Discussion Round 7, 2024 (Anzac Round): Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

clearly not you so piss off

Lol, a bit unhinged, you're right though, I don't care about rugby league tops in an Australian football jumpers design thread, couldn't give a s**t about the sport. I'm sure there is a thread over at league unlimited for your mate.

Screenshot_20240418-182349_Chrome.jpg

Lol, a bit unhinged, you're right though, I don't care about rugby league tops in an Australian football jumpers design thread, couldn't give a s**t about the sport. I'm sure there is a thread over at league unlimited for your mate.

View attachment 1963148

Give it a rest mate. This board is all about designs, not just AFL (and it doesn’t matter what the board titles are called). If the discussion includes other sports to make a point it is fair to do so, and has always been that way.

Don’t like it, then just ignore the post and move on. Otherwise, there are plenty of other places you can go.

Give it a rest mate. This board is all about designs, not just AFL (and it doesn’t matter what the board titles are called). If the discussion includes other sports to make a point it is fair to do so, and has always been that way.

Don’t like it, then just ignore the post and move on. Otherwise, there are plenty of other places you can go.

Just noticing this place is filled with trolls from a particular sport these days. Bigfooty I mean.

Just noticing this place is filled with trolls from a particular sport these days. Bigfooty I mean.

Have a look at how long those replying to you have been here. Every single one has at least 4 years on you. Don’t make assumptions about any of us.

View attachment 1963148
I'll hold your hand on this one
1713438146914.png
Footy Jumpers AND Graphic Design. Meaning all areas of graphic design be it anything sport or not. Drawing upon other sports and leagues and how they've approached designs good and bad is an everyday occurrence on here so I'm sure you'll hate this place.

Ordinarily I would have paid it no mind but you had to go out of your way to add nothing to the conversation while bringing another contributor down.

Watched about two games of Rugby League in my life so yeah not sure where that's come from

Have a look at how long those replying to you have been here. Every single one has at least 4 years on you. Don’t make assumptions about any of us.

You've been here a long time I see that, I also see from your posting history you have no interest in afl, either does your mate posting the nrl stuff, so it makes sense you're upset at it being called out.

I'll hold your hand on this one
View attachment 1963353
Footy Jumpers AND Graphic Design. Meaning all areas of graphic design be it anything sport or not. Drawing upon other sports and leagues and how they've approached designs good and bad is an everyday occurrence on here so I'm sure you'll hate this place.

Ordinarily I would have paid it no mind but you had to go out of your way to add nothing to the conversation while bringing another contributor down.

Watched about two games of Rugby League in my life so yeah not sure where that's come from

I wasn't referring to you being a troll despite you having a sook about it, I know you have an actual interest in the sport as I see you post elsewhere. I was referring to the characters above. * we get nrl shoved down our throat enough with the saturation media coverage and their fans and media shitting on our sport everywhere they go, wouldn't mind posting in an AFL jumper design thread without having their s**t sport intentionally dropped into the conversation too. For what it's worth my original post was in another thread then got moved anyway.

You've been here a long time I see that, I also see from your posting history you have no interest in afl, either does your mate posting the nrl stuff, so it makes sense you're upset at it being called out.

1) Hahaha, I'm not upset at all by being called out (if that is what you call what you have said), because why would I get mad at someone that doesn't have a clue about this board and how it runs. I am only telling you to give it a rest because you have come in here all guns blazing having a go at genuine members of this board who are bringing actual beneficial, relevant, and worthwhile content and posts.

2) I have no interest in AFL? Really? I've been on this board, one that you point out is an AFL one, for 16 years. Yeah good on ya with those baseless and clueless assumptions.

3) Sure I might post more on other sports, but that means nothing about where my interests lie. Maybe it is a benefit of being from a non-AFL dominated state, or, that I like all sports. And perhaps I like to bring other elements to the board, because I can, it is a graphic design board after all, not just all AFL. And certainly not because AFL isn't an interest to me (also go back and look at my design portfolio, plenty of AFL stuff in there over those 16 years). Plus as an added bonus for you, check my resume (in my signature), 2 real life international AFL team designs to my name, I think that says a bit.

1) Hahaha, I'm not upset at all by being called out (if that is what you call what you have said), because why would I get mad at someone that doesn't have a clue about this board and how it runs. I am only telling you to give it a rest because you have come in here all guns blazing having a go at genuine members of this board who are bringing actual beneficial, relevant, and worthwhile content and posts.
I went into the afl new jumpers for 2024 thread, it got diverted to here for some reason. If you had an interest in the sport and stepped outside the design thread, you'd realise you have a lot of your mates on this site now pretending to be afl fans, but dropping in 'nrl' in practically every post, almost like they are promoting the sport, in amongst subtle digs at our sport on an afl forum.

