Game Day Round 11 vs. Fremantle, OS, 8:10pm Friday 24/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Allan is a certainty to replace Reef - Kreuger is still finding form and match fitness..
So then this goes back to the initial point raised: why was Kreuger then withdrawn from the VFL team as an emergency if he is deemed to still need to find form and match fitness?
I think there is no rational reason why Kreuger should not be selected to play a forward role in place of Reef.

So then this goes back to the initial point raised: why was Kreuger then withdrawn from the VFL team as an emergency if he is deemed to still need to find form and match fitness?
I think there is no rational reason why Kreuger should not be selected to play a forward role in place of Reef.
it is a possibility, but they have been using Allan as emergency for a couple of weeks now, so they may pick him, especially against his Dads club in front of family, we shall see...

What does DVT have to do with a hamstring strain?

Probably nothing, but a bleeding muscle strain isn’t going to be helped by hypobaric environment… if in fact that’s actually what we’re talking about?

You are confusing being tall with playing tall. Take Hawk premiership player Grant Birchall, 194 cm tall as well. Played as a running half back flank. So why are Birchall and McInnes not considered talls where Checkers is? It’s how they play. Birchall and McInnes aren’t strong overhead, they don’t take contested marks or pack marks. Their strengths lie elsewhere. Reef is a good leading forward, leads fast, at the ball carrier, knows when to lead. Reef has xlnt recovery, is a very good snap. But taking big strong pack marks like Travis Cloke or Checkers just isn’t his thing…
Hopefully this is something he can still develop.
He took a strong mark when concussed yesterday.

Bit of extra muscle and some increased fitness, he can be a really decent target. I see potential.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The knowns: Reef and WHE out, and McCreery and ? In. On Saturday already Felt we were short. Apparently, Freemantle have a tall forward line. WHE and Reef were both playing tall, so we need to be looking at adding two talls - probably one as sub. I don’t think that McReery can play either of Reef or WHE tallish forward role - but happy to be corrected. Based on this hyothesis, then two of Mihocek (of course will be picked if fit), Krueger (probably my choice, as sub if Mihocec plays), Dean (so one of the backs can go forward - not my choice, as the backs starting to get some chemistry) and Johnson (unless he has had a mind shift I don’t think this helps either him or us).

The next question is who to leave out. All the rookies/young ones/not so young ones (the new 5 including reef)- I thought were okay. That is Harvey (my first choice), Richards (close second), Sullivan and McCrae (can’t split). Sullivan was in the middle and while looked pretty clean as a mid (is this the role he played, anyway thought it was?) I thought needs to get more of the pill - however, maybe not that simple. Simply, thought Macrae was okay thougt some on here seem to disagree - just needs a bit more strength in the contest - but did some nice handballs and assists.

My ins and outs:
In: Mihocek, Krueger, McCreery
Out: Reef, WHE and Sullivan - Macrae (sub)
Must be close ... 1716103547256.png

Looks a bit more built than what I recall.

While I like the inclusion of Allan, I think he would need to replace a mid (not a tall). So while it would be exciting to see how he goes, I would like to give the current mob a few more games to see what they can do.

Would love to be proven wrong, he goes, plays and is a stand out - however, I don't think he will at this stage be any better than the New 4 or 5. So for me it is a no, but wt.. do I know

Last edited:
Brody. What’s the pressure diff between a domestic plane and ground level?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

”The cabin pressure on the Airbus A319, A350, and A380 is typically maintained at a level equivalent to that experienced at around 6,000 to 8,000 feet above sea level.”
Calculators seem to say air pressure is therefore maintained about 25% lower than at sea level depending on temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back