Autopsy Round 3 – Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants, Saturday 7th April 2018, SCG, 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS missing several first 22 players, most importantly key players in back, wing & forward positions. Swans just without Zak Jones, so at home should win this. We will need to play well to grab it - stopping Buddy, and our mids winning the contest battle.

Guess I'll have to steel myself and buy tkts. I really hate the SCG. Almost but not quite impossible to get to. Particularly walking back to central through the inner city late at night. Lousy facilities and to top it all off, full of Swans supporters!

Really hope we get the win, and quietly confident.

As a gameday experience I prefer Manuka. I don't drink there, because the toilet queues are ridiculous. Other than that even with the travel and expense, everything's comfortable and it works.

The outs for GWS are significant and I think it will be a tough contest and the Giants can win if the mids are switched on and also one of Patton or Cameron kicks a bag
I am glad to see Perryman in but see him as being a bit underdone and it will be a tough contest first up but he will get a lot out of the experience as will TOJ and it will be interesting to see if the Swans try and target him after the 2016 NEAFL grand final
Bonar and Shipley must have been close to selection for a debut so it may come before the bye for the two of them and from memory Taranto debuted rd 1 last year so they aren't afraid to get the first year players in early

Such Negativity here. Sure Langdon has been really good but surely if we are a serious contender this year we can cover the loss of a two game rookie. Scully is a big out because of his run but Hopper is a pretty srtong in and would have found his way into the best 22 one way or another. Toby is of course a huge out but all teams will have these issues thru the year. Perryman is a solid in.
Plenty of players have taken a step this year. Taranto, Finlayson, Whitfield, Cogs have been fantastic and heater seems to have found form again.
The Swans from what I have seen are same same, they are very Buddy centric and many of their key players seem down.
We at least a 50:50 chance in this Game and my tips are in .....GWS by 2 goals

Such Negativity here. Sure Langdon has been really good but surely if we are a serious contender this year we can cover the loss of a two game rookie. Scully is a big out because of his run but Hopper is a pretty srtong in and would have found his way into the best 22 one way or another. Toby is of course a huge out but all teams will have these issues thru the year. Perryman is a solid in.
Plenty of players have taken a step this year. Taranto, Finlayson, Whitfield, Cogs have been fantastic and heater seems to have found form again.
The Swans from what I have seen are same same, they are very Buddy centric and many of their key players seem down.
We at least a 50:50 chance in this Game and my tips are in .....GWS by 2 goals
Do you know how Hopper played in the NEAFL ? Was his game time managed ?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

And heres our Trains downer for the weekend.
Any poor souls on these lines will need to bus it, drive or run, really fast.

CITY CIRCLE.

Buses replace trains between Central and Wynyard via Museum.

T1 North Shore & Northern and some T1 Western and T2 Inner West line trains continue to stop at Town Hall and Wynyard.

If you are travelling to:

Museum or St James, change at Central for a bus

Circular Quay, change at Wynyard or Central for a bus

RICHMOND.

Buses replace trains between Richmond and Riverstone.

INNER WEST & LEPPINGTON

Buses replace trains between Leppington and Glenfield, then continue to Liverpool.

Trains run to a changed timetable between Macarthur, Glenfield and Central, platforms 1-15 via Granville, and will not stop at Ashfield. T1 Northern Line trains make an extra stop at Ashfield.

The all-stations trains between Homebush and the City run between Homebush and North Sydney, some to a changed timetable.

AIRPORT & SOUTH

Buses replace trains between Glenfield and Sydenham, and between Sydenham and Central via the Airport.

Buses to Airport stations stop at Sydenham, Wolli Creek, International Airport, Domestic Airport, Mascot, Green Square and Central only.

Trains run to a changed timetable between Macarthur and Glenfield, continuing to Central via Granville.

T3 Bankstown Line trains run between Sydenham and Redfern. T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line trains run between Sydenham and the City.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

No injuries?
2451faf30e8c065055d043f75307efdd.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for the interruption, but I couldn't find any fantasy questions thread on your board. Please move if I've missed it.

Tomlinson and Taranto - is there any reason why they can't they keep up their good fantasy/dreamteam form? Cheers.

And best of luck this weekend - I'm tipping you guys.
Taranto's role might change to more forward time with Zac Langdon out. From Leon's presser I have a suspicion Perryman might play primarily as a pressure forward though. With Corr, Davis and Haynes playing can' see Tomlinson losing his licence to run, playing further up the ground.

Last edited:
I'm bringing the fam to the game, will be packed, apparently genera admission is sold out already. Should be a good atmosphere, I think we need the win more than you guys, we dont really want to go 1-2, still have a few tough games coming up early in the season.
:DNot convinced you have a choice, but we'll see.
We ain't bragging about round 1, just got first dlibs on
the percentage boost the Dog's offer.

Hard to read the form, Pies at the G were always going to be tough for us. Port are a serious Footy team this year I think.

Most importantly 44 fit players after the game whatever the result.

And heres our Trains downer for the weekend.
Any poor souls on these lines will need to bus it, drive or run, really fast.

CITY CIRCLE.

Buses replace trains between Central and Wynyard via Museum.

T1 North Shore & Northern and some T1 Western and T2 Inner West line trains continue to stop at Town Hall and Wynyard.

If you are travelling to:

Museum or St James, change at Central for a bus

Circular Quay, change at Wynyard or Central for a bus

RICHMOND.

Buses replace trains between Richmond and Riverstone.

INNER WEST & LEPPINGTON

Buses replace trains between Leppington and Glenfield, then continue to Liverpool.

Trains run to a changed timetable between Macarthur, Glenfield and Central, platforms 1-15 via Granville, and will not stop at Ashfield. T1 Northern Line trains make an extra stop at Ashfield.

The all-stations trains between Homebush and the City run between Homebush and North Sydney, some to a changed timetable.

AIRPORT & SOUTH

Buses replace trains between Glenfield and Sydenham, and between Sydenham and Central via the Airport.

Buses to Airport stations stop at Sydenham, Wolli Creek, International Airport, Domestic Airport, Mascot, Green Square and Central only.

Trains run to a changed timetable between Macarthur and Glenfield, continuing to Central via Granville.

T3 Bankstown Line trains run between Sydenham and Redfern. T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line trains run between Sydenham and the City.

It's a conspiracy against our supporters!

For the giants a win/loss will come down to attitude. Bring the pressure and defensive running and the rest will take care of itself.

I don’t subscribe to the XYZ (eg Greene) out will determine a win or loss these days. We are at a stage where I back the system and provided we gave a fair chunk of the side available then it’s one out one in and we should expect the W. That’s why I think we will win.

We really only have 3 out of our best 22 mission in Greene, Williams & Scully

Taranto's role might change to more forward time with Zac Langdon out. From Leon's presser I have a suspicion Perryman might play primarily as a pressure forward though. With Corr, Davis and Haynes playing can' see Tomlinson losing his licence to run, playing further up the ground.
Cheers for the insight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back