Preview ROUND 5 GWS GIANTS vs WESTERN BULLDOGS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey GWS guys. Can we please have Callan Ward back?? I thought if I ask nicely it might work :(

Will be a good game and cant wait to see Ward go head to head with Boydy (apprentice vs Master). Hoping for a good turn out although nearly everybody there will be supporting GWS, unfortunately for us. I think it will be closer then what people think but believe GWS's chance for a win this season will come against Melbourne and Gold coast, not the dogs. Looking for a solid effort from both camps and no injuries :)

Goodluck guys cant wait to see how this pans out

Well, Sheeds wasn't lying...

In: Jeremy Cameron, Stephen Coniglio, Toby Greene, Taylor Adams, Sam Reid
Out: Anthony Miles, Rhys Palmer (inj.), Dean Brogan (inj.), Tim Mohr (inj.), Adam Kennedy

Miles rough to be dropped I reckon, Kennedy is probably just a rotation. The three injuries are hopefully more a rest/niggle than an injury.

Cameron, Coniglio and Greene return to the side, while Adams will make his AFL debut and Reid his Giants debut against his former club.

Emergencies are Bruce and Wilson again with Tyson.

So full team is:

GWS Giants
B: Phil Davis, Jack Hombsch, Luke Power
HB: Adam Treloar, Chad Cornes, Tomas Bugg
C: Taylor Adams, James McDonald, Tom Scully
HF: Stephen Coniglio, Jeremy Cameron, Jacob Townsend
F: Sam Reid, Israel Folau, Curtly Hampton
Foll: Jonathan Giles, Callan Ward, Dylan Shiel
I/C: Shaun Edwards, Adam Tomlinson, Toby Greene, Devon Smith
Emg: Josh Bruce, Nathan Wilson, Dom Tyson
In: Jeremy Cameron, Stephen Coniglio, Toby Greene, Taylor Adams, Sam Reid
Out: Anthony Miles, Rhys Palmer (Injured), Dean Brogan (Injured), Tim Mohr (Injured), Adam Kennedy
New: Taylor Adams (), Sam Reid (Western Bulldogs)

Minimal changes for the Bulldogs:

In: Brian Lake, Thomas Liberatore
Out: Daniel Giansiracusa (inj.), Mark Austin

Hi guys,

Is "ïnjured" Sheedy speak for "General Soreness/Rested"?

Good luck on the weekend, think you must be a big chance to break the duck.

You would think that the main worry for us is that Mohr is out injuried
Yep, Brogan is an expected rotation and (in my opinion) could've used a couple more weeks in the twos, and Palmer has been good but can be covered in the middle provided he's not out for too long. Mohr has been great in tandem with Davis as KPDs and is a guy we need on the park every week. As I said, hopefully it's just a niggle or rest...

There hasn't been a weekly injury update since round 3 so there hasn't been much info about regarding injuries.

Hi guys,

Is "ïnjured" Sheedy speak for "General Soreness/Rested"?

Good luck on the weekend, think you must be a big chance to break the duck.
You do get that feeling considering every other team has listed the injury (i.e. 'knee') as opposed to 'injured' - and that may well be the case with Brogan especially.

Are the bulldogs down one tall forward? Mohr could be rested due to that. If not surprised Bruce didn't come in.

We have been playing with Jones, Cordy and at times Roughead up forward. Definitely not lacking in height up forward (the quality of the height at this stage however is another issue)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have been playing with Jones, Cordy and at times Roughead up forward. Definitely not lacking in height up forward (the quality of the height at this stage however is another issue)

Agree our lack of quality entering the forward 50 is the issue we just arnt hitting up our talls so no need to worry there.. You would need somebody to cover our smaller forward/mids like luke D, Djerkura and sherman who are scoring the majority of the goals..

Agree our lack of quality entering the forward 50 is the issue we just arnt hitting up our talls so no need to worry there.. You would need somebody to cover our smaller forward/mids like luke D, Djerkura and sherman who are scoring the majority of the goals..

Maybe that is the ploy then? Make the back line a bit smaller and quicker to help cover them. Be interesting to see if Sam Reid ends up playing in defence.

By the way Dogs fans, thank you very much for Callan Ward, he has been all class for us so far. Easily our best pick up, you should have got tier 1 compo for him :) I will be annoyed if I lost a player like him from my team.

I still fully expect for emergency Bruce to come in and cover for Mohr. Looking at the squad as is, it could be Power being rested. He doesn't have the pace anymore to keep up with a Sherman or Dalhouse.

Why do you think Kennedy got dropped? Rest or to find form?

Kennedy has been sterling at HB, but I noticed he spent a lot of time on the last line of defence helping his FB MOhr, where he was very cool under pressure.
I'd say that Kennedy is being given a well deserved rest, plus whilst playing a few UWS games, will be coached in the finer points of back flank positioning, where he'll play in firsts, from his recommencement.

Have to remember that Sheeds and Williams must throw youngins into the deep end, find their posi aptitude in the Big Time, send em back to seconds for recalibration, then re-enter a bolstered team. :eek:

The Chad out, Josh Bruce in. I thought Bruce might come in but wasn't expecting it to be at the expense of The Chad. With Brogan out that leaves our experience thin and with Mohr gone our back line looks.... well... I suppose it could be worse. I like Josh Bruce a lot though, really happy for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back