Welcome New Posters - Drop in and say hi

Remove this Banner Ad

First post on here, born in East Brunswick, first Carlton match in 1969 vs. Fitzroy at Princes Park. Lived in the UK since 1988. People ask me what I miss about Aus, I always just say the footy. Hope to be visiting in April and see my first game in over ten years.

First post on here, born in East Brunswick, first Carlton match in 1969 vs. Fitzroy at Princes Park. Lived in the UK since 1988. People ask me what I miss about Aus, I always just say the footy. Hope to be visiting in April and see my first game in over ten years.

did you move to england with the fat kid from hey dad when the show ended

Wow 25 years away from the footy, not sure how you do it.

Welcome to BF Nudge

Hi Everyone. I came across the forum via the EP33 Podcast on Youtube featuring The Old Dark Navy's, HBF and MEB_, among others. I tend to look at things from an growth & development (evolution) aspect, which means I like to look outside the box just a little.

I look forward to catching up with you all around the board and thanks for having me here. :)

Hi Everyone. I came across the forum via the EP33 Podcast on Youtube featuring The Old Dark Navy's, HBF and MEB_, among others. I tend to look at things from an growth & development (evolution) aspect, which means I like to look outside the box just a little.

I look forward to catching up with you all around the board and thanks for having me here. :)
Welcome! What do you think of the poddy? How exciting that people actually listen to it from youtube.

Welcome! What do you think of the poddy? How exciting that people actually listen to it from youtube.

MEB_ said:
...two Dylans & two Blaines!!! o_O What am I supposed to do with that???!!! :confused:

It provides a unique take on the club's activities without being overly critical while being delivered with a little knowledge and balanced with a quintessential dose of humour. :)

Keep up the good work. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It provides a unique take on the club's activities without being overly critical while being delivered with a little knowledge and balanced with a quintessential dose of humour. :)

Keep up the good work. ;)

Hi fellow Blues,

First time post from a long time Blues fan.
My father let me stay up and watch the replay of the 1970 GF when I was 7.
We lived in Tassie and had to wait for the replay to be shown in the evening. During the day dad turned the radio off so we would not hear the score. Back then I didn't really care who won but after that night I became a fan for life. Living in Tassie prevented me from seeing the Blues play live until a few decades later.

Now live in the Wild West and have seen a few of their games over here. First ever game was watching us thrash Richmond a few years ago. Warmed my heart.....

Something about me - played table tennis at national junior level, won a state rally championship as a navigator, competed in Rally Australia, raced my own Datto in the early '80s. My real claim to fame was finishing 36 in the footytips.com.au competition a couple of years ago out of ~400,000 punters.
Probably worth mentioning another claim to fame - sitting silently in the middle of the Hawthorn Cheer Squad in the early naughties with my brother in law who is an rabid Hawks fan. Endured the filthy looks when I couldn't bring myself to cheer....

Look forward to participating in some of the discussions now and again.

Marc

Hi fellow Blues,

First time post from a long time Blues fan.
My father let me stay up and watch the replay of the 1970 GF when I was 7.
We lived in Tassie and had to wait for the replay to be shown in the evening. During the day dad turned the radio off so we would not hear the score. Back then I didn't really care who won but after that night I became a fan for life. Living in Tassie prevented me from seeing the Blues play live until a few decades later.

Now live in the Wild West and have seen a few of their games over here. First ever game was watching us thrash Richmond a few years ago. Warmed my heart.....

Something about me - played table tennis at national junior level, won a state rally championship as a navigator, competed in Rally Australia, raced my own Datto in the early '80s. My real claim to fame was finishing 36 in the footytips.com.au competition a couple of years ago out of ~400,000 punters.
Probably worth mentioning another claim to fame - sitting silently in the middle of the Hawthorn Cheer Squad in the early naughties with my brother in law who is an rabid Hawks fan. Endured the filthy looks when I couldn't bring myself to cheer....

Look forward to participating in some of the discussions now and again.

Marc

Welcome !

1970 ooooh yeh !

I recall watching us win the flag in black and white against the black and white :thumbsu::)

Yep, we where all huddled around the radio, Dad couldn't listen, got too worked up, bad heart.
Us kids would relay the score to him in the shed, We where all hugging and cheering in the back yard at the end, my sister went to the game, we had the front of the house covered in navy & white, we could hear her two blocks away, we went off again went she got home, all,singing in the kitchen, such a great memory, brings a tear

Dem where the days

Yep, we where all huddled around the radio, Dad couldn't listen, got too worked up, bad heart.
Us kids would relay the score to him in the shed, We where all hugging and cheering in the back yard at the end, my sister went to the game, we had the front of the house covered in navy & white, we could hear her two blocks away, we went off again went she got home, all,singing in the kitchen, such a great memory, brings a tear

Dem where the days
Love it, great story Esky :thumbsu: I can recall being absolutely distraught at half time and just had a euphoric feeling at the end of the game that lasted for days. Never felt anything like it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back