Captains Round 6 VC/C

Remove this Banner Ad

With it being a bye round it means captain choice is even more important - I did a deep dive into a dilemma many of us are facing with Bont vs Steele VC. I discovered a trend that I think is really important and I was tempted to not post it but I figure how many people are really reading this anyway?

The Dogs are incredible at stopping opposition mids scoring high.

You won't find this on the stats sites like DFS unless you flick through the scores yourself because whilst they do allow mids to score, the midfielders score is spread across many players, they dont let you get a captainable score. Lets look at the mids scores for the year against the Dogs.

Round 1: Petracca 119, Oliver 105
Round 2: Touk 115, Flanders 102, Rowell 99, Anderson 98.
Round 3: Kelly 104, Yeo 82
Round 4: Bowes 90, Atkins 69
Round 5: Merrett 108, Durham 101, Duursma 101, Caldwell 83

Not a single score you'd be happy with having a VC on for the entire year. Now this is all with Liberatore. Without Liberatore raises a lot of questions, and of course this is only a trend, Steele could still go huge. Rowell was head to head with Libba so perhaps Libba is the only reason for the low scores? It's hard to say. But how does Bont go without Libba?

3 most recent Bont without Libba samples

R23, 2023: 162 (West Coast defeat Bulldogs)
R22, 2023: 116 (Hawks defeat Bulldogs, Libba subbed off half way through 2nd quarter)
R18, 2021: 93 (Gold Coast defeat Bulldogs, Bont had 36 touches, but 15 clangers!!)

After these games we get into 2020 territory which I'm not touching for obvious reasons. What to take from these 3 games aside from the dogs losing all 3 to worse teams? Well Bont absolutely should've gone 150+ in the 2021 game, and did go 150+ against West Coast. A 2/3 sample size is pretty low but it's enough for me to believe that Bont can go huge without Libba. Given the above 2 points I'm going to VC Bont, as the trend suggests Steele will be lucky to go +120.

For anyone curious, my captain is Merrett.

Adelaide vs Mids:

Round 1: Rowell 155, Touk 137, Anderson 129, Flanders 128 (need I say more?)
Round 2: Parfitt 102, Holmes 95
Round 3: Young 132, Serong 125, Brayshaw 97
Round 4: Petracca 140, Sparrow 90
Round 5: Walsh 166, Cripps 110, Hewett 105

VC Luke Jackson if Darcy misses, Downhill skier against the Weagles rucks

C Heeney or Sheez
Questionable choices IMO. Jackson has been bog average the last couple of weeks, and Grundy couldn't ton up against the weagles.

I expect Finn will be wearing Sheez like a glove on Sunday.

Saints mids are all noted taggers. If i am Ross i am sending Windy with instructions to get in between the ball and Bont all game.

Naicos and Green have both been taken out. Bont is next. I would put money on it that he won't ton but i hope he does as i own him.
St Kilda vs mids:

R1: Dangerfield 134, Holmes 112, Atkins 90, Bruhn 84
R2: Pendles 100, Josh Daicos 99, Naicos 54, Titch 48
R3: Merrett 131, Caldwell 99, Duursma 82, Parish 80
R4: Ross 101, Taranto 92, Dusty 85
R5: Kelly 104, Green 72

Hard to get a good read as really the Pies, Tigers & Cats mids have no SP's except Naicos. Essendon have Merrett who did great & GWS have Green who did poorly. But this is balanced by Danger posting 134 against the Saints.

Really it can be broken down to

Win: Green 72, Naicos 54
Loss: Merrett 131, Dangerfield 134

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clohesy, trade in, make captain, end thread.

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

whatre the cons of C Heeney this week?

saw ppl were keen on that early on but not anymore

Remove this Banner Ad

Back