Game Day Round 1 vs. Sydney, MCG, 7:40pm Fri 15/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question...the unfurling of the flag.
Will this be with the players out on the ground before they get into position?
My memory does not go back as far as 2011 round 1 lol
Just need to know what time to leave the pub

There is going to be some kind of ceremony with each flag in our history being "represented" by someone. Think Lethal and Mick might be involved(which is interesting given Lethal's comments last week). Get to the G at 6:30 tonight if you want to see a "rehearsal".

Won't answer your question, but the idea of the whole thing requiring a rehearsal makes it sound a bit OTT.

Reckon it happens around 7pm. Its before the players come out

Hopefully the club brings out more info later in the week

There is going to be some kind of ceremony with each flag in our history being "represented" by someone. Think Lethal and Mick might be involved(which is interesting given Lethal's comments last week). Get to the G at 6:30 tonight if you want to see a "rehearsal".

Won't answer your question, but the idea of the whole thing requiring a rehearsal makes it sound a bit OTT.
I don’t know any details BUT I do know that one of the members in my seating group who lives in Sydney has randomly been contacted by the club to represent NSW supporters and help unfurl the flag in some way.

Lucky bugger.

This has been pointed out before but bears mentioning again. Read this slowly. Elliott is coming off the most productive season of his CAREER.
I'm not calling for him to be dropped after one match but last year is irrelevant now. He has three or four more chances and then we consider dropping him. In saying that, no player is safe from a dropping.

I don’t know any details BUT I do know that one of the members in my seating group who lives in Sydney has randomly been contacted by the club to represent NSW supporters and help unfurl the flag in some way.

Lucky bugger.
Yeah, someone I know got contacted too. Looks like a fair bit of representation of our fans will be happening.

I'm not calling for him to be dropped after one match but last year is irrelevant now. He has three or four more chances and then we consider dropping him. In saying that, no player is safe from a dropping.
Smocky, last year and even the years prior are still relevant in that they point to a player's capabilities. And a proven career puts a few more credits in the bank. Not even sure what posters saw on Saturday night to consider Elliott's game a poor one.

16 touches, 3 tackles, 5 CPs, 2 marks inside 50. Relatively productive night for a small forward in a game where we were dominated for a fair chunk of time.

Smocky, last year and even the years prior are still relevant in that they point to a player's capabilities. And a proven career puts a few more credits in the bank. Not even sure what posters saw on Saturday night to consider Elliott's game a poor one.

16 touches, 3 tackles, 5 CPs, 2 marks inside 50. Relatively productive night for a small forward in a game where we were dominated for a fair chunk of time.
Probably his set shots and absence of goals.

I'm more than happy to write off Round 0 if I see a stronger performance against the Swans

We lose in a similar fashion to the GWS game? Then I'll definitely be worried we're just playing the role of the 2023 Cats
Which would be an absolute disaster since we threw our first rounder to Freo this year.

Probably his set shots and absence of goals.
Could always do with more goals - but any ppl thinking that the bloke who came second in our goalkicking last year(yes, still relevant) is in any danger at the selection table anytime soon should probably take themselves off to the Shop of Uppercuts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, by and large criticism of Elliott’s game is strange at best. The only real issue was his radar at goal, but given he had those number (in addition to 6 score involvements) you’d think that there should be plenty of others ahead of him in the firing line.

Fraser hinted to me last night fin will play this week.
They rate him highly he said. Even if it’s a hard team to crack into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it strange he didn't play last week. Has to play this one.

I'd also probably bring in Frampton to defence. Has shown he can play the role.

I thought it strange he didn't play last week. Has to play this one.

I'd also probably bring in Frampton to defence. Has shown he can play the role.
Yeah. Felt he should have played, he would have gotten smashed like everyone did, so maybe good thing he didnt.
This week surely. Fly did say, if it wasnt last week it would be this week. Fraser saying the same thing. So I'll be a lookout at training tomorrow

Agree, by and large criticism of Elliott’s game is strange at best. The only real issue was his radar at goal, but given he had those number (in addition to 6 score involvements) you’d think that there should be plenty of others ahead of him in the firing line.
Elliott has plenty of points in the bank to continue to get a game.

He was rusty last year until mid season bye and then hit his straps.

So at this point no need to worry.

Yeah. Felt he should have played, he would have gotten smashed like everyone did, so maybe good thing he didnt.
This week surely. Fly did say, if it wasnt last week it would be this week. Fraser saying the same thing. So I'll be a lookout at training tomorrow
Those wanting to drop half the side this week would have just included Fin in that group had he played in the Giants loss.

Let him play this week after Fly has given the team a shellacking after Saturday's performance, lol.

Those wanting to drop half the side this week would have just included Fin in that group had he played in the Giants loss.

Let him play this week after Fly has given the team a shellacking after Saturday's performance, lol.
He would have gone straight to the whipping boy thread. Sooner or later Fin will have to get a good block of games in the seniors. I can't see more than 1, maybe 2 changes if Howe comes in. I just don't think that Fin will be selected to start, he will probably start as sub. Having said all that, he'll probably start first rover, if there's still such a position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back