Game Day Round 14 - Brisbane Lions vs GWS Giants, Sat 23 June 2018, Gabba, 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
This week's preview is brought to you by the number 10, for our ladder position, and the letter "u", for uncertainty, because for us there's plenty of it.

How are we positioned for the second half of the season? Until the away win to Adelaide, you'd probably say we were in free fall, destined to finish well down the ladder, with all sorts of questions about the list and coaching staff needing to be sorted out.

But when we beat the Crows, and thrashed Gold Coast, we looked very much like the team of 2016. Has our mojo returned? We'll find out in the next few weeks, starting with the Lions on Saturday.

Back in Round 6 we accounted for Brisbane without looking too interested. That kind of attitude would almost certainly be fatal this time, because they've played some pretty good football against quality opposition, notably against Port away from home and some other close calls. In what mood both teams will return from the bye is unknown.

Of course, there's still a bit of uncertainty with all the injuries, with Lobb now rumoured to be out for a month, and no real clarity on Toby. Our other major outs - Deledio, Scully, Williams - won't be back until the last few weeks of the season. We've sort of learned to live without Toby, but if Lobb is out Patton will have to go back to the ruck and just get used to it.

There's not much else to say at the moment. This is one of the ten remaining games we must win if we're to have any chance of making the eight, and perhaps one of the last chances to make up a bit of percentage.

I don't think we'll lose but it's probably going to be much tougher than we think.

In all honesty we should smoke them today. It should be another suns esque drubbing

I know it’s away and I know they have played some good football but if we are making finals then this is another statement game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can these umps cut this s**t out? We are getting pinged for anything and conceded 50’s in a 5 min period, yet Brisbane players gets tackled with the ball after running 10 metres and gets called play on.... ridiculous

Looking at the ball he reckons.. as weak an act I’ve ever seen. Could of killed him. Our structure is gone. 2 weeks give me a spell.
Absolute cat.

Give me a spell if you like too. Plastic.
The main issue is him closing his eyes and turning away just before contact. He shouldn’t have left his elbow up, too.
Always plays like that though.
He will likely get 3.
Doesn’t excuse YOU being a d!ck though?
These things happen in games, mate. Cameron is the last person that would do anything deliberate.
Slink back to your own board.
Love Alistair Lynch talking about it after his infield behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back