Game Day Round 16, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping Mr Ripper has a happy Friday 😊 Go Lions, hope we crush them tonight.

The question about Thursday night football, is do the fans of the vanquished still have their weekend destroyed?

24 hours to heal before it even begins, hopefully we can answer this by polling salty Tiger fans on Saturday. 😁

Hoping to see at least 9 goals from Charlie, Eric & Joe

I love playing against Richmond. They are a tough opponent and even though we have only won two of our last five encounters, you’re only as good as your last game and we won our last encounter. Playing Richmond gives us a chance to stand up and show what we are made of.

Black armbands for Matt Rendell.

I think it would be fitting to remember his contribution to our club by playing with the brilliance, guts and spirit he displayed at Fitzroy.

I love playing against Richmond. They are a tough opponent and even though we have only won two of our last five encounters, you’re only as good as your last game and we won our last encounter. Playing Richmond gives us a chance to stand up and show what we are made of.
One can only hope that we can defend better as a team than the EF last year.
I am hoping that will be the difference in this game.
Lions 96-62 Richmond - sounds like a good result to me.
Go Lions 🦁

Going to the North Fitzroy Arms early to hear Rick Darling to talk about his autobiography, then watching the cricket at the pub with Rick.

Footy on the back TV.

Too much on.

Go Lions
One of the best ground fielders I ever saw, unless my memory is through rose coloured glasses right up there with Ponting and Symonds in that area of the game.

BTW- Lllllllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnsssssssssss!

One can only hope that we can defend better as a team than the EF last year.
I am hoping that will be the difference in this game.
Lions 96-62 Richmond - sounds like a good result to me.
Go Lions 🦁
With the addition of McKenna and Lester, our defensive unit is much stronger and definitely meaner. Payne has hit his straps and Andrews is in All Australian form. The current backline has more rebound capability and better disposal efficiency. Lester has made a massive difference with to our defence when the ball is on the deck and he does the unglamorous job of taking possession, taking the hits and forcing the ball up. He is also playing the ‘backline general’ role beautifully. Rotating Wilmot through the half back line also gives us an extra runner. It also looks far less ‘clanger’ prone. Finally, it is worth noting that Andrews and Payne have ‘adjusted’ and are both playing much closer to their opponents.

2022 Elimination Final Backline:
FB: Gardiner, Payne, Rich
HB: Starcevich, Andrews, Coleman

2023 Round 16 Backline:
FB: Starcevich, Andrews, Payne
HB: McKenna, Lester, Coleman

Team defence over the entire ground has to be something we have been working on. Really looking for the forwards to lock it in and the midfield to tackle hard. Neale’s chase down tackle of Bolton in the dying moments of the Elimination Final was a possible match winner and it sets the bar for tonight.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another great test for us , should the Tigers bring their outside run and carry.
I feel we can stop them at the source before it gets out on most occasions, and we can generate enough scoring to beat these has beens.
On Marlion Pickett.
I am curious to know how someone on bail for multiple burglary offences can fly interstate and play a professional sport?
The Tigers are going to lose my respect as an association representing the game and how it should be represented if he is found guilty.
I'm hopeing he has pleaded to the Richmond club and professed his innocense , cause if they are aware of his guilt then that is something else.
Just my morale opinion , mainly due to all these teens causing havic with very little consequences.

bit surprised we are not using answerth as the sub

he is a pretty good candidate for it
Of all the fit options in the reserves I would have thought he would be one of the better options. Im not a big fan of his ball use, but he can play multiple roles and does impact when he can come on

Of all the fit options in the reserves I would have thought he would be one of the better options. Im not a big fan of his ball use, but he can play multiple roles and does impact when he can come on
I do like him forward of the ball as opposed to behind the ball.
Atleast that way any mistakes are easier to defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back