Preview Round 6 2023: GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the arguments regarding Fort and Gunston and the sentimental side of me is on team Fort.

It's one of those things where they both have important, though different attributes.

We are definitely in an era of great depth pretty much everywhere.

Gunston however has superior forward craft, leads away from the others and uses space intelligently, brings a presence of leadership for our other more enigmatic forwards and brings a wealth of finals experience including 4 flags.

So while my heart wants Fort to achieve, my head says we need Gunston to form a strong playing relationship with the other forwards and mids for the pointy end, resting him where appropriate.

Saturday 22 April

Summary

Min 3 Max 21 Sunny. Chance of any rain: 0%

Canberra area

The chance of fog in the early morning. Sunny day. Light winds.
Fire Danger - No Rating

Sun protection recommended from 9:40 am to 2:20 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 5 [Moderate]

Saturday 22 April

Summary

Min 3 Max 21 Sunny. Chance of any rain: 0%

Canberra area

The chance of fog in the early morning. Sunny day. Light winds.
Fire Danger - No Rating

Sun protection recommended from 9:40 am to 2:20 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 5 [Moderate]
Bit of smog floating around at the moment. Was a bit hard to breath during my lunch break today. Hopefully it clears up tomorrow.

I understand the arguments regarding Fort and Gunston and the sentimental side of me is on team Fort.

It's one of those things where they both have important, though different attributes.

We are definitely in an era of great depth pretty much everywhere.

Gunston however has superior forward craft, leads away from the others and uses space intelligently, brings a presence of leadership for our other more enigmatic forwards and brings a wealth of finals experience including 4 flags.

So while my heart wants Fort to achieve, my head says we need Gunston to form a strong playing relationship with the other forwards and mids for the pointy end, resting him where appropriate.
As an aside Sauce... why are you always shouting? ;)

Gunston's there to play imo , forget about the teaching BS.

Daniher's in his 11th season , Hipwood , Cameron ,McArrthy are all mature players. Even Rayner's been around long enough .Every club has a conga line of coaches.

He's there to provide a leading target and kick straight. And hopefully a cool head if things get tight.

But if our forwards haven't worked out where to go and what they need to try and do by now they never will.

Good players intuitively have the capacity to set up and implement effectively. Sometimes it takes a little time. We have the right mix of experience with a bit of youth , an older experienced guy out there is fine if he's the best player for the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back