Game Day Round 7, 2024 : Hawks v Swans, 4pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gunston needs to play out his career at Box Hill.

Offers zilch.

Ramsden as sub is so moronic.

I thought we needed his forward half leadership, but at this point, we need to start building for 3 years from now, not this year.

It just feels so far off the end product. We need to blood games into our forward halves.

The worst part of this season is the number of good players who are playing significantly worse than they did last year. Those two have the greatest gap.
That’s the biggest concern right now. I was quite excited about seeing those players continue where they left off last year with some good wins and competitiveness. WTF has happened???

On the positive side, Meek has been good again and Moore has tried his arse off to provide some sort of leadership.
Moore back to his best the glandular fever must of had a impact early.

Moore,Ginny,Watson,Wingard is a good smalls brigade.

Very frustrating because we should be 3 goals closer. Baffling umpiring and poor kicking for goal have hurt us along with our s**t hand balling skills. We would have to be the worst side in the comp at handballing yet we continue to overdo it.

Frenchie, Worpel, Meek, Newk and Moore can hold their heads up but the rest have been pretty average.

This could be a 100 point loss if we don’t pull the finger out. Time to get Ramsden in and one of the smalls off. We are getting killed in the air.

The way we're handballing through the contest is a problem, pressure just seems to come onto each receive until it's turned over or we rush a kick. Need to find an avenue to space / draw more swans to the inside. they can just hang off us knowing that s few tackles will turn it over, Hopefully someone smarter than me can work out how to fix it over half time. :D

What other forwards at BH do we have?

Sullivan? Bennetts?

Tried Butler - he isn't the answer.

Lewis, Wingard and Wiz are all close & Sull is not far off either

This forward half has still not found its correct mix, so hopefully Mitch sees this game as the need to experiement further. This combination just isn't working.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game is a lot closer than the score suggests is the only saving grace to the performance. I thought we were on top of them in general play the last quarter. We were able to lock it in our forwardline for a significant time.

We've been shafted by the umps inside 50 only for it to sail over the top for an opposition score. There's been close to a 36 point turn around (Newk not getting the high fend off free, Chol with his brainfart, Gunston with his 'front on push').

Lucky to be only 7 goals down imo. Midfield selling each other into trouble or over complicating things. Got me ****ed what some of them are thinking when running forward with the ball. That said the forward line offers next to nothing. The captain in career worst form though I'll cut the backline some slack.

Our forward line is so wasteful that it doesn’t matter what we do elsewhere on the ground. Our inside 50 efficiency is woeful, not to mention our kicking accuracy when we do take a shot.

Unfortunately, unless we’re playing the worst backline in the league then our forwards are apparently unable to assert themselves on the game.

Oh, well. A frustrating year. Next year will be as well, I fear, as this forward line is a long, long, long way from playing post-season quality ball.

Really poor half after what was a decent first 10 minutes. We gave up some easy goals, had a netball umpire decide to pay a contact free as we kicked a goal and then they went down the other end and scored. Sucked a lot of momentum and belief out of the side. Second term was no better, felt a lot like the Scum game where they just kicked goals from everywhere whilst we couldn't hit the side of a barn. Finally got a second quarter goal only for the ump to decide to prevent any momentum shift. Pressure has been okay but we are easily drawn to the contest and they are easily clearing the ball.

And I'm not saying we are behind because of umpires, absolutely not the case. My issue is that at critical times we have had really soft decision cost us goals and both times they went down the other end and goaled. Demoralising.

Sydney have done well to rebuild their list, but they have been gifted a string of academy players year on year.

Pretty easy to rebuild a list when you pluck pre-screened draft talent regardless of ladder position. I know it's a broken record, but the draft is so compromised now, the AFL cannot act surprised when Melbourne teams like us and Norf cannot climb, if we always access the draft after some random interstate team.

We just need to grab as much high talent as we can in the next two-three years before Tassie swallows up the draft all-together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back