Media Royally Screwed

Remove this Banner Ad

The Okeydoke7 Plight:

- Told he will no longer play FF
- Set to play remainder of season in forward pocket
- Launches attack against club leaders
- Set to move to new club in S19.​

Champion full forward Okeydoke7 has controversially been forced out of his preferred position for the remainder of Season 18. The league administrator has launched a stunning tirade against club leaders in the lead up to the crucial upcoming match against the Swamprats. Club co-captain Marlowe this week named a team with his counterpart Son of God named at full forward. It is understood that club leaders had discussed the move for weeks. Okeydoke7 has been privately informed that he will play the rest of the season as a forward pocket.

Okeydoke7 reacted savagely to news that he will no longer be a full forward. Close sources have stated that the league administrator is likely to seek a new club ahead of Season 19.

When contacted for comment, Okeydoke7 didn't hold back: "This is a disgraceful way to treat a top line poster. I had a poor first half of the season in S17 and absolutely dominated in the back half of the season. Marlowe and Son of God have shown no faith in me to enable me to do the same this season. I have a simple philosophy. The best posters should play in the best positions. To TELL me that I will be in the forward pocket for the remainder of the season is poor leadership. Working with me and enabling me to get the best out of myself would have been much more effective. We have bought in some terrific young talent this season. Imagine them looking at the way a champion is being treated. They won't stick around. I won't either."

The season has not gone to plan for Okeydoke7. Before the season, Okey was touted as a realistic chance to end up in the top 3 goal kickers of all time (and within striking distance of Winty). However, the Alf Andrews medallist is stranded on 26 goals for the season, the worst return of any full forward this season. He now sits on 333 career goals from 133 games.

"My form is linked to the team's form. If the mids don't win the ball I am starved of it. Simple as that. I have proven myself as a brilliant full forward, but I rely on the team getting the ball in there. Moving me to the forward pocket as some sort of decoy is a disgrace. I will play the season out with the passion and commitment that I always do. I will continually strive to be as good as I can. I will be the best forward pocket in the league, make no mistake. But this hurts my career. This hurts my statistics. This hurts my averages. I have had a decorated career and I'd hate to see that damaged."

Okeydoke7 has won an Alf Andrews Medal and is the only player to top the goal kicking at 4 separate clubs. After the controversial snub, there is a significant chance that he may win the goal kicking at 5 clubs come season 19. "I will certainly begin entering into discussions with any interested clubs. I've given my all at the Royals and we have achieved everything that we strived for off the field. On the field, things haven't gone well for me or the team. If there's a club out there willing to respect me and my abilities I will enter discussions with them. If I can be guaranteed the full forward spot at a team that may actually play finals for once I will absolutely enter into discussions."

"Leadership is really important. Communication and treating the good posters well is part of that. Soggy is volatile and Marlowe is nonchalant. The forward pocket can get stuffed."

Bears could use a replacement for Juggalo Balla, have you tried them Dokes?
I said interested clubs, not interested cubs.

Imagine me playing under Pants and with Juggs. My time here would be way too boring. They are much more fun to be against than with.

What a way to treat a bona fide legend of the league, disgraceful :thumbsdown:

Bears could use a replacement for Juggalo Balla, have you tried them Dokes?

084f5fe8_eddit-griffin-eating-popcorn-gif.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me and Okey are starting a new team.

He gets all the forward positions and I get all the midfield positions.

Just give us the premiership already.

Here ya go little fella. /patshead

The Mug!.JPG

Took about a royal pain in our arse. With all the chances you've been given to succeed on a personal level with us, it's masterful the way you've failed so spectacularly. We also noticed a correlation between your personal glory and team success, for instance, you've won more Alfie's than finals. So excuse us for trying something new, even if we had to sacrifice your ego to do so... and let's face it, like a lizard's tail, it will regenerate and grow back.

Took about a royal pain in our arse. With all the chances you've been given to succeed on a personal level with us, it's masterful the way you've failed so spectacularly. We also noticed a correlation between your personal glory and team success, for instance, you've won more Alfie's than finals. So excuse us for trying something new, even if we had to sacrifice your ego to do so... and let's face it, like a lizard's tail, it will regenerate and grow back.

You had the chance to take two forwards from Baghdad: Me or Okey. Three if we pretend Juggalo Balla is one.

You took Okey.

Actually...Yeah, good choice.

I remember when okey used to do media threads about people other than okeydoke7.
When has okey done a media thread about someone else or at the very least not turn it into a thread about okey?

I've never seen it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back