Round 5 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Howe to Maynard
Pickett to Butler (WB)

Was going to go Dusty to Simpkin but will give him another week

Only wanted to do the first one but shy of funds.

Want to grab some combination of Young, Serong and Simp

getting Neale absolutely killed my bank but I'm glad I did, he went up another 50k this week...

Naismith to Pittonet
Cumming to L.Butler
he was a spud in the first half too damn

Probably need to look at Coniglo on the block especially with Zerrit missing

also cash generation

especially with Trealor back this week

I give up I think
back in Cogs I think, I am. Cogs said after the game that he was playing as a defensive fwd on Howe and that "the plan didn't work". He also said he didn't perform well and that he would bounce back next week. Don't often hear players say that, so I'll back him in on his work and see if he is a liar or not.

If Trel is back in this week, I'll be interested to see how Tadams is affected. Trel also an option in his own right, he seems like the kind of guy who would do well in shorter games. But have to see a few weeks of him before jumping on.

back in Cogs I think, I am. Cogs said after the game that he was playing as a defensive fwd on Howe and that "the plan didn't work". He also said he didn't perform well and that he would bounce back next week. Don't often hear players say that, so I'll back him in on his work and see if he is a liar or not.

If Trel is back in this week, I'll be interested to see how Tadams is affected. Trel also an option in his own right, he seems like the kind of guy who would do well in shorter games. But have to see a few weeks of him before jumping on.
i didn't see that may just try to generate Cash.
thank you for that

Trel has played two scratches and dominated both so might be back in

some cheaper options:

DEF
152k Butler,L 43.0 (mid)
245k Hill,S 45.0 (fwd)
259k Williamson 49.0
287k Marsh 52.0

FWD
152k Mahony 21.0 (mid)
185k Jones,J 45.0
232k West 48.0
295k Poholke 66.0

RUC
160k Xerri 32.0 (fwd)

MID
217k Serong 60.0

McAsey to butler..rivers becomes D6 and doedee to bench
Brad crouch to Neale- please get tagged and score 70

Fielding Xeri and will cop a 20 or 0. Don’t care anymore
If Xerri survives another week then these are good trades.
I do think Brouch is doing ok and will get better but if it’s the only way to get Neale, do it.
Watching the last 10 min of that game made me realise that Neale is actually unfair. Haven’t thought that about a player before.

If there is anyone out there like me who now has Jacobs soaking up the Sydney sun and doing SFA, is his time done? Is it time to move him on? Sadly he was my original R1, damn that looks even sadder as I type it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there is anyone out there like me who now has Jacobs soaking up the Sydney sun and doing SFA, is his time done? Is it time to move him on? Sadly he was my original R1, damn that looks even sadder as I type it
Yeah trade to Pittonet, assuming Pittonet isn’t already your R2.
If Pitt is your R2 then I guess you have to just hold Sauce until you can upgrade him to Grundy/Gawn/Goldy. Sauce has Ceglar this week, so a bit easier

Yeah trade to Pittonet, assuming Pittonet isn’t already your R2.
If Pitt is your R2 then I guess you have to just hold Sauce until you can upgrade him to Grundy/Gawn/Goldy. Sauce has Ceglar this week, so a bit easier

Yeah, Pitt is my R2 and Ceglar filled R1 last weekend after I swung from the forwards. I have enough cash for either of those 3 above but Grundy would leave me stuff all cash in the kitty.

Yeah, Pitt is my R2 and Ceglar filled R1 last weekend after I swung from the forwards. I have enough cash for either of those 3 above but Grundy would leave me stuff all cash in the kitty.
Stuff the kitty, worry about that next week. The uber priced guys like Neale/Gaff/Grundy/Gawn are barely dropping price and won't for a few weeks yet. Every week you're losing 30-40 points by not having even one of these guys. Neale is rising up fast and will be 950k+ in no time but since your main worry is in the rucks then I would just bite the bullet and get Grundy ASAP. Grundy will eat Bellchambers this week, just get him.

Howe & B.Williams > Neale & Hill

My backline is absolutely terrible but the rest of my team is looking pretty reasonable.

View attachment 902500

Those 30s and 40s are killers this year. I hope I can eventually weed those players out of my team.

Does the change of fixture affect anyone's trades? I was all for Gaff partly because I could VC loop him on Thursday. Not certain now. Maybe I'll still go Gaff VC into Neale C, or Grundy VC into Neale C.

Those 30s and 40s are killers this year. I hope I can eventually weed those players out of my team.

Does the change of fixture affect anyone's trades? I was all for Gaff partly because I could VC loop him on Thursday. Not certain now. Maybe I'll still go Gaff VC into Neale C, or Grundy VC into Neale C.
Yeah you're right, those scores are killers. I dont really have a choice but to back in my cheapies in defence. I was thinking about upgrading Howe but even then my defence would still be weak and it would still be a lottery in terms of which rookies/cows i actually play. Add to that, Neale's price is only going up and may not come back down for a while, if at all! That made it a fairly simple decision as to which trades to make.

Personally, the change of fixture is not affecting my trades. I can understand why they could affect yours but i think there is more going for Gaff, than just the fact he would've been a good loop. I'd only take that into account if i was genuinely 50-50 on which way to go, then being a good VC would come into consideration.

Any thoughts on Parfitt ? 94+88 in 2 games.

Thinking of going Howe-Ridley Daicos-Parfitt

Will have 3 free hits with Brander Brown and King.
Switch to Rivers McInerney Budarick as back up.

Any thoughts on Parfitt ? 94+88 in 2 games.

I strongly considered him. Gaff vs Parfitt, and Gaff won out but mostly due to Parfitt's injury history and doubts as to his consistency. I've got him in AF, though.

Edit: yeah, those trades you've done look great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back