Autopsy Round 12: Richmond Tigers vs North Ballarat Roosters at Eureka Stadium, 1:30pm Sunday 5th of July

Remove this Banner Ad

From the VFL web site:

RICHMOND 11.9 (75) d NORTH BALLARAT 6.7 (43)

Win/loss: Richmond 3-8 / North Ballarat 3-8

Telling facts: Both sides struggled with the cross wind in the first half, with Richmond scoring the only two goals of the first half. The scoring floodgates opened in the second half, but it was Richmond with four of the last five goals of the game that saw them run out 32 points winners, ending a six game losing streak for the Tigers.

NORTH BALLARAT
Goal Kickers: A. Black 2, A. Hooper , J. Staley , J. Bacon , T. Lockyer
Best Players: , R. Bastinac , B. McKenzie , J. Keeble , L. Kiel , T. Garner , T. Lockyer
RICHMOND TIGERS
Goal Kickers: L. McBean 4, R. McKenzie , S. Lloyd , D. Astbury , M. Dea , R. Gale , J. Aarts , M. Thomas
Best Players: , M. Thomas , M. Dea , B. Lennon , L. McBean , M. McDONOUGH , J. Wall

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for all the updates everyone. I'm happy to see McDonough, Lennon and McBean in the bests. There will be spots coming up against the Blooze.

I hope we don't lose both Maric and Griffiths this week. Has there been any word on Griff?

These are perfect games to play a youngster. Carlton are not Hawthorn. We must reward youngsters for playing well too. Also, has Thomas been upgraded to the senior list?

I think the gws game showed we are a long way from being good enough to go into games with development players and expecting to still win

Has to be the best 22 full stop, they are either in it or they're not

I think the gws game showed we are a long way from being good enough to go into games with development players and expecting to still win

Has to be the best 22 full stop, they are either in it or they're not

Thomas isn't best 22. He butchers the footy far too often in the VFL games I've seen this year. Didn't see today's game but given that Lennon and McDonough were also in the bests and McDonough has been for the last few games, I'd rather see one of them.

Lennon needs some senior game time. Was one of our best today. FFS he was our top draft choice for last year. He needs to be shown some confidence in him by the coaching staff. I know Thomas has been good but he is not our future.
I agree with you. Lennon has been building nicely in the VFL but he needs a chance to show what he can do at AFL level. Some players show more in the AFL than they do the VFL and Gordon is an example of that since he has been re-called to the senior side. Lennon kicked a goal with his first kick in the AFL from a difficult set shot against Melbourne last year in a high pressure situation, so I believe he benefit would from a call up to the senior side and give us some extra class in the forward line. Lambert isn't exactly tearing it up in the forward line at the moment...

IN : Lennon, McDonough, McBean
OUT: Newman, Hunt, Maric

I'll give Lambert one more game.

Thomas isn't best 22. He butchers the footy far too often in the VFL games I've seen this year. Didn't see today's game but given that Lennon and McDonough were also in the bests and McDonough has been for the last few games, I'd rather see one of them.

That's not what ancient was arguing though, he was arguing on the basis of Thomas performing better than Lennon and co

Remove this Banner Ad

Back