Round 7 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

* it, I'm copping the zero. Not like I'm a chance of getting anywhere near the top 1000 anyway. Bringing in Thurlow for Hunt and Isaac Smith for Sloane. Watch Smith go and do his hammy this weekend now.

I think gonna just cop a donut but did ne one notice that simpson isnt named ?

Worked out how not to cop a donut..
Simpson > titchell salem to def
Anderson to either amon dick or some rookie in defense

Think I've finalised my trades for the round. Newton and Sloane to Duncan and Yeo. With so few quality rookies available I think I might bring in some mid pricers and chase BEs. Still, both (particularly Yeo) have a chance of being keepers and have a great bye round.

Think I've finalised my trades for the round. Newton and Sloane to Duncan and Yeo. With so few quality rookies available I think I might bring in some mid pricers and chase BEs. Still, both (particularly Yeo) have a chance of being keepers and have a great bye round.

Smart.

I'm trading out the same players and trying to decide between Duncan, Yeo and Mitchell to come in.

Leaning towards Yeo and Mitchell as I already have Selwood in my mids (try to avoid multiple players per team in each line) and doubt Duncan will be a top 8 or 10 mid by year's end.

Smart.

I'm trading out the same players and trying to decide between Duncan, Yeo and Mitchell to come in.

Leaning towards Yeo and Mitchell as I already have Selwood in my mids (try to avoid multiple players per team in each line) and doubt Duncan will be a top 8 or 10 mid by year's end.
Duncan and Yeo have much break evens, job security and bye rounds than Mitchell. Yeo also plays Gold Coast tomorrow. That said, I could easily bring in Mitchell next week. He has an awesome DT game.

Duncan and Yeo have much break evens, job security and bye rounds than Mitchell. Yeo also plays Gold Coast tomorrow. That said, I could easily bring in Mitchell next week. He has an awesome DT game.

It's the DPP of Mitchell and Yeo that is attractive though as they will eventually be moved to FWD and DEF respectively.

Went this week:
Started with 50k
Mcintosh to Schade
Vandenberg to Rockliff. Maybe a week early on rocky, but have some other things to fix in my side so don't want to miss out on him.
Left with 45k in the bank.

Next week I get rid of Bellchambers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bringing in Ebert, and Duncan for a little yolo.
Went this week:
Started with 50k
Mcintosh to Schade
Vandenberg to Rockliff. Maybe a week early on rocky, but have some other things to fix in my side so don't want to miss out on him.
Left with 45k in the bank.

Next week I get rid of Bellchambers.

It's a good feeling not having Bellchambers!

Grundy/Stef Martin combo = gold

I am contemplating 2 different trades. Will def not get a zero..

Trade 1:
Hunt > Armitage/Martin
Glenn > Stretch (He looked good last week)

Trade 2:
Hunt > Duncan/Mitchell/Priddis
Glen > Stretch/Kelly/Lever

Trade 1 gives me a super premo, Trade 2 gives me a fallen premo/cash cow when it is hard to make money. Decisions, Decisions.

Im copping the Glenn donut. Seems a waste to trade him out with -1 BE and only on an ankle injury but it could bite me.

Next week Rich and McIntosh go up and down and hopefully I can grab Rocky but you never know. Worst comes to worst I double down.

Structure is in place.

Interesting Simmo is out. I'd say he's a must trade as he's playing badly and we dont know why or how long he is out for

I am contemplating 2 different trades. Will def not get a zero..

Trade 1:
Hunt > Armitage/Martin
Glenn > Stretch (He looked good last week)

Trade 2:
Hunt > Duncan/Mitchell/Priddis
Glen > Stretch/Kelly/Lever

Trade 1 gives me a super premo, Trade 2 gives me a fallen premo/cash cow when it is hard to make money. Decisions, Decisions.
If it was me- I'd be going option 2.

