Preview Round 6: Essendon vs Adelaide, Adelaide Oval, Friday 19/04/24 @ 7:40 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
VFL game is 11:40am @ Tullamarine tomorrow, I assume they're likely to fly back this evening if unneeded?
Pretty much.

Not a huge fan of the Tsatas inclusion.

Would prefer to keep seeing him learning his craft and addressing issues at VFL level, playing as an inside mid. I’d like to see him play the way he needs to play for a good 10 game stretch at that level.

Not sure what the plan is but if he’s playing wing, forward or as the sub then I don’t see the value. Maybe Caldwell won’t play and he does see midfield minutes….but could Hobbs not absorb those?
Who else are you picking from the vfl? I’d prefer if he could too tbh but we aren’t flush for choice: he has to step Up

I just hope Tsatas isn't the sub. Start in the 22, if necessary sub him off but don't make him sit 3 quarters on the pine.

I think we have a good advantage I50. Their tallest defender (Worrell) is a stick and is still giving away 10 cm and 12 kg to Draper. 6 and 8 to Goldy. Plus he's more of a Ridley type than proper KPD.

Need to isolate as much as possible.

VFL game is 11:40am @ Tullamarine tomorrow, I assume they're likely to fly back this evening if unneeded?
I doubt they fly back tonight. Assume in the morning, not sure when the boys would fly out in the morning if they are planning on getting them back in time to play, but it’s not an ideal preparation.

I doubt they fly back tonight. Assume in the morning, not sure when the boys would fly out in the morning if they are planning on getting them back in time to play, but it’s not an ideal preparation.

They'll know by the first bounce if the emergencies are needed, there's flights out around 9:40pm that get them back before midnight, or flights from 6am tomorrow that have them down before 8.

They've done this before from Sydney I'm pretty sure.

Didn’t know that ade haven’t beaten Ess for 7 years now. How freq had Ess travelled to ade?
Game is a real opp to get some consistency with consecutive wins but
Ade at home with some momentum after their first win (glad it wasn’t against Ess) just puts them ahead slightly.
Ess win tonight and Anzac Day looks very promising.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why we are taking caddy, Davey etc to Adelaide. Would’ve thought some more continuity at vfl would’ve been beneficial

I kinda like the idea of them hanging around the AFL team for a little bit. They're probably unlikely to play any senior footy this year, I'm glad they're emergencies - let's them not they're not far off. We were also obviously extremely short of options.

They'll know by the first bounce if the emergencies are needed, there's flights out around 9:40pm that get them back before midnight, or flights from 6am tomorrow that have them down before 8.

They've done this before from Sydney I'm pretty sure.

They're also 20 and professional athletes. I don't think a late(ish) night or early morning is going to bother them too much. Agree it's not exactly ideal prep, but just being in that real AFL environment would have it's benefits.

he'll be replacing a forward, and as far as i can tell he's only been played in defence (or is primarily a defender)
He's been playing wing for us so far.

I think we have a good advantage I50. Their tallest defender (Worrell) is a stick and is still giving away 10 cm and 12 kg to Draper. 6 and 8 to Goldy. Plus he's more of a Ridley type than proper KPD.

Need to isolate as much as possible.
Keane will take the resting ruckman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back