Ross Lyon is synonymous with Ugly football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was highly influential at the Swans when they played ugly football, he took "ugly" football to new levels at St Kilda, and has done the same at Freo. It is ugly to watch. Does he have any other tricks in hus repertoire?

I am just so glad I am not a Dockers supporter because it would turn me off football.

Oh please, of course it's ugly when it's barely working and it's not that pretty when it's in full flight either.

But it works pretty well for the most part, so until teams find a way to execute a gameplan that exposes his team's individual deficiencies (Team Defense you can't beat them, but if you can get out the back and expose them one-on-one they are bog average), he's going to persist with it.

He was highly influential at the Swans when they played ugly football, he took "ugly" football to new levels at St Kilda, and has done the same at Freo. It is ugly to watch. Does he have any other tricks in hus repertoire?

I am just so glad I am not a Dockers supporter because it would turn me off football.

The elimination final must have been ugly for you last year :thumbsu:

Would you say he is a disgrace to football?
You took the words right out of my mouth!

Another thing, Harry Taylor would have made his mind up tonight.

I bet when Freo have a full strength team it will look 'prettier'. No style is going to look good when you are missing such important players and then you cop a few calf injuries to other experienced players on the day. Personally always thought the Lyon style thing was always overblown in terms of it making games supposedly unwatchable.

The elimination final must have been ugly for you last year :thumbsu:
yeah it was, I was impressed though how you went on and won the flag after that.... oh of course you didn't. So you could say the elimination finals win didn't do you much good either. zero flags eh? That must hurt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow it amuses me how offended Geelong fans are with anything to do with Fremantle. We honestly couldn't give two shits about your club but you guys keep harping on and on to do with such petty minute things that no one really cares about. Sure enjoy you win, but be noble about it. No one likes a bad winner just as much as a bad loser.

Geelong supporters are making me question my belief in humanity. They take arrogance to a whole new level. They beat our B team which had multiple match day injuries. Good for them.

Congratulations to the Cats. Our team was outplayed and outclassed, and you were the better team on the day.

To be honest, I have been quite disillusioned by Cats fans since I've been active on Big Footy. I'd always thought that Geelong were supposed to be "the good guys," with a good culture and good sporting attitude towards their opposition despite having been and continuing to be one of the best teams in the last decade - but this hasn't seemed to trickle down to the vocal section of their fan base here on Big Footy. It's disappointing.

Ross Lyon football is ugly when it needs to be ugly. We have had to grind out games more than usual because we have been depleted in attack the whole season - we don't have a forward line at the moment FFS. But when we are on song, we are capable of playing counter attacking footy depending on who we are playing against.

Honestly guys its the way you used to go the man and not the ball all those years ago. Especially that one game when Lingy got his cheek broken. We have very long memories.

You didn't do yourselves any favours knocking us out last year either ;)

Honestly guys its the way you used to go the man and not the ball all those years ago. Especially that one game when Lingy got his cheek broken. We have very long memories.

You didn't do yourselves any favours knocking us out last year either ;)

And big egos :D

I'll tell you why we hate you!
We went 44 years without a flag finally winning playing highly entertaining, hard at the ball type footy. We win 3 flags.
Who then comes along and wants to be noticed? Ross Lyon (again) with his boring, ultra defensive rubbish that includes players like Crowley and Ballantyne with their little annoying and childish tactics.
It is PATHETIC especially when you compare yourselves to our squad.
We had Ling, you have Crowley and Ballantyne.

This is why our fans think our club is better then yours. What I'm saying I know sounds arrogant but it's bloody hard to respect teams far inferior with childish players.
Boring, cheap tactics and 0 flags.
Exciting, hard at the ball 3 flags.

Sorry to other Cat fans who don't want to sound arrogant like I have here :)

We went 44 years without a flag finally winning playing highly entertaining, hard at the ball type footy. We win 3 flags.
Who then comes along and wants to be noticed? Ross Lyon (again) with his boring, ultra defensive rubbish that includes players like Crowley and Ballantyne with their little annoying and childish tactics.

This is why our fans think our club is better then yours. What I'm saying I know sounds arrogant but it's bloody hard to respect teams far inferior with childish players.

I will always respect the team you barrack for. I have however lost a fair bit of respect for their supporter base.

But you played like we do tonight.

I will always respect the team you barrack for. I have however lost a fair bit of respect for their supporter base.

With the exception of manboob, none of the others really post on our own board, so make of that what you will.

I'm sure you guys are happy with your season so far anyway. Top 4 prospect with out Sandilands and Pav is a bloody good effort.

Ross Lyon football is ugly when it needs to be ugly. We have had to grind out games more than usual because we have been depleted in attack the whole season - we don't have a forward line at the moment FFS. But when we are on song, we are capable of playing counter attacking footy depending on who we are playing against.

Quoted for truth.

Freo have played thrilling football at times this year.

Personally i can find a low scoring war of attrition just as enjoyable as a shootout.

Some people just moan about everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back