Preview Round 9, 2023: Brisbane Lions vs. Essendon Bombers, Saturday 13th May, 7:25. Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My good mate who comes with me each week to the gabba is a bombers fan. He normally barracks for us unless we play the dons. Not sure it's gonna be a nice night.

Jake Kelly out as well. Big outs for the Bombers. Surely Ah Chee or Cockatoo get the sub vest this week.

Kelly is also a big out for them considering the other defenders missing.
He most likely would have gone to Charlie.

Hope the Zorko decision does not backfire considering we were not desperate for players.
We are going a different way to the Cats, Chris Scott said in a presser that Dangerfield will be out for a week longer than when he is ready to play.

Zorks is fine. He wouldn't be playing. Yes it's happened before. Doesn't mean it will again.

Rich after round two pulled up fine and then wasn’t listed on the injury report and then was out for two weeks for an injury. The second week was against undefeated Collingwood after we had a deflating loss against the Dogs. If we felt no need to rush Rich back then I trust that the medicos wouldn’t do it against Essendon.

Also when Zorko brought it up midweek he mentioned how the recovery progressed incredibly quick after the initial evaluation. It wasn’t the same hamstring that set him back in preseason so it wasn’t like he was rushed back in last time. I feel like the stars aligned for his recovery.

I think I jinxed it now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah I'm on board.

Lester cementing his spot was the missing piece.
100% CORRECT. I’ve watched the Carlton game a couple of times now and Lester’s spoiling, hard grunt work and capacity to get the ball out from on the deck are exceptional. He is poised and a leader. All those people who erroneously claimed he was slow have also been proven wrong. Hard gut running to give an option, running to spoil and running to get to contests, intercept marking and the Saucey Merrett FIST 👊 have been the hallmarks of his games this season. IN FROGGY WE TRUST!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah absolutely, not saying a 5050 split but if Cam did 7 or so centre bounces a game it would be both great development and protect Dunks who just doesn't know the meaning of protecting himself
I reckon a decent bit of mid time will do to him like a bit of ruck has lifted Daniher.

Updated Squigle after team ...

Brisbane Lions
Brisbane Lions 103 - 72 Essendon
Essendon
(was 101 - 79)
Gabba (QLD)
HGA:
Brisbane Lions
+6.8 pts
Ins/Outs:
Brisbane Lions
+10.0 pts

While 31 points is nothing to be sneezed at and would bump our percentage up to around 125 I think we can do better!

GO LIONS!
plane crash GIF

Channel 7, Hodge on Zorko selection
Lions need Zorko more so at the end of season.

They wouldn't be playing him if he wasn't fit and we are so far away from the end of the season that it doesn't matter if he does another soft tissue now. We can't just keep him in cotton wool until then.

Or can we?

My good mate who comes with me each week to the gabba is a bombers fan. He normally barracks for us unless we play the dons. Not sure it's gonna be a nice night.
Hopefully none of his siblings have kids, that might get really bad

In the Covid ravaged 2020 season and when Richmond played Geelong in the GF at the Gabba, I had the pleasure of sitting next to a very pleasant gentleman who was a Bombers supporter.

Before that, I had this almost pathological hatred of all things Essendon.

There are good and bad supporters in every club.

I hope you have the good grace to console your good mate after we take his team to the cleaners

Would just have to assume it was never really a tear. If it was a 2-3 week injury then suddenly he seemed fine after 1 week, you go conservative and give him a second week off. He’s 34yo and has been doing hammies. And we are playing a depleted Essendon. So it must have been a tightness??

Anyway hoping for a solid switched-on performance. I want minimal lapses and Essendon to be kept below 65 points. I don’t subscribe to our defence as a weakness but general lapses are. North put 5 on us in the first quarter. Blues kicked a few quickly in the first and made us uncomfortable in the last. Giants all over us for a while in the last. Dees we had an excuse. Port no comment.

Doesn't seem any point at all playing Zorko in a game like this unless he was 100% so can only presume he is.

I'm fully on the Sharp and Lester bandwagon now. The selectors have twisted my arm.

They've got some big outs. Don't see how we don't massacre them.

I suppose stranger things have happened but nothing presently springs to mind.

Jarrod Berry is a saint. No idea how he didn’t lose his s**t in an interview with Dermott

Dermott’s on AFL360 tonight with Kath Loughnan.

he’s interviewing Jarrod Berry, and asking about the time when his mother passed away…

”at that time when your mother unfortunately expired…”

Expired….EXPIRED

Jim Carrey Omg GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back