Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 18 - Baghdad Bombers v Coney Island Warriors at Abdu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 12, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, LA Lakers, LSU Tigers
Screen Shot 2024-05-16 at 3.21.01 pm.png

Round 18
Baghdad Bombers v Coney Island Warriors at Abdu Prison

Current Standings
1715836814466.png

Last Time They Met

These two sides last met in Round 2, with their 8-man strong leadership groups battling it out to not suck. DragoDelph was more prophetic than people would realise.​
It will be a close and exciting game, as both sides will fight hard to avoid being the losers of the league.
=====================================
SIREN SOUNDS FOR THE END OF QUARTER 4
Coney Island Warriors : 17.14.116
Baghdad Bombers : 13.18.96
=====================================

These sides traded blows for most of the day, but in the end the Warriors surged in the last and outran the Bombers for a 20 point victory. Some would argue this set the wheels in motion as the Bombers have gone on to win just 3 of their 13 games this season. A huge disappointment season for a side so recently at the top of the pyramid, even with recruiting star CursingFijian back to the club. The Warriors would try to use this as a launching pad, however suffered a similar fate, with only two wins in their first month and 5-9 overall. The Warriors are essentially out of finals football at this late stage, but can at least use these last few games to try out the young kids, establish who really wants to stick around for the rebuild.

Who to watch (on-field)
The Filth 0 8 2 0 0 0 0 4 4 58 gab213 0 9 1 0 1 0 0 4 5 63

Both forwards has mediocre days last time, neither being able to convert above 50%. Both sides will hope this changes, as The Filth Wizard and gab213 are both capable of kicking a huge BAG on their day. Outside of the goal kickers, Bovo and Paracleet were best on respectively and no doubt will have had their tape studied.

Who to watch (off-field)
42 pages between the worriers and boomers may not have been the most scintillating viewing, but nevertheless Pugsley and Dinsdale led the way off field, with healthy 20+ contributions combing from almost two dozen players.

What it means
Literally nothing. Neither team is playing finals and its a huge shame for both fan bases as being either minor premiers or premiership winners in the last few seasons has set the expectations of these sides high. Tonga Bob and Pugsley will want to take a serious look at what went wrong this year and rebound back into the 8 in Season 38.

Who takes the chocolates
Baghdad typically are a strong force at home with a loud fanbase that lets you know you're at Abdu, but it has quietened lately with the string of losses. Most are ready to sail into the metaphorical tavern/sunset and bring on the new season with vigour. Coney Island also have very little to play for, but pride is still a thing, and no one wants to be the team that loses to the sh*t S37 Bombers thats for sure. They'll give it a red hot crack, expecting a high scoring game that could see saw much like the Round 2 encounter.

Prediction: Coney Island Warriors by 10 points.

Captains, have your teamsheets in by the aforementioned ClarkeM time - and a huge apology from me, I thought both these teams had a bye and misread the fixture schedule. Sorry for having the match thread out so late.

You mean we're actually involved in this round? The bloody league man I swear to God.

1715838688870.png

Thanks for the write up melonhead, better late than never I guess.

Hey Agent93 Ambrose Burnside BEEG Dinsdale FootyGuy13 Frankston Rover Freofalcon Lord_Flashheart Mesc Mofra Moo Ocha905 pantskyle Paracleet Piggy Smalls Purple7x08_24 Raveneyes Reginald Perrin SBYM Smoooothy Snuffaluphagus spudmaster Stokey The Filth Wizard TheInjuryFactory toxic TubbsFarquhar Volbeat zackah look, the SFA have deemed us worthy of our own match thread. You have three days of posting to make up for so get your skates on.

Pugsley tell your team to ditch those losers in the other fred and come over here.

We don't care about finals, we're just here for the love of the game
Ray Liotta Lol GIF

You mean we're actually involved in this round? The bloody league man I swear to God.

View attachment 1990339

Thanks for the write up melonhead, better late than never I guess.

Hey Agent93 Ambrose Burnside BEEG Dinsdale FootyGuy13 Frankston Rover Freofalcon Lord_Flashheart Mesc Mofra Moo Ocha905 pantskyle Paracleet Piggy Smalls Purple7x08_24 Raveneyes Reginald Perrin SBYM Smoooothy Snuffaluphagus spudmaster Stokey The Filth Wizard TheInjuryFactory toxic TubbsFarquhar Volbeat zackah look, the SFA have deemed us worthy of our own match thread. You have three days of posting to make up for so get your skates on.

Also your game is Monday night according to the fixture

Also your game is Monday night according to the fixture
Thank you melonhead, blessed art thou.

The term 'hare-brained' gets thrown around a lot nowadays...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1990319

Round 18
Baghdad Bombers v Coney Island Warriors at Abdu Prison

Current Standings
View attachment 1990317

Last Time They Met

These two sides last met in Round 2, with their 8-man strong leadership groups battling it out to not suck. DragoDelph was more prophetic than people would realise.​

These sides traded blows for most of the day, but in the end the Warriors surged in the last and outran the Bombers for a 20 point victory. Some would argue this set the wheels in motion as the Bombers have gone on to win just 3 of their 13 games this season. A huge disappointment season for a side so recently at the top of the pyramid, even with recruiting star CursingFijian back to the club. The Warriors would try to use this as a launching pad, however suffered a similar fate, with only two wins in their first month and 5-9 overall. The Warriors are essentially out of finals football at this late stage, but can at least use these last few games to try out the young kids, establish who really wants to stick around for the rebuild.

Who to watch (on-field)

Both forwards has mediocre days last time, neither being able to convert above 50%. Both sides will hope this changes, as The Filth Wizard and gab213 are both capable of kicking a huge BAG on their day. Outside of the goal kickers, Bovo and Paracleet were best on respectively and no doubt will have had their tape studied.

Who to watch (off-field)
42 pages between the worriers and boomers may not have been the most scintillating viewing, but nevertheless Pugsley and Dinsdale led the way off field, with healthy 20+ contributions combing from almost two dozen players.

What it means
Literally nothing. Neither team is playing finals and its a huge shame for both fan bases as being either minor premiers or premiership winners in the last few seasons has set the expectations of these sides high. Tonga Bob and Pugsley will want to take a serious look at what went wrong this year and rebound back into the 8 in Season 38.

Who takes the chocolates
Baghdad typically are a strong force at home with a loud fanbase that lets you know you're at Abdu, but it has quietened lately with the string of losses. Most are ready to sail into the metaphorical tavern/sunset and bring on the new season with vigour. Coney Island also have very little to play for, but pride is still a thing, and no one wants to be the team that loses to the sh*t S37 Bombers thats for sure. They'll give it a red hot crack, expecting a high scoring game that could see saw much like the Round 2 encounter.

Prediction: Coney Island Warriors by 10 points.

Captains, have your teamsheets in by the aforementioned ClarkeM time - and a huge apology from me, I thought both these teams had a bye and misread the fixture schedule. Sorry for having the match thread out so late.
I'm asking Bing for the powerball numbers

It's been a while since I've experienced the luxury of an Iraqi prison so I'm pretty excited about this week
I've smuggled in a file with a cake hidden in it, we'll be fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back