How did you rate the Umpiring?

• Bad on both sides

• Very much favoured Adelaide

• Worst umpired game of the season

• Worst umpired game ever

• Didn’t notice the umpiring really

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpire 19 should not be umpiring Collingwood games in my opinion.

Remember Round 2 the dangerous tackle on Elliot? He was the controlling umpire who called "play on". The other ump had to call the free kick.

The prosecution rests your honour.

They're seriously begging for a lawsuit here by defending the indefensible. Murphy only just returned to playing after an off-ball concussion from the Saints, now they're defending this s**t because all 4 umpires "had their view blocked"? No, it was garden variety incompetence and/or bias that caused the error.

They're seriously begging for a lawsuit here by defending the indefensible. Murphy only just returned to playing after an off-ball concussion from the Saints, now they're defending this s**t because all 4 umpires "had their view blocked"? No, it was garden variety incompetence and/or bias that caused the error.

"Good news! We've investigated ourselves and found that there was no wrongdoing on our behalf"

- The AFL after every umpiring schamozzle ever.

The league on Monday admitted a free kick should have been paid to Murphy and proper process was not followed with the blood rule, but didn’t mention the missed free kick to Johnson in the goal square. (That was also Maggot 19)

But on that call, Meredith explained that the controlling and mid-zone umpires both had their views obscured. (Wrong. There are pictures with Maggot 19 having a clear view of the incident.)

“Even though we do have four (umpires) out there, that (a blocked line of sight) still can happen,” he offered. ALL FOUR OF THEM????
(Amazing they can see a tug of a shirt from the other end of the ground but can't see a guy get his head knocked off.)

“That’s just unfortunately what happened. Could we have put it sort of together a bit and said perhaps he got him high there? Maybe, and sometimes that’s what you can do. (We bringing guessing into our adjudication now?)

“But the umpire in that spot didn’t get a good enough look at it and our next mid-zone umpire just hasn’t got across far enough to have a good look at it as well. (Rubbish Meredith)

Maggot 19 was also the controlling umpire with unobstructed view when Motlop threw the Saint to the ground and got suspended the week before. He called for a ball up.

That's four incidents where 3 of them were classed as dangerous acts and one was a walk up free kick and goal from 3 metres out. He's obviously not learning and is not very good at umpiring.

I have heard the weasel has been given a holiday from the AFL, can anyone confirm? He clearly isn’t up to it.

I think the umpiring department rate him highly given the number of first bounces that he gets. Unless I am confusing him with someone who else.
I used to be good at that back in the day, practiced around never and rarely fked it up lol, TBH it’s a s**t part of the game IMO, bounce at the start of every qtr at most.

I’d rather umpires trained on other parts of the game if ya know what I mean.

The league on Monday admitted a free kick should have been paid to Murphy and proper process was not followed with the blood rule, but didn’t mention the missed free kick to Johnson in the goal square. (That was also Maggot 19)

But on that call, Meredith explained that the controlling and mid-zone umpires both had their views obscured. (Wrong. There are pictures with Maggot 19 having a clear view of the incident.)

“Even though we do have four (umpires) out there, that (a blocked line of sight) still can happen,” he offered. ALL FOUR OF THEM????
(Amazing they can see a tug of a shirt from the other end of the ground but can't see a guy get his head knocked off.)

“That’s just unfortunately what happened. Could we have put it sort of together a bit and said perhaps he got him high there? Maybe, and sometimes that’s what you can do. (We bringing guessing into our adjudication now?)

“But the umpire in that spot didn’t get a good enough look at it and our next mid-zone umpire just hasn’t got across far enough to have a good look at it as well. (Rubbish Meredith)

Maggot 19 was also the controlling umpire with unobstructed view when Motlop threw the Saint to the ground and got suspended the week before. He called for a ball up.

That's four incidents where 3 of them were classed as dangerous acts and one was a walk up free kick and goal from 3 metres out. He's obviously not learning and is not very good at umpiring.
Yeoshuey, posted a page ago with a video clip of Elliot being head slammed in round 2 which umpire 19 called play on. Clearly umpire 19 has NFI on the rules of the game but more importantly NFI about player welfare

Back