works for Melbourne Storm) and working to defeat the "divers"!:confused:

We all know the Daily Telepgraph is owned by the same company that 50% owns the NRL. They are going tinto overdrive to protect their product yet dont mind pushing their own expansions into other parts of Australia.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/league-sends-captains-in-to-fight-afl-threat/story-e6frexnr-1225834103034

“THE NRL's four western Sydney captains will front an ad campaign as rugby league makes its latest grassroots assault on defending its turf against the AFL.”

An NRL fan survey today in the Daily Telegraph asks 5 questions no less about the AFL, yet not one about the A League expansion, obssessed much? Soccer is much bigger in Western Sydney than AFL footy?

Do you also support an AFL team?

Do you think the AFL's push into western Sydney is a real threat to the NRL?

Did you attend an AFL game last season?

Will you attend an AFL game this season?

Would you attend an AFL game if the ticket price was less than NRL tickets?

The DT used to really get on my nerves with this stuff, and to a fair degree it still does, but I'm coming round to the view that all of this free publicity (regardless of the tone) can only help.

Better than not being talked about at all I guess.

That being said, I'm always looking for opportunities to get on their website and have a go back :D

Got stuck into Rothfield on his blog yesterday over his blatant copy of Mike Sheehan's Top 50, all he could come back with was "haven't you got something better to do".

So your still denying it was aimed at NRL fans? :rolleyes:

Who said that?

I said "An NRL fan survey" and then laughed, and rightly so.

You'd have to be pretty naive if you thought only NRL fans replied to it, whether it was aimed at NRL fans or not.

While I'm at it, I'm going to bug out of this thread. The last thing this board needs is to be clogged up with the same rubbish which goes on elsewhere.

My apologies to Glory and Fame. Feel free to delete my posts if you like mate.

I said "An NRL fan survey"

What ever the case, out of the total of... hmmm.... 8,000 NRL supporters in Sydney/NSW and Australia wide :D... a third of respondents support an AFL team according to the official NRL Survey in the Daily Telegraph.

Dean Ritchie makes me laugh. He is the AFL's and Team GWS' biggest supporter. Official Newspaper of the AFL in Sydney. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is anyone else bored of this?

seriously im done with the code wars...the afl of course is loving this because its still 2 years before they start but they are already mainstream news worthy

well done afl promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back