Preview Round 2: Sydney vs Essendon, SCG, Saturday 23/03/24 @ 7:30 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get the Menzie hate, he's a 21 year old who kicked 23 goals last year (2nd most for us) in a side that isn't flush with small forward options and has struggled with forward pressure. He's good for a goal a game which is more than can be said for most of our forward options atm.

Give him a good run and see whether he can show some improvement this year while guys like Tex and Daveys x 2 build some form to see if they can displace him.

Don't get the Menzie hate, he's a 21 year old who kicked 23 goals last year (2nd most for us) in a side that isn't flush with small forward options and has struggled with forward pressure. He's good for a goal a game which is more than can be said for most of our forward options atm.

Give him a good run and see whether he can show some improvement this year while guys like Tex and Daveys x 2 build some form to see if they can displace him.
I'm a Menzie fan, kicks goals.

No doubt, they need to win the game still, hopefully we make it as uncomfortable as possible.
We have had some unexpectedly close games up there. Last year for example… I’m not a statistician but a sample size of one says it could be close.
I think (ok hope) we’re a better team this year. Sydney probably better as well.
(Not risking my footy tips though)

Go Bombers!

Last year
Sydney has survived an almighty scare from a fast-finishing Essendon outfit, holding on for a two-point win in the latest thriller between these two teams amid Lance Franklin’s latest injury scare.

The Bombers trailed by a massive 37 points during the third quarter, but six-goal forward Kyle Langford and four-goal forward Peter Wright led the fightback.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heeney, Warner, Gulden, Rowbottom and Parker all played in our win over them in 2022 and in our close finish against them in 2023. It'll be essentially the same this time for Sydney with the exception of Parker.

However with our backline decimated and it being at the SCG, I'd say it should be a comfortable win for the Swans. Just hope we make it competitive.

In- S.Draper, B.Hobbs, N.Hind
Out- Z.Reid(Inj), M.Guelfi(Inj), M.Redman(Sus), H.Jones(Omit)

B- J.Laverde B.McKay J.Kelly
HB- N.Martin N.Cox A.McGrath
C- S.Durham W.Setterfield E.Tsatsas
HF- A.Perkins K.Langford J.Stringer
F- J.Menzie P.Wright J.Gresham
FOLL- T.Goldstein B.Hobbs Z.Merrett
I/C- J.Caldwell, D.Heppell, S.Draper, X.Duursma
Sub- N.Hind

Emerg- N.Caddy, N.Bryan, D.Shiel, A.Roberts

In- S.Draper, B.Hobbs, N.Hind
Out- Z.Reid(Inj), M.Guelfi(Inj), M.Redman(Sus), H.Jones(Omit)

B- J.Laverde B.McKay J.Kelly
HB- N.Martin N.Cox A.McGrath
C- S.Durham W.Setterfield E.Tsatsas
HF- A.Perkins K.Langford J.Stringer
F- J.Menzie P.Wright J.Gresham
FOLL- T.Goldstein B.Hobbs Z.Merrett
I/C- J.Caldwell, D.Heppell, S.Draper, X.Duursma
Sub- N.Hind

Emerg- N.Caddy, N.Bryan, D.Shiel, A.Roberts

You also have Laverde in.

Just a fun game to watch is what I'm hoping for as I can't watch it live id like to see a good replay and not skip it entirely.

Perkins backing up for another big game, maybe draper providing some spark, Tsatas maybe showing something, Gresham continuing some good form.
Just would like some signs.
Swans run hard and use the ball very well so at the very least it shows the players the level.

Sydney play fun footy so if we can not be blown out of the water it should be a good game to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back