Game Day Round 3 vs. Brisbane, Gabba, 7:30pm Thurs 28/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
CFC has a long history of penny pinching and missing out on great players, going back as far as Ron Todd, and probably before.
Superboot would have been fantastic in the black and white.
We have akways scimped on KPF's. There was another at the same time as Todd whose bame escapes me. I think he followed Todd to Willianstown. After we rejected Quinlan he we crossed to Fitzroy played CHF, ruck rover and CHB. Played 189 games and kicked 576 goals (bit over 3 goals per game). After the Board rejected Lockett he averaged nearly 5 goals per game for the rest of his career

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Chris Fagan will be tied up for the next two days with Clarkson at the Human Rights Commission conciliation hearings. Not the best way to prepare for a Thursday game.

We have akways scimped on KPF's. There was another at the same time as Todd whose bame escapes me. I think he followed Todd to Willianstown. After we rejected Quinlan he we crossed to Fitzroy played CHF, ruck rover and CHB. Played 189 games and kicked 576 goals (bit over 3 goals per game). After the Board rejected Lockett he averaged nearly 5 goals per game for the rest of his career

Quinlan might have been the difference in 1979 & 1981.

Our depth is questionable atm. We can only hope we bank enough wins in the first half of the season. In the second half we should have freddy and Eyre available and fit, I know it's not much but it's all I got
It’s only questionable because the VFL season is one game old. And they passed the test in that game.

Definitely in terms of talls we need to wait for some to return from injury, but most of our others have 2-3 years in the system now so time to see if they can take the next steps. It’s not as if we have a bunch of 18 year olds.

Jen tweeting DC has gastro, assuming that has come out of the press conference? WHE training as a forward...

Does DC miss and get replaced by Cox in the ruck with WHE trying to play Cox's role forward? Bit short but maybe he, Checkers and McInnes is our best option.

And Nick Daicos training off HBF would tell me that Markov is out and Noble stays out. Mitchell and Fin to play together.

Means another week if no HH too I'd assume.

Of course this is just joining dots together and could be way off.

Jen tweeting DC has gastro, assuming that has come out of the press conference? WHE training as a forward...

Does DC miss and get replaced by Cox in the ruck with WHE trying to play Cox's role forward? Bit short but maybe he, Checkers and McInnes is our best option.

And Nick Daicos training off HBF would tell me that Markov is out and Noble stays out. Mitchell and Fin to play together.

So maybe Macrae to play a full game, Markov out and Noble sub?

Hope he recovers well from it, and he isn't too drained afterwards.

As to the other thoughts, with a Thursday game, thankfully we don't have to wait too long to find out.

WHE moved back during training.

Reckon that DC comes back. If not, we play one ruck and role the dice with that. Begg will not be playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It generates clicks

Completely this. I've been away recently so managed to miss most of the shitstorm that is our start to the season. Arriving back, it's been fascinating to witness the vultures circling our club. 2 examples, Caro Wilson has just reaffirmed what a POS she truly is. Lego Head Brown has come hard at us, yet not a word mentioned about his own winless mob.

Anything good or bad surrounding Collingwood generates click bait, which equals $$. A win Thursday would be hilarious in terms of how the media react to it.

The only journo with a bit of balance has been Jay Clark, who wrote a constructive article on what can be done for improvement. One point i completely agree with is the move of Naicos to HB.

Nick training of HB is the best news i've heard all year!!!
I really hope that means he plays there.

Its no coincidence that he absolutely dominated the comp last year until we tried to make him a mid.

So you are using pre-season as an excuse when the players and the club prior to opening round stated that the players had never been fitter. They returned in pre-season in better shape than ever and all posted PB's throughout pre-season. The club championed wanting to be part of opening round and wanted to support GWS. There was reportedly a financial inducement for us including an extra bye that only the clubs involved in opening round get. We have had a long-term agreement to play Lions on Easter Thursday for which we receive $$$. These games were requested by the club. Maybe we are playing poorly because as all of the footy world has speculated, the other clubs have worked out our game plan. All teams have flooded the corridor, making it difficult for the likes if Crisp, JDG etc to run and carry, and our forward line to lead into gaps. If you do not like the scheduling raise your concern with the club who has requested this for $$$

Teams did this most of last year and we worked our way through it. As we will starting from this weekend.

Those 2 players you mentioned are going no good. It's time some digits were removed from backsides and we switch on.

he is a mid.
Feel this will be debated throughout his entire career!!!

For our side, right now, he's far more damaging and useful off HB IMO.

Gets pushed off the ball too easy in the mid.
Can't really tag him off HB....If you do, you're playing one man down in the fwd line.
Much easier to nullify him at stoppage as a Mid.
All three games have been big bodies against him, who hang onto him and just out body him.

Let him play of HB and just run through the middle anyway.

Feel this will be debated throughout his entire career!!!

For our side, right now, he's far more damaging and useful off HB IMO.

Gets pushed off the ball too easy in the mid.
Can't really tag him off HB....If you do, you're playing one man down in the fwd line.
Much easier to nullify him at stoppage as a Mid.
All three games have been big bodies against him, who hang onto him and just out body him.

Let him play of HB and just run through the middle anyway.
He has been our best mid so far this year. Need two of him.

He has been our best mid so far this year. Need two of him.
I'm not advocating that he's a bad mid.
not at all.

Just seen enough since he went in there full time that we are a worse team.

His weapons are best utilized off HB right now.
I commented on this last year that Jordy & he didn't have the best chemistry.
(please don't quote 1 play in the GF as a rebuttal).

When we were flying last year in the first half of the year, it was Nick of HB that was absolutely brutalizing games.

He's unbelievable in space. But playing inside he doesn't get that.
He's far more easily nullified and his dmg per possession is down.

For us to be better (over the course of a game), Nick needs to kick far more than he handballs.
The best place for this is running off HB.

Can someone please explain why everyone is suddenly coming after Pendles? He’s been a little down on his best but that is a rather high bar and he’s still been among our better performers I thought. He’s certainly not one of the players I’m most concerned about.
I can’t recall a poster on this thread ‘coming after Pendles’.

I like it, but I doubt MC does because they love two rucks and it’s worked for them. If DC goes out Frampton will be the 2nd ruck which I think necessitates a re-shuffle of what you’ve mapped out unless they bite the bullet and have him follow Daniher everywhere. Most clubs are loathe to ruck a defender because of the structure hit. Ours is trash at the moment anyway so why not 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back