2) I have no interest in AFL? Really? I've been on this board, one that you point out is an AFL one, for 16 years. Yeah good on ya with those baseless and clueless assumptions.

Well I had a look at 10 pages of your posting history and didn't see one post about the footy, it's a pretty outstanding effort on an AFL site to never actually mention your club or anything about the actual sport itself other than some designs.

3) Sure I might post more on other sports, but that means nothing about where my interests lie. Maybe it is a benefit of being from a non-AFL dominated state, or, that I like all sports. And perhaps I like to bring other elements to the board, because I can, it is a graphic design board after all, not just all AFL. And certainly not because AFL isn't an interest to me (also go back and look at my design portfolio, plenty of AFL stuff in there over those 16 years). Plus as an added bonus for you, check my resume (in my signature), 2 real life international AFL team designs to my name, I think that says a bit.

Congrats, my mrs is a designer too so I know the industry and respect it. Just pointing out there are a lot of annoying little trolls on here from your home state that are now being called out. I'm not the only one sick of them popping up everywhere these days.

I wasn't referring to you being a troll despite you having a sook about it, I know you have an actual interest in the sport as I see you post elsewhere. I was referring to the characters above. * we get nrl shoved down our throat enough with the saturation media coverage and their fans and media shitting on our sport everywhere they go, wouldn't mind posting in an AFL jumper design thread without having their s**t sport intentionally dropped into the conversation too. For what it's worth my original post was in another thread then got moved anyway.
yeah look you're right, Craegus who has run countless AFL-based design competitions over the years, contributes to discussions surrounding AFL uniforms and who he himself watches AFL has no actual interest in AFL, 100% spot on!

Nothing about that post even so much as hints at "shoving NRL down our throats", it was simply commenting on how some NRL teams have approached ANZAC guernseys in much more clever ways. It's got nothing to do with the supremacy of either sport. We know Australian Rules is better so why even be insecure about it? Also where are you seeing NRL media coverage in Victoria? You're lucky to even see a weekly mention in the papers and good lucky to even know someone who goes to Storm games, otherwise it's virtually non-existent.

Just get on the waters mate, the black label stuff does more harm than good

I went into the afl new jumpers for 2024 thread, it got diverted to here for some reason. If you had an interest in the sport and stepped outside the design thread, you'd realise you have a lot of your mates on this site now pretending to be afl fans, but dropping in 'nrl' in practically every post, almost like they are promoting the sport, in amongst subtle digs at our sport on an afl forum.

I honestly don't care what people post elsewhere on BigFooty. On here if it is a design reason to be mentioned then there is no issue, that is the main point of me telling to to give it a rest, and continues to be the point.

Well I had a look at 10 pages of your posting history and didn't see one post about the footy, it's a pretty outstanding effort on an AFL site to never actually mention your club or anything about the actual sport itself other than some designs.

Hmm, I follow both Sydney and GWS, and I do believe I posted their new away design just a few of my posts ago. So yeah sure I don't post about AFL (and before you say it, 1 post is more than enough, when I choose to post when I feel it is relevant and want to post). And anyway it is my right to post or not post about teams I follow or not, or in whatever thread on here I want.

Just pointing out there are a lot of annoying little trolls on here from your home state that are now being called out. I'm not the only one sick of them popping up everywhere these days.

Well again I don't care what people do on the rest of the boards that is their choice, and those boards decision to accept the posts or not, if you don't like it on there, go and post about it on those boards. You are not wanted in calling anyone out on this board for reasons that just don't fly here. Design is design, no matter what sport, or what thread, if the discussion warrants the post then it is all good as it benefits the discussion about design. Sorry let me say that again so you get it, design discussion on a design board when it fits the discussion (i.e. ANZAC design = ANZAC design no matter the sport).

And again, if you don't like it, leave and take your opinion about it elsewhere, we are fine without you.

Hmm, I follow both Sydney and GWS, and I do believe I posted their new away design just a few of my posts ago. So yeah sure I don't post about AFL (and before you say it, 1 post is more than enough, when I choose to post when I feel it is relevant and want to post). And anyway it is my right to post or not post about teams I follow or not, or in whatever thread on here I want.
Yeah like I said, you have never posted about footy, ever, that i can see, other than design related jumpers across all sports Inc afl, but never about the actual sport itself. How do you think the swans will go this weekend? Your analysis please, if you know the difference between a football and easter egg that is. I don't particularly care that you only post in design threads, I just found your reaction to me sick of nrl trolls on this site amusing whingeing, so looked into your posting history and it lead me to believe you're another nrl fan getting around here flying the flag.

Well again I don't care what people do on the rest of the boards that is their choice, and those boards decision to accept the posts or not, if you don't like it on there, go and post about it on those boards. You are not wanted in calling anyone out on this board for reasons that just don't fly here. Design is design, no matter what sport, or what thread, if the discussion warrants the post then it is all good as it benefits the discussion about design. Sorry let me say that again so you get it, design discussion on a design board when it fits the discussion (i.e. ANZAC design = ANZAC design no matter the sport).

