Game Day Round 3 vs. Brisbane, Gabba, 7:30pm Thurs 28/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been critical of cox for obvious reasons but he’s due a big one, 1 out of 20 games he produces a top shelf performance, it’s time.

He tends to play a big game when he’s under pressure, and with fly challenging the veterans, I’m expecting him to respond.

I’ve been critical of cox for obvious reasons but he’s due a big one, 1 out of 20 games he produces a top shelf performance, it’s time.

He tends to play a big game when he’s under pressure, and with fly challenging the veterans, I’m expecting him to respond.

With the humidity at the Gabba I see him playing a shocker unfortunately. Don't know if his stats up there back it up or it's just in my head

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this yet, but it seems odd that we've seemingly agreed to have this yearly fixture against Brisbane, and yet it's always at the Gabba? Why not back and forth?

Carlton proved them beatable bit it just seems an odd gift.
In the past, I think it became a fixture thing to help out bris and their crowds and $$ around 2018-2020, but surely we need to start to rotate it. They have no issue with crowds now. But I suppose most times we still play bris twice, so still get a home game v them.

Coleman being out with his ACL injury will hopefully make things a bit easier. He can really turn it on if he needs to, so him not being there is a small shred of hope at least.
The issue is most of our playing group are yet to turn up this season. So rather than looking at exploiting weaknesses in the Lions line-up and plotting ways to defeat them, we've have had to get down to basic skills training for our players. Hopefully they can turn the tables with a win.

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this yet, but it seems odd that we've seemingly agreed to have this yearly fixture against Brisbane, and yet it's always at the Gabba? Why not back and forth?

Carlton proved them beatable bit it just seems an odd gift.

Probably something bleeding heart Eddie came up with...I wouldn't be surprised if all proceeds still goto Melbourne's pockets too with the June game.

Typical whining sook campaigners come out of the woodwork on BF as soon as there is the slightest hint of struggle.
Hand in your memberships you weaklings and * off to Cartoon,.

Typical whining sook campaigners come out of the woodwork on BF as soon as there is the slightest hint of struggle.
Hand in your memberships you weak dog rooters and * off to Cartoon,.
Spot on.

Yeah I reckon that rip snorter v GWS was about 20 matches ago so he is due!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember Tom Hafey saying that he was desperate to come to us, but McAllister refused to match the Fitzroy Lions offer, despite Hafey being desperate to get him. If he came to us, 79 and 81 would have been ours:(
Kevin Bartlett nearly joined us at the end of 1977 but the Tigers managed to convince him he had a future with Richmond. Bernie Quinlan had agreed to terms with the Pies at end of 1977 but the board rejected the $$$$. Instead we got Allan Edwards 2 years later on more money than Bernie wanted and despite Edwards having a bung knee. He went to Fitzroy instead. McAllister joined the Pies board in 1982.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah I reckon that rip snorter v GWS was about 20 matches ago so he is due!
Give me a break. Talking of the Giants it was 2023 in the prelim that a certain young man named Cox took a strong grab and kicked the match winning goal in a tough, tense, titanic last term. He battled hard against the Saints last week. He was far from our worst. We are in strife without him. He offers versatility in the ruck and as a target in the forward line. Until we get a big power forward we need his presence.

This issue is, he's not a forward. He showed last year he's a more than serviceable first ruck. Now with DC being the preferred option, we're stuck with the not so good version of Coxy. One of many pressing issues with our team right now.

He’s played like this the last couple of seasons, both he and Pendles turn it on when the game is in the balance.

I still think we need to drop some big name players, to put everybody on notice. We haven’t had too many winners on the field of late.
I don’t know if it needs to be a big name player.
I’d bring Noble back in for Markov.
If Mitchell isn’t capable to sit on Neale and stop his clearance work, drop him.
McInness was crying out for an opportunity and at least played like he was excited to be out there. If Finn doesn’t start, the kid will just drop off losing confidence

Can someone please explain why everyone is suddenly coming after Pendles? He’s been a little down on his best but that is a rather high bar and he’s still been among our better performers I thought. He’s certainly not one of the players I’m most concerned about.
It generates clicks

Can someone please explain why everyone is suddenly coming after Pendles? He’s been a little down on his best but that is a rather high bar and he’s still been among our better performers I thought. He’s certainly not one of the players I’m most concerned about.
No idea, he also come in with an injury leading into the first game, so he was always going to start the season slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back