Autopsy Round 6, 2024 : Hawks skittle Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Chol
2.2, 7 score involvements, 6 marks, 5 tackles.

Morrison
26 disposals, a goal, 6 intercepts, 6 score involvements, 3 clearances.

Macdonald
24 disposals, 1.1, 10 marks, 8 score involvements.

Impey
22 disposals, 6 intercepts, 4 score involvements, 7 inside 50s, 8 rebound 50s.

Nash
32 disposals, 8 score involvements, 10 clearances, 8 tackles.

Newcombe
32 disposals, 9 score involvements, 9 clearances, 6 tackles.

Scrimshaw
20 disposals, 7 intercepts, 5 score involvements.

Geez I could keep going, everyone played well today except maybe Hardwick but even then he did well with his pressure and chasing up forward.

Well done Harry… seems to always have to earn his spot a lot more than anyone else.
He does mostly the right things at the right time. He gives consistent effort.

Many good efforts today. Scrimmers steadied us early. Jars super hard at it. Duke found some mojo.

Gunners made such a difference to our structure. Chol again worked his arse off.

And of course our igniter. Moore should be our captain. Gives his all… all the time.

Today is a relief. Some players back and maybe we can regain some respect going forward.

Bit of an old school footballer in a way.
Just gets by on effort and footy smarts without any fancy athletic tricks.

As a result, I hope he's smugly sitting in the changerooms tonight completely starkers with a beer in hand. Deserves his moment.

So wonder what happens now with Ramsden and Ward?
With Gunston and MOrrison playing well?
For me Morrison and Gunston need to be in this team. With day and Lewis to come back as well, it’s not going to be easy for Ward and Ramsden. Ward really should be able to force his way in ahead of Huss and Maginess though if he can get some form at VFL.

Winning form is good form, I think the lads needed that to get the monkey off their back.

Makes you think how different our season could have gone if we had off kicked straight against Essendon?

Frost is definitely having a career best year but we shouldn't overlook how well my man Scrimmers is playing.

He's been an absolute rock at CHB, hasn't played a bad game all year IMHO.

I think thank goodness you got the footy and they didn’t.

He went head to head with LDU and won that contest comfortably.

32 disposals, 8 tackles, 10 clearances
It's a great game - but what worries me is when don't play a rabble what are the results going to be.

The moment he was 30m in the clear - zero pressure - and butchers an inside 50, uuuggghh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People crapping on with it’s just a win v no opposition. Spare me, better wins than GWS and Freo v the same team, this year.
Enjoy every win and highlight the positive vibes from some of our players who performed well.

First quarters by Gunners and Morrison when the usual shaky start happened, will hopefully show the coaching panel that their experience in the heat of the moment is worth so much to such a young group.

Once Gunston scored that first goal, a virtual collective sigh amongst the whole team was had, and away they went.

Last edited:
I think North have PPs in this years draft at the end of the first round? But I still think the AFL can review them?

Hope they don’t move them forward.

North traded them for extra picks last year.

The AFL may now decide they need even more help, which will once again push our picks back.. (Sigh). Oh well, we take the win

North traded them for extra picks last year.

The AFL may now decide they need even more help, which will once again push our picks back.. (Sigh). Oh well, we take the win
Surely the idea behind giving them 2 x future firsts for this draft (on top of the 2023 First) was that they wouldn’t get any more. The afl is such a shambles though so wouldn’t put it past them.

Frosty is so good.
Love that guy.
Has a touch of the Gary Busey’s about him but my word he gives it everything.
And Gunners was there when the whips were cracking.
That’s leadership.
Hot Dog GIF

Frosty consuming the feedback from all and sundry.

Still to watch the second half as we went out for dinner - but based on the end stats and his first half form, I’m glad Morrison made all those who have him as whipping boy status a nice serving of humble pie with a side helping of a bag of dicks.

While it helps that Norf were deplorable and would probably get beat by a handful of VFL sides at times - bottle that second quarter and add some polish and it would be very enjoyable watching that on a weekly basis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back