Ross Lyon 6pr

Remove this Banner Ad

Really pissed, he sounded annoyed before the game and now he is just rope able. Even Brad Hardie was hesitating to ask the hard questions, he and Boris were tip toeing through their questions.

Unfortunately, I don't see a good outcome for young Josh either, despite the earlier kind words there is no doubt that Josh has lost the coaches faith. Long penance at Peel is his best outcome but not being allowed to play at all is a possibility.

wow! I've never heard him that distressed before hopefully he's not losing confidence in himself

I guess after the boys not putting in the required effort again on the weekend + Barlow and Walters injuries + Fyfe, Sylvia and Ballaz suspensions + Simpson gone maybe to never to return again things are getting tough

Give the man some stress leave!

Sylvia is the worst of the lot. Ballantyne didn't really do anything too stupid, just an amassed set of silly little occurrences that don't really say a massive amount about him or his game on the weekend. Simpson is 19-years old or something and from the most non-AFL background possible. Sylvia's what, 28? A 150 game player at a highly scrutinised club in a state that lambasts the terrible because you either get adulated until it's sycophancy or cop it brutally. Sylvia is the worst of the lot.

Sylvia is the worst of the lot. Ballantyne didn't really do anything too stupid, just an amassed set of silly little occurrences that don't really say a massive amount about him or his game on the weekend. Simpson is 19-years old or something and from the most non-AFL background possible. Sylvia's what, 28? A 150 game player at a highly scrutinised club in a state that lambasts the terrible because you either get adulated until it's sycophancy or cop it brutally. Sylvia is the worst of the lot.

lol

As the late great comedian Robin Harris said, back in the day, about being pissed, Coach Lyon sounded "pissed off to the highest of pisstivity."

I don't blame him. Mike91 is spot on. The boys should never allow their coach, their supporters, their opposition or most of all THEMSELVES, to question their hunger. What's frustrating is hearing our boys say they knew when play started, they weren't switched on. OK, so then what happens during the quarter time break? Halftime? Three quarter time? Tell you what: The angriest team in any sport I've ever seen anywhere in my lifetime of avid sports watching were the 2000 Essendon Bombers. They took their 1999 Finals elimination so personally, they took it out on the rest of the league the next year and with their overall 24-1 record may be the best team the AFL has ever seen. They were ruthless and bound and determined to dominate. I hoped Freo would come out of the gate this year like that and it seemed as if we did against Collingwood. It's far from too late to switch on, but if there ever was a wake-up call, this is it. Either the boys can choose to compete to be elite, or fall back to the middle of the pack.

As for Josh Simpson, he's still growing into his manhood -- no excuses, but issues are to be expected. Ballaz? He has his annual one-week holiday -- disappointing, but we've come to expect it. Sylvia? Silent Alarm is spot on. Dude should know better. MUCH better. He's not only old enough to know better, but he has a reputation to repair.

Wish I could be a fly on the wall during Coach Lyon's talk today, to the players. Well, then again, flies probably can't understand human communication. Aw hell, you all know what I mean.

Sylvia? Silent Alarm is spot on. Dude should know better. MUCH better. He's not only old enough to know better, but he has a reputation to repair.

How come nobody said this about Pav last year when he was suspended for 3 weeks for a head high bump?

The Colin Sylvia hate on this forum has already surpassed Jack Anthony levels before he's even played a game. Why anyone would want to come to Freo in future to be treated like s**t by supporters is a question we are going to have to ask in the future.

I agree that "newbies" like DPearce/Croad/Tarrant etc have been the target of unjustified abuse at the hands of our fans in the past, but don't make Sylvia out to be some choirboy piv. If he was really serious and committed to the Dockers he would definitely have played at least 1 game by now.

Your comparison to the Pav bump just furthers my suspicion that you are baiting after all, are you really comparing that to Sylvia whacking some bloke 50m off the footy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IS that what Sylvia did? Why wasn't he charged for striking then?

