Game Day Round 7, 2023: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide *WOOD 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back on the big stage :moustache:

Great chance to show the league our up tempo brand and hopefully get more primetime slots when the rest of the fixture is announced.
Big fan of the 2:30am thread creation.

Should add I don't know if I'm confident or not. The boys are so consistent this year but Port is the ultimate banana peel.

Feels a bit weird how this game has come around so quickly, mind you I'm not complaining. This one feels more important than it probably is. We're on top of the ladder at 5-1 after starting the season with basically half our reserves team playing against some of last year's finalists. Pretty easy to say absolutely no one saw this start coming, but here we are.

Looking at the teams for this game and current form, we understandably go in favourites. I was worried last week that after the pies game we'd be in trouble against the blues , but the team showed a maturity beyond it's years and experience to play out a professional victory. And that again is what is needed this week. To win the games we should win.

It's starting to get a little harder to ignore the hype train. To go 6-1 on top of the ladder with upcoming games against lower ranked teams and Max King only a few weeks away, well, I think I need to calm the f*ck down and not get too far ahead of myself, but it's getting more and more difficult.

People say well yeah, settle down dude, we were 5-1 last year and look what happened. I'd say you all would have to agree it feels different this year, definitely seems more sustainable. If we can beat a longtime bogey side in Port it'll go a long way to setting up the second half of our season, and we should be looking at some primetime games then too.

Come on boys, keep the ball rolling. Saints by 24. 😍

Big fan of the 2:30am thread creation.

Should add I don't know if I'm confident or not. The boys are so consistent this year but Port is the ultimate banana peel.
I'm going, and I'm more confident this week, but the trauma of being beaten by poet Adelaide so often us getting to me. Lol.

We basically haven't been out of any game this year. It's a nice feeling. Even if port are up for it I expect us to hold them close and be in it late in the game.

Another game into Steele and members, Wilkie Doogz and batts to have a better game than last week. And we're all just counting down to the game that Po kicks 5. Friday night sounds like the right time :D

Feels a bit weird how this game has come around so quickly, mind you I'm not complaining. This one feels more important than it probably is. We're on top of the ladder at 5-1 after starting the season with basically half our reserves team playing against some of last year's finalists. Pretty easy to say absolutely no one saw this start coming, but here we are.

Looking at the teams for this game and current form, we understandably go in favourites. I was worried last week that after the pies game we'd be in trouble against the blues , but the team showed a maturity beyond it's years and experience to play out a professional victory. And that again is what is needed this week. To win the games we should win.

It's starting to get a little harder to ignore the hype train. To go 6-1 on top of the ladder with upcoming games against lower ranked teams and Max King only a few weeks away, well, I think I need to calm the f*ck down and not get too far ahead of myself, but it's getting more and more difficult.

People say well yeah, settle down dude, we were 5-1 last year and look what happened. I'd say you all would have to agree it feels different this year, definitely seems more sustainable. If we can beat a longtime bogey side in Port it'll go a long way to setting up the second half of our season, and we should be looking at some primetime games then too.

Come on boys, keep the ball rolling. Saints by 24. 😍
Mayo much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is an enormous game for us. I reckon we’re up for it. Saints by two goals in a tight contest. Starting to have faith in this mob again.
i am too worried to have complete faith. but i am going to the match!!!!

Hope the midfield get their hands on the ball early in the game, as we didn't do it well in the last two games but got away with it in the end..but we won't get away with it for too long. Still think we will win by a few goals.

To be honest I haven't seen a lot of Port this year. Their results seem pretty hot and cold, seems at their best they are pretty good (beat Sydney and Brisbane).

Saints just got to stick with the plan. 5 day break will test them.

Saints win, Ports 2nd half last week was just steady against WC both scoring 7 goals a piece, WC more then matched them.

If we were still under Ratts I'd say this would be 50/50. Much more confident with the Boss in charge. I think they'll test us physically but we'll get the job done by 2-3 goals. The short break is the only concern.

Get to 6-1 with North to come and we'll be sitting pretty. Tonight's an important game in that sense.

Interesting that Ross reckons he overcoached us in the leadup to the pies game (then went the other way last week)

I have a feeling that we might come out a bit sluggish tonight- hopefully if that happens it's only minor and we reel them in

Interesting stat in The Age today - we have conceded the least points in the time on period of quarters this season.

How many times in the last few seasons did we leak a goal in the last minute or two of a quarter? - infuriating!

I took the lid off on Sunday night…

billy madison GIF

10 goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back