Game Day Round 19: GWS vs. Essendon, Spotless Stadium, Sunday 9/8, 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be my little blokes first ever game (he's 3).

Hoping we're within 5 goals at halftime, at which stage i think his attention span may well start to droop which provides the perfect opportunity to miss the 15 extra goals that get piled on in the 3rd qtr.

He'll be stoked if he gets to see "Hep, Joey D and Zach" in the flesh so anything else is a bonus.

That's actually a good part about Spotless. Small ground and you feel nice and up close. Trumps ANZ!

Hoping we're within 5 goals at halftime, at which stage i think his attention span may well start to droop which provides the perfect opportunity to miss the 15 extra goals that get piled on in the 3rd qtr.

He'll be stoked if he gets to see "Hep, Joey D and Zach" in the flesh so anything else is a bonus.
Yeah agree with ^^, Spotless is a great ground to take a little tacker to. Not huge so no crush, and you can get really close.

Make sure you take him to the kids zone. Kids love that area

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

What should happen -

Out: Ambrose, Melksham, Steinberg
In: McKernan, Kavanagh, Edwards

What will happen -

Out: Browne
In: Chapman

Hird has said time and again that he'll drop players and that 'if you don't complete, you won't play'. He hasn't followed though on that for the first 18 rounds (including 80 and 100 point losses to Geelong & St Kilda), so don't see any reason why he would follow through now.

What should happen -

Out: Ambrose, Melksham, Steinberg
In: McKernan, Kavanagh, Edwards

What will happen -

Out: Browne
In: Chapman

Hird has said time and again that he'll drop players and that 'if you don't complete, you won't play'. He hasn't followed though on that for the first 18 rounds (including 80 and 100 point losses to Geelong & St Kilda), so don't see any reason why he would follow through now.

Dropping Steinberg but no Hurley in sight?

Make sure you take him to the kids zone. Kids love that area

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Will do, and cheers mate.

Yep, i figured that spotless stadium would be a good place to start, mind you the Giants bandwagon should (rightfully) be gathering in numbers by now so might not be able to say that for much longer ha!

The swans match round 1 was at night and would have just been a bit too hard with the little guy, so this has worked out nicely to be honest. Fingers crossed for the weather...

Plus, he doesn't need to see me frothing at the mouth and screaming like a lunatic at a carlton game until he's at least 5 haha.

Dropping Steinberg but no Hurley in sight?

Forgot about Hurls.

If healthy, he's obviously an automatic inclusion.

Call me crazy, I feel for Steinberg. He has a fair crack, he's just not quite up to it. Hopefully he can sign a multi-year deal with the VFL team in the off-season.

Myers & Hocking must also be getting close..?

IN : Taking the game on, fast ball movement forward
OUT : Those g09)*(d da)*(*()n sideways backwards kicks in the defensive 50 that just allow the opposition to setup their zone!!!! :mad:
Whoever decided this was the right way for us to go about our football needs to be sacked immediately. I don't think it's entirely Hird but the whole coaching group has obviously come to this conclusion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least Edwards should play this week.. Hirdy likes giving blokes games vs old sides right?

The only somewhat logical aspect of our team selection apparently.

Only had one game in the twos after three weeks off (and 12 weeks off before that second-last game).

Aware of that, but he's better served in the seniors. His big body & leadership gets him a game on that alone, given how threadbare we are in those areas in the midfield atm. You couldn't play Melksham or Obrien ahead of him on what they served up yesterday?? That's where we're at!!

Besides, I'm sure he's had a good build up of work on the track to justify a selection.

I need the lols.

I have an addiction.
It's that feeling you get when you're 5 goals down and part of you is wanting it to turn into an absolute smashing and you don't know why.

I have a problem.

B: Baguley, Carlisle, Gwilt
HB: Gleeson, Hooker, Hibberd
C: Stanton, O'Brien, J.Merrett
HF: Zaharakis, McKernan, Dempsey
F: Laverde, Daniher, Cooney
Foll: Giles, Goddard, Heppell
Int: Kavanagh, Aylett, Hocking
Sub: Howlett

In: Kavanagh, McKernan, Howlett, Aylett, Hocking, Dempsey
Out: Melksham, Browne, Steinberg, Ambrose, Langford, Z.Merrett (inj)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back