Preview Round 2 - Richmond vs Adelaide - Saturday the 25th of March 4:35pm @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

No that's poly waffle. The older players should be on that type of program. The younger guys don't need to be rested after 2 or more preseasons, but need management on game time .
Love how people say its good for there development playing in inferior comp with inferior players! Cumbo came in kicking goals and played one bad game in the final never to be seen again. Now that is good development FMD. This game like last year i smell something bad will happen.

There is no place on Bigfooty for this sort of rational thought. Please try to not use your words.
Well said mate
Almost had to use my mod powers to shut that cowboy _RT_ down

Love how people say its good for there development playing in inferior comp with inferior players! Cumbo came in kicking goals and played one bad game in the final never to be seen again. Now that is good development FMD. This game like last year i smell something bad will happen.
As it stands I can’t really say who he displaces in the side tbh

Still think Cotch and Jack are best 22 and with Mansell out who was the likely candidate who makes way for cumbo if he isn’t quite ready for the mid/fwd split role

Interesting selections.

Clearly match committee expect that as Adelaide Oval is narrower, more aerial contests are to be expected as opposed to more run and carry. Dimma said as much in his pre-game presser.

Also looks as if the ruck combo will be horses for courses and basically broken down as:

Ruck/ ruck - Nankervis/ Soldo
Ruck/ back - Nankervis/ Miller
Ruck/ forward - Nankervis/ Ryan.

Noting the above expectation around more aerial contests; it’s clear that we wanted more aerial capability both up forward and back; which is the why the changes are what they are and are more structural as opposed to earned [though both Ryan and Young have had great pre-seasons by all accounts].

I’d expect that one of Young or Ryan would make way for the sub (I’d go Clarke or Hugo as sub which probably means it’ll be Mansell).

Will be interesting to see. I have concerns around forward half pressure and run off half back, but that may be solvable with some positional changes within the current side (e.g as suggested, Baker forward and Short back). Also expect that we could see the best of Vlastuin as that floating +1/ 4th back.

The dynamism of Rachele and Rankine also concerns me; not sure we have a great match-up for either but expect Broad and Grimes to probably rotate over both at various stages.

Love how everyone wants Cumberland in, but seem unable to comprehend that Dusty & Bolton are the ones he is behind in terms of playing as an attacking goal kicking forward role. At the same time they also can't/won't accept that Cumberland is also reportedly learning a new role that will see him able to play more midfield time and instead float wild theories about why he isn't being played. As for Sonsie not being played, it should be noted that he missed about 4 weeks of training with a hip flexor injury so is probably still building fitness back up. There is plenty of time for both to work their way into the 22 as the season progresses, in the mean time please continue the melts as it's good for a chuckle.
i only had the attention span long enough to read to the comma, so can only assume that you're also upset Cumberland isn't playing, match selection are off their rocker and Dimma hates him because he stole his weed or something

Keen to see big Sampson again looks like he has been throwing plenty of steel around during summer. Didn't Dimma mention yesterday that we have quite a few ruck set ups and Pickett could find his way in there again too?
Yep get it in the young fellas hands early get him some confidence

The minute Dimma said Mansell played a good game, Mansell's position was gone and thank God. He had three opportunities last week to make a name for himself and messed everyone up. Not afl standard at this stage of his career. We're making the same mistake as last year by overlooking Sonsie as he has the polish and class to execute under pressure. Meh and Cumberland should be playing as our forward line lacks his ability to play small or tall and hit contests at full tilt. Anyhow interesting ins and i wish the new selections all the best.
we have 4 points in the bag if we played cumbo and sonsie last week

and this week another cooked dimma selection moment

So much happier to see the pressure that Ryan might bring over the pressure that Mansell brings. Look at the pressure a big tall forward like Harry McKay brings. There will be no double teaming this week, you can't afford to leave Jack, Lynch or Ryan (hopefully) on their own too sag off. We will be able to bomb it long, what we do best to a 206cm mobile target this week, then feed off him. He is also good at ground level and not a bad ruckman.

