Preview Round 1, 2024: Geelong v St.Kilda - GMHBA Stadium, Saturday 16th March, 7:30PM AEDT *COLLARD, WILSON DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Cats

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 62 71.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could be in trouble. Geelong have posted some "highlights" from match sim and they look scintillating!

What is WRONG with them?
They don’t even have thread open yet for this game…. 🙄

can we avoid this match report?

saints dominate cats in all facets,but on the back of 12 out of bounds on the full's,home team scrapes home to welcome newly renovated stadium

any danger of spelling out to our boys that it is kardinia park or whatever & that the ground dimensions are thinner,i dred looking into my crystal ball & my years of watching the saints,but this headline looms large

oh and number 2

stewart duncan and jack henry combine to smash all intercept marking records

Last time we played Geelong, we won.

Their best 22 is now.....
B: Z.Guthrie / S.De Koning / J.Kolodjashnij
HB: J.Henry / T.Stewart / M.O’Connor
C: M.Blicavs / C.Guthrie / M.Holmes
HF: B.Close / J.Cameron / O.Henry
F: T.Stengle / T.Hawkins / G.Miers
Fol: R.Stanley / P.Dangerfield / T.Atkins
Int: M.Duncan / Z.Tuohy / T.Bruhn / G.Rohan / J.Clark (sub)

Last year they lost a few games early, and later in the season lost to GWS and Freo at their home ground.

Hopefully the forward line work they have been drilling into our guys will stop Tom Stewart from having the ball on a string.
Their backline is good, but with the likes of Owens, Membrey, King, i'd hope we can score well.
Last time we played, Crouch , Steele, Marshall, and Sinclair combined for 46 contested possessions, while their top 4 only had 40, ( two of their top four were defenders DeKonig and Tuoey

Hawkins is another year older, but no doubt will still shove ( in the back ) his way into a enough contests to be a handful.
Cordy and Battle were our key defenders in that game.

33yo Dangerfield may be a bit more of a live wire at the start of the season, but they are hardly a vastly greater team this time around.
Mitch Duncan is 32. Tuohy is 34 ,
Smith is retired.

Compared to last time we played.
Gresham is gone, and Hill may be in doubt, but we probably have Jones available, and of course Henry.
Last time we played Ross and Clark were injured early i think.

We can outpace and outplay them. We just need the coaches to convince our players , that when they hear loud booing, they should be hearing all the saints supporters cheering at home. The louder the ferals boo, the better they are doing.

Just got my seats for this game this morning.

Thought it was Geelong members sale at the moment? Checked the email Stkilda sent and no option to get tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally got mine after having issues for 30mins.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That would be brilliant, move the best intercept defender in the game to the midfield where his shoulder will be dislocated by Windy at the first bounce. 🙌
Often find myself eating at the same café as Stewart and his cronies.

May be an opportunity to see if he really can run all day 🤪

amJlMIl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back