Unofficial Preview Round 2, 2023: Swans v Hawks, SCG 1:10pm March 26th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s a strange decision in not playing Brockman or Butler. The lack of small forwards in the forward half is evident. Every time the ball went inside 50 against Essendon it came straight back out.

On paper Bruest and Wingard should be quality small forwards

I know someone who was in the inner sanctum at training on Friday night and said the vibe was crap and everyone seemed a bit lost. We need to get our confidence up early tomorrow night or I feel it could get ugly as heads well hang low. Really hope that Sicily plays with urgency and creativity and leads Braveheart style.

A response is what I’m hoping for. I want to see evidence that last week was an aberration and not the new normal.

Some good all ground defence would be nice as well.
And if we put up a good showing tomorrow, which game was the aberration?

And if we put up a good showing tomorrow, which game was the aberration?
Round 3, followed by round 4.

As long as we show some good signs I’ll be happy. As long as the players keep trying the wheel will slowly turn our way.

I know someone who was in the inner sanctum at training on Friday night and said the vibe was crap and everyone seemed a bit lost. We need to get our confidence up early tomorrow night or I feel it could get ugly as heads well hang low. Really hope that Sicily plays with urgency and creativity and leads Braveheart style.
This is concerning

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that is the exact opposite of what I got told ......maybe the reality is in the middle ?🙂

Wouldn’t mind a team of 18 hardwicks
Would lose by 100+ every week.

Would be murdered in the ruck, at the stoppage, on the outside & in the air.

Wait... you pushing for us to get Pick 1?

I call bs they didnt train friday night.

On paper Bruest and Wingard should be quality small forwards
This is only half the story, though.

When your Half-forwards play as on-ballers (or taggers); &, the opposition half-backs hold their position, you've created a 4-on-6 every time you go inside F50m. Hence, the opposition disrupts every forward entry & rebounds at speed.

Sound like our game last week?

Doesn't matter how good Breust & Wingard are - they can't win in this scenario...

Our midfield needs to battle on its own terms or we're toast - again (& will be every week).

When your Half-forwards play as on-ballers (or taggers); &, the opposition half-backs hold their position, you've created a 4-on-6 every time you go inside F50m. Hence, the opposition disrupts every forward entry & rebounds at speed.

Doesn't matter how good Breust & Wingard are - they can't win in this scenario...

Our midfield needs to battle on its own terms or we're toast - again (& will be every week).
We’ll wear that until we hone our midfield into a unit

We’ll wear that until we hone our midfield into a unit
Playing Moore (HFF) as a mid & Finn (other HFF) as a tagger absolutely kills us - especially when we don't have a KPF (Lewis out).

I dont mind that we did it for a week, so long as we learn from it.

Yep. If we push numbers into the midfield we need the mids to use the ball short and laterally, which goes against the direct and fast approach we saw last year and at times last week. We finally corrected this in the last quarter. It wasn’t as exciting or fluid but at least we weren’t bleeding goals on turnover to their half backs over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back