Round 1 2015 v Geelong. I'm tipping it gets ugly!

Remove this Banner Ad

Steve Johnson saying on the AFL Website, that he rejected overtures from G.W.S during the trade period so as to play in a fourth Premiership with the Cats....What a Delusional Flog.

With his foot concerns/issues, he'll be lucky to play the season out for mine....Cats also have the second toughest draw in 2015....Not a snow flakes chance in hell, Bozo the Clown!

All of Enright, Kelly, Johnson & Bartel are seriously on the wane & the Cats don't have the cattle currently on their list necessary to replace em.

But don't tell Son of God or Bobby....Give em a chance to dream a wee while longer yet, before drowning in their collective cat-nip.

Hawthorn vs Geelong Round 5 of last year is currently showing on Foxtel.

Jack Gunston's hands and marking ability is very impressive. Once he gets on the lead and gets separation from his opponent he's hard to stop.
Is TO'B aspiring to replicate this?

Is TO'B aspiring to replicate this?

I hope so. Looking at O'Brien you'd think he's a similar type of player to Gunston, but he's a CHF who just lacks the physical presence to hold down a key position spot. That will hopefully come in time though when he fully matures and gets that consistency in his game going.

I hope so. Looking at O'Brien you'd think he's a similar type of player to Gunston, but he's a CHF who just lacks the physical presence to hold down a key position spot. That will hopefully come in time though when he fully matures and gets that consistency in his game going.
More so than your Sicily types who are more Breust replicas? Is that the case or are Sicily & TO'B actually battling it out for the same spot?

More so than your Sicily types who are more Breust replicas? Is that the case or are Sicily & TO'B actually battling it out for the same spot?

Sicily and O'Brien are different types of players so they won't be competing for the same spot, as Sicily is a half forward flanker/medium sized forward who will get some games in 2015 and yes he's a similar player to Breust as he reads the play very well and is strong overhead.

Sicily and O'Brien are different types of players so they won't be competing for the same spot, as Sicily is a half forward flanker/medium sized forward who will get some games in 2015 and yes he's a similar player to Breust.
And TO'B is therefore in the Gunston mould?
That's kinda scarier, considering we have genuine forward targets in Hale/Cegs/BigBoy!

Yeah, you guys goan rape us:(
This is round 1, Easter Monday, regardless of us being the better side atm, I still don't think it will be a blow out. I wouldn't even be too surprised if you guys got up, however my prediction would be us by about 2-3 goals.

One thing is for certain, these games can produce anything, if I was a cats fan I would have belief still. Just like us Hawks did when you guys were clearly the better side in 09-11.

And TO'B is therefore in the Gunston mould?
That's kinda scarier, considering we have genuine forward targets in Hale/Cegs/BigBoy!

He is in the Gunston mould in terms of build and O'Brien does have that same marking ability, but Gunston is capable of playing as a FF/CHF/HF and at times he's even pushed onto the wing/half back position whereas O'Brien is more a stay at home type forward. In the future they'll likely be playing different roles.

This is round 1, Easter Monday, regardless of us being the better side atm, I still don't think it will be a blow out. I wouldn't even be too surprised if you guys got up, however my prediction would be us by about 2-3 goals.

One thing is for certain, these games can produce anything, if I was a cats fan I would have belief still. Just like us Hawks did when you guys were clearly the better side in 09-11.

For sure, I reckon we're a chance at all times. BUT, I reckon that monkey is off your back now. The last final we played together was emphatic in the outome. It's not a gulf, but there might be a small gap between us.

Only one way to find out for sure, though;)

I am super bored working so here is a interesting stat I looked up;
  1. Including and since 2008 Geelong are 13 and 4 against the Hawks - 76.4% record
  2. 3 of those hawks wins have come from the last 4 encounters.
  3. In the week immediately after playing the Hawks the cats are 10 and 5 (2 less games as the Hawks have been their final opponent for the year twice) - 66.6% record
So the cats have a far superior record over one of the best teams in that period than they do against the rest of the comp. This proves a couple of things;
  1. The cats lift massively for Hawks games
  2. The Hawks hurt them during these games
I had noticed this for a while now and you are spot-on.
We should have Haw Gee games rd 1 and rd 2.
That would put your theory to the absolute test.
But I would predict a safe 2-0 result for Haw this year.

I had noticed this for a while now and you are spot-on.
We should have Haw Gee games rd 1 and rd 2.
That would put your theory to the absolute test.
But I would predict a safe 2-0 result for Haw this year.
It wouldn't surprise me, if Geelong was likely to win 2:0.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back