Official Match Thread Season 37, Round 8: Gold City Royals vs Gumbies FFC at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

The following match thread OP has been outsourced to my twin sister from an alternate universe where it's permanently 2009.

roylgum.png

hai runs away <3

I'm PhenyomenyawV2, Phenyom's sistew fwom 2009!!11 So excited t-to see the x3 SFA?!?1 wowie~

Umm...I don't weawwy x3 knyow much about the x3 SFA, but i-i-i'ww twy my b-best~!

emo-girls-fashion.jpg

Umm, I think the x3 Woyaws ;;w;; awe kinda kawaii!? whispers to self Bwenton Davy has some coow twicks, Zevon has some beats and I wuv GweyCwow!~

Gumbies awe okie, I guess. Bawwybwan is funky, but I get vibes fwom Chat Piwe and wye UwU >w<

DhzK_wGa20uHUBTrQPZM3wAlLxU53XB8l7-9d-naDgeSrul5eP8mBYdBZaUefILiYEtditJw_ulJpgWkJpcZB2mR-OyhiZ4HJlZ7KZHLl3UIrDQT0G4yzyxNkTqENzenA3-7p-k3ScB9oQ

I weawwy x3 wannya see a gweat match ~ nya!? ÚwÚ

Team c-captains pweaze have youw team sheets in by 1-11:59pm WA time?

Cya~!!11 Gonnya wisten t-to some nyightcowe runs away ?-?-?!?1 ~

XBllI69wb59CJoyQMzYFhCjqRhzDIB1fWYn_asEn6bXEBb5MCP91hOPtmIXhmytNi822Jca69ss-8Hk0UHTEDH_DMkvZhRjP3WKjDY8I5IcAcMFLBxFsYYsOhsQsL-6rhHV77Po8EuA_A_DZYQ

Ah 2009, when MySpace was numero uno and Tom was your mate.
1710769770696.png

Will the Royals be our mate this week? Or will they be pricks like Elon and Zuck?

In accordance with Royal Tradition we ask each of you to post in black font and have a black border in memory of our Dear Papa Chuck and Sister In Law Kate

Vale
I know the Royal family is allegedly not a fan of people of colour, but I need to make clear that the Gumbies do not endorse a "black border" in any way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another road trip Gumbies snd the theme seems to be 2009 for some reason. A time when I had just moved to Perth, Supercheapgiants was very young and beez was [redacted] [redacted]. Kesha, AllAmericanRejects, Guy Sebastian, Miley Cyrus and the Black Eyed Peas were some of the hot musical artists that year while Underbelly and Packed to the Rafters dominated TV. Remember TV?

GWS Goose Chat Pile beez Barrybran Jeremias Tigerlaird Mop NSWCROW BlueE bone2468 Aucklander Dory_77 rye saintkildaman StFly ossie_21 CatToTheFuture nobbyiscool cats_09 HotPiesWithSauce Brick Loosener DinoSoar Supercheapgiants

Ah 2009, when MySpace was numero uno and Tom was your mate.
View attachment 1932372

Will the Royals be our mate this week? Or will they be pricks like Elon and Zuck?
without researching, my guess would be that MySpace was already a thing of the past by 09.
Facebook gained mass traction in 2007/8 and very quickly once Newscorp paid Tom the big bucks it went the way of Kodak quick smart.
On that note, kodak owned all the tech and already had a platform that was already capable of doing what instagram became as early as 2005, they thought the money was in the film and fought the move to digital and paid the price.

Another road trip Gumbies snd the theme seems to be 2009 for some reason. A time when I had just moved to Perth, Supercheapgiants was very young and beez was [redacted] [redacted]. Kesha, AllAmericanRejects, Guy Sebastian, Miley Cyrus and the Black Eyed Peas were some of the hot musical artists that year while Underbelly and Packed to the Rafters dominated TV. Remember TV?

GWS Goose Chat Pile beez Barrybran Jeremias Tigerlaird Mop NSWCROW BlueE bone2468 Aucklander Dory_77 rye saintkildaman StFly ossie_21 CatToTheFuture nobbyiscool cats_09 HotPiesWithSauce Brick Loosener DinoSoar Supercheapgiants

I remember when MTV played music 😲

Can someone confirm if this game will go ahead, or if Gold City have already forfeited?

All I see on the news is something about the Royals not being seen in public for a while now.

Can someone confirm if this game will go ahead, or if Gold City have already forfeited?

All I see on the news is something about the Royals not being seen in public for a while now.
Can confirm we are targeting the converted wooden spoon this season.

Don't go all reverse psychology on us.

Enjoy your 10-goal loss.

Gumby singing his new fav song, while traveling in comfort to our next away match

Let's continue our away winning streak this week

1710813970573.jpg

I hope it will be pure and not reliant on penalty points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back