As far as Cumberland goes, it's been one week into playing a new position, hiding to nothing brining him in after one week. It is only going to make him a better and more versatile player. He'll come in at some stage in the new 3-4 weeks, and hopefully stay in.

So much happier to see the pressure that Ryan might bring over the pressure that Mansell brings. Look at the pressure a big tall forward like Harry McKay brings. There will be no double teaming this week, you can't afford to leave Jack, Lynch or Ryan (hopefully) on their own too sag off. We will be able to bomb it long, what we do best to a 206cm mobile target this week, then feed off him. He is also good at ground level and not a bad ruckman.

As far as Cumberland goes, it's been one week into playing a new position, hiding to nothing brining him in after one week. It is only going to make him a better and more versatile player. He'll come in at some stage in the new 3-4 weeks, and hopefully stay in.
wow cumberland is being played in a new position ? comes in and kicks like 30 goals in no time last year and now old m8 dimma has him in a new position to learn the craft while we drop 4 points that cumbo wouldve won for us last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a fine line picking a winning side whilst at the same time developing your young up and cummers!

Looking forward to seeing Ryan in action. I feel he could really impress. Looks to me like Jack is surplus this week… not sure the role he plays. Also feels like we are missing another small pressure option… but maybe we don’t have one?
When Cumberland came in for Aarts and George it left MRJ as the sole pressure fwd.
I thought we should have started the year with that line up. Give Cumberland other defensive things he has to add to his game over the preseason.
Clarke was okay last year and had a good preseason. He won't be far off.
Good to see Ryan back. It would be better development to be selected last year for a couple of games too.
Hope he stays in for a while.

Geez this is a big game. On paper probably the easiest for us in the first six weeks, so dropping it would really set us back season wise. Will be interesting to see how the Crows bounce after a game in 37 degree heat and six day break - they were brutal conditions in Sydney and will be tough to recover from. We should take the chocolates - but the thought of dropping it makes the month after look really worrying.

Interesting both miller and rossy dropped , both completely cluster ****ed a reasonable straight forward shot on goal going out on the full , not sure dimma saw the funny side of that
Didn't Young get named as an emergency round 1? Seemed like he was in the mix to debut week.
Ahead of Miller

Very interesting selections again this week.

Really looking forward to seeing young Samson Ryan in action, has put on some size and muscle and has had a great preseason, if he gets supply and clunks a few marks early will be great for his confidences as he builds into the match.
Ben Miller was very stiff not to be playing this week, did a power of work last week and run himself into the ground, think his versatility within team structures will be greatly missed as last week, he was playing stints, pinch hitting as a backman, backup ruck and also as a forward.

The knock I have on the debutant (really hope he proves me wrong) Liam Young is whether he has earned his selection / spot in the side this early in the season and whether he is going to be able to effectively shut down one of the big Adelaide forwards when his opportunity on the ground comes (I do understand that he will be playing in a team orientated zone defensive structure).

Mansell was always going to be a 50/50 selection this week, so am presuming that the Tigers may look at the potential option of playing Liam Baker as an extra small pressure forward with MRJ in the forward line, then partnering Short with Dan Rioli off the half back flanks.
Will be happy with with either HRS or Clarke as the medical substitute in the team.

Feeling pretty confident that the Tigers will get their opening win for the season and the 4 points against Adelaide this week, with key factors being extra recovery time between games and the Crows coming off brutal playing conditions (extreme heat) in Sydney last weekend.
Go Tigers...Raise The Fight...Eat Em Alive

Looking forward to seeing Ryan in action. I feel he could really impress. Looks to me like Jack is surplus this week… not sure the role he plays. Also feels like we are missing another small pressure option… but maybe we don’t have one?
If Ryan has a good game Jack's spot in the side becomes a little less secure and it would definitely put a bit of pressure on him to perform.

Hopefully the three of them can work together. Jack's defensive pressure was pretty good last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back