And again, if you don't like it, leave and take your opinion about it elsewhere, we are fine without you.

Are you the admin for this thread?

Nothing about that post even so much as hints at "shoving NRL down our throats", it was simply commenting on how some NRL teams have approached ANZAC guernseys in much more clever ways. It's got nothing to do with the supremacy of either sport. We know Australian Rules is better so why even be insecure about it? Also where are you seeing NRL media coverage in Victoria? You're lucky to even see a weekly mention in the papers and good lucky to even know someone who goes to Storm games, otherwise it's virtually non-existent.

Basically anything news.ltd including their national top 10 in Australia website news.com.au is 70/30 nrl and biased as all *. Have a look at the telegraph site and it's anti afl rhetoric, Sydney radio, media and go on social media and see all the leaguie w***ers on there shitting on our sport. They pop up everywhere, it would be good not to have them on an AFL forum too is all. It was a simple comment of who cares about nrl, then got redirected into a more design specific thread, which appears to have upset our Sydney based friends that never post about footy and only design. I'm enjoying the banter though 😅.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah like I said, you have never posted about footy, ever, that i can see, other than design related jumpers across all sports Inc afl, but never about the actual sport itself. How do you think the swans will go this weekend? Your analysis please, if you know the difference between a football and easter egg that is. I don't particularly care that you only post in design threads, I just found your reaction to me sick of nrl trolls on this site amusing whingeing, so looked into your posting history and it lead me to believe you're another nrl fan getting around here flying the flag.

With respect, this is a bit of a mindboggling argument and I'm not sure why you're so touchy about it. I'm going to leave it up for the sake of it being a bit of a self-own considering Craegus has been here just about longer than any of us. He's certainly not a "blow-in" or anything like that.

As for the moving across of posts, I did that when separating out the Anzac design from the large catch-all New Jumpers thread. Whenever anything is worthy of its own thread or deviates too far off topic, those posts get moved to either an existing or new thread. I've moved off-topic discussions to 'other sport' threads before, but the magnitude of what you were complaining about is so small that it was not worthy of any interference.

To your point: from an outsider's perspective, it can sort of be a bit jarring to come in to this board and not witness any trolling or s**t-stirring or general tomfoolery. I get that the default position is to think someone is winding everyone up. But I've always maintained that this is perhaps the most cohesive, like-minded and respectful board on BF, and 99.9% of posters on here do the right thing. I'd like to keep it that way. Thanks.

I actually never would’ve imagine such a simple fix would look so good on this jumper. Surprisingly the red looks less out of place when there’s the blue on top, but even in terms of the base design without the ANZAC stuff, this is a massive improvement. I still wouldn’t take it over the current clash jumper (I’m sure most would agree here too) but there are matchups where none of their kits create a perfect contrast (vs Hawthorn for example) where this would be a ripping 4th kit. Good stuff!

With respect, this is a bit of a mindboggling argument and I'm not sure why you're so touchy about it. I'm going to leave it up for the sake of it being a bit of a self-own considering Craegus has been here just about longer than any of us. He's certainly not a "blow-in" or anything like that.

As for the moving across of posts, I did that when separating out the Anzac design from the large catch-all New Jumpers thread. Whenever anything is worthy of its own thread or deviates too far off topic, those posts get moved to either an existing or new thread. I've moved off-topic discussions to 'other sport' threads before, but the magnitude of what you were complaining about is so small that it was not worthy of any interference.

To your point: from an outsider's perspective, it can sort of be a bit jarring to come in to this board and not witness any trolling or s**t-stirring or general tomfoolery. I get that the default position is to think someone is winding everyone up. But I've always maintained that this is perhaps the most cohesive, like-minded and respectful board on BF, and 99.9% of posters on here do the right thing. I'd like to keep it that way. Thanks.

All good I respect that, glad that there are non troll related threads in Bigfooty still and that you have a nice cohesive community in here 👍.

My first thought with the silhouette was 'stock image', but I actually think it may be a vectorised overlay... it's just that the vectorisation is really poor. It looks like someone has just run an auto-trace and called it a day. Lines missing for no reason, a random boxy chunk out of the guy on the right's leg...

What gives?

Screenshot 2024-04-19 17.46.18.png

My first thought with the silhouette was 'stock image', but I actually think it may be a vectorised overlay... it's just that the vectorisation is really poor. It looks like someone has just run an auto-trace and called it a day. Lines missing for no reason, a random boxy chunk out of the guy on the right's leg...

What gives?

View attachment 1964095
poor bastard stepped on a mine

What gives?

View attachment 1964095
That is embarrassing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back