Game Day Round 4 vs. Hawthorn, Adelaide Oval, 5:10pm Sun 07/04 (Gather Round)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I’m expecting Hawthron to spank us, if we can actually manage to play well and beat them, reckon we’re officially back in finals contention

I’d be “managing” Pendles and debuting Sullivan next week but I don’t see that happening

Reckon we might go in unchanged

Dropping Fin would be stupid and he needs to be given at least a one month block to properly show his wares

Wait for VFL For In but here are some Players that could be in Trouble:

• Schultz
  • WHE
  • Macrae
  • Lipinski
The only one there that could be dropped is Macrae, but I would give him another game against a young Hawks outfit. It’s tough going against McInerny, Neale and Berry!

Pendles may have a forced week off, I’d be looking to bring Sullivan in at the first opportunity. We need to get more clearances.

Crisp deserves his spot back as well.

Getting Schultz and mcreery up around stoppages is essential, they don’t stop hunting, we need more speed especially if de goey is only going to touch the ball 5 times after half time

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is the Fin obsession finally over? He played about as poor as I expected. Playing a bloke after two weeks as sub was never going to end well. I have a feeling he's the new Dow

You want him to come in and dominate cos he had a good preseason lol

Whole team got murdered in the second quarter

He did some good thing early in the third aswell

He needs continuity and string a few full games together then you can judge him

For some reason I get a feeling the same people calling for Shoota to go out are the ones that were made to look fools in the matchday thread…

In: Steele
Out: Macrae

You know it’s coming and Steele would want to have extracted that digit of his.

Last edited:
Macrae should be given another few games everyone including me has been asking for weeks on end to include him. Yes he finally got a start and was a bit quiet tonight but give the kid a chance let him string together a few games without having to worry about being dropped all the time or starting as sub and see how he goes. Schultz tries his heart out but needs to make more of an impact on the scoreboard hit the post and a couple didn’t make the distance but I think the goals will come. Hosky his play in the last was huge with that big one on one and the follow up to give it to Jamie who then goaled was massive. Also Crisp how much better did he look forward of centre in his normal role with Daicos back to hb. We trialled Crisp at hb last year and it didn’t work don’t know why we done it again his a game and line breaker need him in the middle.

Think the only change is Pendles out either suspended or rested and in comes Sidebottom one would assume. Then someone unlucky will be sub as Crisp will come in. Sub should be chosen out of Hoskin Elliott, Lipinski or Macrae unfortunately will be there

I’d like to see the rotation of senior players out and younger/new players getting a go

What will happen though…

Sidebottom in
Macrae out

Crisp full game

Sub is probably the only position up in the air

And Pendles getting a week could be a factor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pendles may be managed, had the interrupted pre season and 4 quick back ups with 3 interstate, dare say my money would be on him

First time I’ve seen him float a handball, kick into the man on the mark and skirt a contest and it all happened in the one game

For some reason I get a feeling the same people calling for Shoota to go out are the ones that were made to look fools in the matchday thread…

In: Steele
Out: Macrae

You know it’s coming and Steele would want to have extracted that digit that was halfway to his stomach following the St Kilda match!

Edit: it’s been ignored so far, but don’t sleep on Pendles getting a week. The rule changes over the offseason were meant to rule that a suspension. It wouldn’t shock me if there was a stricter interpretation this week.

Wouldn't surprise me if he gets a week but they'll grade it the same way they graded Neale against Carlton. Unless he doesn't have enough star power anymore?

I have the solution to the Hawthorn problem next week. Please, please, please put a stopper on Sicily. Not only does it frustrate the hell out of him, it stems their ball movement. Can't let him have 37 touches and 14 marks again. Where is Tyson Goldsack when you need him!!!

Not sure who does the role, but it needs to be done. An on fire Sicily gives them confidence they can win.

I have the solution to the Hawthorn problem next week. Please, please, please put a stopper on Sicily. Not only does it frustrate the hell out of him, it stems their ball movement. Can't let him have 37 touches and 14 marks again. Where is Tyson Goldsack when you need him!!!

Not sure who does the role, but it needs to be done. An on fire Sicily gives them confidence they can win.

Only if we had 2 Billy Framptons!

So far this season players we have subbed out (Mitchell, Johnson, Markov) have been "managed" or omitted for the following week.

I'm expecting the same for Macrae who unfortunately put in a performance below my realistic expectations and it was one that can't justify his retention when players like Crisp and Sidebottom are sitting outside the 22.

With the addition of mature aged mids like Sullivan and Bytel and continued emergence hopefully of Allan and Harrison I think he's going to find himself back in the pack again.

Howe

Could McCreery play that role?

Could McCreery play that role?

McCreery's too small

Sicily's one-wood is sagging of his direct opponent and intercept marking

Reef will get this match-up ..did an admirable job at bodying Harris Andrews (no less) last night and preventing him from intercept marking, whilst he managed to kick a couple himself

Sullivan must be close to a debut. If anyone watched the Hawks’ last game, it was clear they couldn’t compete with the might of Melbourne’s midfield.

We were good tonight, bar the 2nd quarter. Coincidentally, that was the quarter we lost centre clearances and contested possession by a country mile.

Sullivan has only played one VFL game so far. He’s not going to be the difference between beating and not beating hawthorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back