I'd be going to Duncan; much higher scope for a 120-130 score, you might have to take a 70-80 every now and then though. I also think Duncan's price will rise now that Geelong are playing him in his preferred outside role. Priddis will probably get you 90-100 each week. he gets good tackle numbers, but doesn't hit the scoreboard enough so won't have many games above 110. He doesn't have many bad games though, so would be a set and forget kind of guy.

It's a hard choice though. I see why you are troubled...

In the end it looks like I'm going -

McIntosh -> Birchall
Hunt -> S.Martin (via DPP)

Shifted Salem down back and Bellchambers into the the forwards for now to grab Martin. Just think he's at a good price at the moment (dropped 47k off starting price) and fits my bye structure really nicely. Leaves me with 45k for next week. Ideally next week will be -

Saad/Clark/McCarthy -> Rockliff and Byrne.

Depends on scores this week and B/E for those guys. I'd rather keep Saad and trade Clark and McCarthy but it depends on how Saad is going injury wise.

Steve J has finally got his first decent score, he had dropped plenty and I would have thought he might be a target but no one seems to be trading him in. Well I have gone Newnes > Steve J & Saad > Thurlow
No coverage in the mid but should have Lewis back next week.

So how my trade plans have changed, I went into the round with 485k in the kitty and I had some grand plans, first I thought of getting in Boyd or Mundy in for Taylor Hunt now I really couldn't decide on who and that was not in a good way, Mundy has hit his peak price and really he's not going to average 118 all season his price will drop and his bye clashes with a lot of my top players (Pendles, Heppell, Fyfe Parker, Swan and Mitchell). So another Docker would make the byes even harder and I simply couldn't get on Barlow if Rocky isn't ready next week or something else happens to the poor bugger. Boyd created a few more headaches for me, I would really like to be able to upgrade him but he does play Freo and with a B/E of 108 I do have doubts whether he'd be able to get that against the Dockers.

Now the other trade I was planning was getting rid of the one Nic Naitanui who's been giving me head aches since I picked him up and it would have been a good chance to bring in Stefan Martin but I've decided to give him another shot as he owes me big time and does have a good record against the Suns, he averages more against Gold Coast than any other side, he scored 116 & 112 the last two times he's played them. Don't let me down Nic Nat. In all honesty too I also thought that I can trade him to Kreuzer after the bye as the Blues have the first week off and he should be back either just before or the week after, Where as I wouldn't trade in Martin and then downgrade him.

So that's the trades I opted not to do so when I'm raging about Mundy, Martin or Boyd scoring 150 you'll know why. :D;)

And these are the trades I've opted to go with:

Trades.png

Man I wish I went with Kelly over Glenn last week but oh well. Now yes I know Kelly has already jumped 100k and as I said I wish I was on him earlier but he has a B/E of -15 which is lower than any other Fantasy player and I'm praying he can pull out another score like last week. Hunt, you did generate me some decent coin and scored some good scores early on but with those last two scores you've got to go.

Now there's so many question marks on Tom Mitchell but his last two weeks have been really good, his B/E is 53, Heeney been out will help his job security and he is named on the ball. So whilst there is a big risk on him there is a lot of pros and some times you've got to risk it to get the biscuit. McCarthy was a good round one selection, the cow has generated a lot of money but it's now time to cash in.

Kelly should score the same as Hunt, Mitchell is a real upgrade but probaly the best thing is I've still got 461k sitting in the kitty and yes it's a lot of money to not use but I couldn't wait another week on Kelly and Mitchell, a lot of people have more money for that just sitting there with Lewis or Hodge on their bench anyways and with Rocky still been a week away I thought this is the one time I can justify having so much money sitting there.

Now that I'm saying this watch half my team get injured this weekend so i can't do my planned trades like most weeks but this will set me up to trade Newton or even another rookie to Rocky who I think should be ready next week as long as he scored 115+ which he should and then turn McIntosh to Boyd as well with the other cash I'll have left over. That would leave sitting quite pretty!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back