Preview Round 2 - Richmond vs Adelaide - Saturday the 25th of March 4:35pm @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide have a small forward line and their talls aren't really that threatening and we bring in an extra tall.

We also seem a forward short to me. But I'm glad Mansell is out. Cumberland really must've pissed off Dimma in the offseason. Something obviously happened.
Is the grand wizard playing? He'll probably kick 5 now.

Happy to see Ryan get a gig, have wanted Jack as the 3rd tall for a long time. Miller unlucky, but Ryan has real aerial strength (hopefully his one Q v Melbourne wasn't a fluke). I don't think he is long term just yet and Miller will probably come back in soon enough, but he can go back and have a real crack as a ruckman forward which he has never really done at the lower level and come back in better for it.

Wasn't expecting Cumberland to come in especially when adding another tall forward. He needs to learn his new role, might take a few weeks, but as he has shown, he can turn it one pretty quickly one he gets going.

They must see a fair future in Young, hope he goes well. Thought he was a bit of a plodder, what would I know.

Adelaide have a small forward line and their talls aren't really that threatening and we bring in an extra tall.

We also seem a forward short to me. But I'm glad Mansell is out. Cumberland really must've pissed off Dimma in the offseason. Something obviously happened.

I think we want a more permanent backman, to free up Grimes. We were pretty disorganised down there last week.

Also gives us a ruck forward. My main concern is our lack of pressure to keep the ball in.

Ryan will either stretch them with the extra tall or they’ll all get in each others way and the ball will be flying back the other way. Will be interesting.

Cumberland stiff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting ins. Young replaces Miller, with Ryan forward/ruck instead of Mansell. You'd think we'll be lacking pressure, but I trust the club to make better decisions than me. Perhaps we think Bolton, Cotch and Dusty do in fact pressure enough? Jack had a good amount of tackles against Carlton too, and while I don't know much about Adelaide I assume we don't need someone like Mansell because they don't have a player like Saad? Hope the debutants (Ryan's 0 stat game doesn't count) go well and we smash em.

The balance seemed pretty right to me against Carlton and all we were missing was cleanliness and I50 efficiency. Be interesting to see if this balance is as good/better and we can clean up our entries. 3 tall forwards, hopefully one actually leads for once, and we hit them on the chest. Would think our midfield should be on top, looking forward to Young as I said, from all reports played really well in the VFL last week. Interested to hear others thoughts (melts, less so)

I'm happy to see youngsters get a go. Hope Samson Ryan has a good one, I think Tylar Young selection is just to cover Crows talls, Gibcus would be in if fit otherwise. Cumberland unlucky IMO. Either way happy and hope the you guns seize the moment.
Miller out young in.
?????

Not complaining too much.
Young debut and Ryan game 2.

Are we racing Hawthorn for pick 1?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love our melts but looking at the Adelaide board its even funnier.

Love a good board melt over selections.

I don't see anyone melting.

Just stating the obvious that the team balance doesn't make sense again.

Dimma's stubbornness with certain players hurts our team selection

Very keen to see how Ryan goes. Feel sorry for him after his first game, it was a poor selection, terrible weather for a skinny tall. And has had to wait a long time for his second crack at it.
He looked totally lost that night. He looked like a very different player this past preseason. The noticeable additions of some aggression and a desire to go after the ball plus taking marks left and right was seriously impressive.

He reminded me a bit of Lynchy with his attack on the ball in the air. He looked pi**ed off and ready to knock others out of the way to get to the footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back