Game Day Round 1 vs. Sydney, MCG, 7:40pm Fri 15/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anywhere on our online Collingwood membership login that tells us how many years we have been a member?

They usually send you something in the crappy pack.

I know it is very close to 50 so not far off.

0 for me. I have always been a VFL park then MCC member since whenever Waverley first opened when. I was a foundation junior member. So 50ish years being a non club member including 35 ish with MCC. Just always had no need to be a signed up Collingwood member

They usually send you something in the crappy pack.
Yep. I got this when I joined sometime in the last few months of last year. Hoping for many more in the years to come (my username and club of support will be changed to reflect such at the end of the current Sweet FA Fantasy Football season so I don’t stuff them around more than I already have).

IMG_4648.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon we may end up needing to lose one more before we genuinely wake up.

Think the Swans will get up here. Similar to the Prelim final that we lost, we'll be switched off for 3 quarters before realising we actually need to put in an effort to win and storm home in the last but it'll be too late.

There will be 5000 people there to witness it. How ridiculous.

So, the gates open at 6:00 and they unfurl the flag at 6:16. And they say they want to involve the fans!!!
It's also round 2.

Can't believe we didn't get to unfurl the flag, at home, in the first game of the season. It's like we weren't actually premiers last week. It was as just some gimmick

It's also round 2.

Can't believe we didn't get to unfurl the flag, at home, in the first game of the season. It's like we weren't actually premiers last week. It was as just some gimmick

From memory the premier unfurling the flag in the second game of the season is not uncommon. There’s no tradition I’m aware of that the premier always gets a home game first up.

6:16 pm Premiership flag unfurling according to AFL360 just now.
Just so, so, so disappointing at 6:16pm!! I believe in Fly's narrative about bringing the fans along and they have proven that over the last 2 years. The team's theme for the finals was the front line of the Magpie army. So WTF!?!

It should be at 7pm! And it should be INCLUSIVE, LOUD, PROUD, PASSIONATE, HONOURABLE ..... and ...... INTIMIDATING!

1710364431924.png

Just so, so, so disappointing at 6:16pm!! I believe in Fly's narrative about bringing the fans along and they have proven that over the last 2 years. The team's theme for the finals was the front line of the Magpie army. So WTF!?!

It should be at 7pm! And it should be INCLUSIVE, LOUD, PROUD, PASSIONATE, HONOURABLE ..... and ...... INTIMIDATING!

View attachment 1927201
Set the tone for the game ahead.

From memory the premier unfurling the flag in the second game of the season is not uncommon. There’s no tradition I’m aware of that the premier always gets a home game first up.
But perhaps there should be.

Exactly. Only need to look at last year. Cats played us first round at the G. They didn't unfurl their flag for that game.

In fact, the Cats didn't unfurl the 2022 Premiership flag until Round 6 against Grand Final opponent the Swans, in the first match at GMHBA Stadium for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back