If he was really serious and committed to the Dockers he would definitely have played at least 1 game by now.?

So now he's not playing because he told Ross he can't be bothered?

You guys need to calm down a bit.

How come nobody said this about Pav last year when he was suspended for 3 weeks for a head high bump?

The Colin Sylvia hate on this forum has already surpassed Jack Anthony levels before he's even played a game. Why anyone would want to come to Freo in future to be treated like s**t by supporters is a question we are going to have to ask in the future.

I don't hate or even dislike Colin. He's a Docker and I barrack for him. I want him to succeed. But in order to do that, he has to be available. I don't care who you are -- coming to a new job unprepared, then getting into disciplinary trouble is absolutely no way to make a first impression on your new employer. Pav's bump was questionable. And there's no way to compare what Pav has done for, and means to, the club and a newcomer who already has a reputation for not living up to his potential.

I don't care who you are -- coming to a new job unprepared

This is just a rumour started on this forum by fans.

Sylvia didn't "turn up unprepared". He got injured on 3 different occasions in the preseason and as a result didn't have the fitness base to get picked according to Ross Lyons "pick the fittest guys regardless of ability" policy.

You guys make it sound like he turned up with a hangover, eating a pie, 10 kilos overweight.

This is just a rumour started on this forum by fans.

Sylvia didn't "turn up unprepared". He got injured on 3 different occasions in the preseason and as a result didn't have the fitness base to get picked according to Ross Lyons "pick the fittest guys regardless of ability" policy.

You guys make it sound like he turned up with a hangover, eating a pie, 10 kilos overweight.

Coach Lyon said it himself, that Sylvia wasn't up to fitness standards. Never heard him say it was because of injury.

Neither was Danyle Pearce. Nobody would be after coming to Fremantle from a club with lower standards. The problem for Sylvia was that he had injury setbacks during his own preseason that stopped him from achieving his targets before round 1.

Now all of a sudden he's the antichrist around here and people are making all sorts of guesses about his attitude and already pencilling his name in for delisting. It's completely ridiculous.

The fact that Silent Alarm considers his actions worse than Josh Simpson is laughable, because Simpson may well be getting delisted tomorrow. Fremantle have called a press conference.

Neither was Danyle Pearce. Nobody would be after coming to Fremantle from a club with lower standards. The problem for Sylvia was that he had injury setbacks during his own preseason that stopped him from achieving his targets before round 1.

Now all of a sudden he's the antichrist around here and people are making all sorts of guesses about his attitude and already pencilling his name in for delisting. It's completely ridiculous.

The fact that Silent Alarm considers his actions worse than Josh Simpson is laughable, because Simpson may well be getting delisted tomorrow. Fremantle have called a press conference.
Would be extremely highly surprised.

Would be extremely highly surprised.
Let's entertain the idea and he does walk away from the club - 2 top 20 draft picks gone in the past few years, (Pitt the other, possibly 3 if mora doesn't get up) that starts to hurt our long term planning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, Ross even got into Karl at the end with the comment about peroxide.

Karl let it slide though, which I would have done too.

Not a happy Bunny was our Ross.

First Josh Simpson, then the loss to Sydney and then Hayden Ballantyne gets suspended.

I hope everyone repays Ross this week.

Let's entertain the idea and he does walk away from the club - 2 top 20 draft picks gone in the past few years, (Pitt the other, possibly 3 if mora doesn't get up) that starts to hurt our long term planning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plenty of clubs that do well without high draft picks (see Geelong, Sydney and Hawthorn) and plenty that fail with them (see Carlton and Melbourne)

Would you say that we are currently a club in crisis?

Everything from that 6PR interview certainly suggests so... I've never heard Ross so upset.

I think it's the combination of both losing a winnable game and simultaneously being let down by 3 of his players.

The way he discusses Josh it seems like he's currently in a pit far deeper than what SonSon was two years ago... and unlike Walters I'm not sure if Josh has the mental endurance to pull himself out.

I wouldn't want to be at training today...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back