Preview Round 6: Essendon vs Adelaide, Adelaide Oval, Friday 19/04/24 @ 7:40 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Every Essendon coach over the last 10 years discovers the art of tagging the best mid at least a year into their tenure which results in an upset.

And then in like 5 rounds they forget it. Let's see if Brad suffers from the same selective amnesia that previous coaches suffered from.

Was Durham even tagging? I'd have said he's a naturally defensive player and was starting with Bont at stoppages, but not a hard tag by any means.

We've just lacked naturally defensive players to know how this actually looks.

Was Durham even tagging? I'd have said he's a naturally defensive player and was starting with Bont at stoppages, but not a hard tag by any means.

We've just lacked naturally defensive players to know how this actually looks.
You're right it wasn't a hard tag, but it was enough to take Bont completely out of the game.

I've been following Essendon since 2004/2005 so to me, what Durham did is a haaaaaaard tag compared to what we usually see. It's all relative.

Every Essendon coach over the last 10 years discovers the art of tagging the best mid at least a year into their tenure which results in an upset.

And then in like 5 rounds they forget it. Let's see if Brad suffers from the same selective amnesia that previous coaches suffered from.

Durham was not tagging him. He just beat him.

Durham beat him to the ball and was very much an offensive playmaker.

Bont needed to tag him.

Beat him hands down.

We need Goldy playing ANZAC Day, don't care how it happens but, make it happen.
The man has earned the right to play in front of more people in one game than his previous 20 years at Norf.
So far he has been awesome for us and has more than held his own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not dropping Goldstein, it's resting him before a 6 day break Anzac Day.
Draper and Bryan can handle O'Brien. Who is Adelaides 2nd Ruckman anyway??

Don't really carry a 2nd ruck man. O'Brien accounts for 95% of hitouts.

First 4 rounds we used Burgess a little bit and last week we used 193cm Gollant as pinch hitter and Tex usually takes some ruck contests inside forward 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back